1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger specific results from the NA/EU Suggestions discord's second balancing survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Greeniewolf, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

Here are the results from the questions about the Ranger class:

upload_2019-6-5_23-8-16.png

Attached Files:

2. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

upload_2019-6-5_23-12-12.png

Attached Files:

3. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

4. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

If you were to change one thing about Ranger in PVP what would it be?
    No clue
    -
    Nothing
    More protection
    Dash would be more smooth.
    She needs protections desperately!
    Make them less of a shotgun bot and focus more on dynamic dodging and kiting while dealing dps maybe improve her awakening to better represent her identity.
    If you compare them to other classes that are ranged, they have far less protected skills in their unawakened package. Can't compare with the awakened since they are melee in that.
    make her as good as archer
    One or two more protections on pre-awakening
    Provide a little bit more ranged abilities to support Group PVP play in largescale.
    Dash stamina
    Less stamina consumption and buff other skills and remove shotgun spam
    Dunno
    Stamina
    Remove grab
    No response
    Awakened cooldowns
    Significantly buff their awakening skill set
    make her use her awake stance more
    Much shorter cooldown on Evasive Explosion Shot
    Needs more iframes
    A general DPS and ranged CC tune down, they can engage way too safely
    More protection. But I feel this way about a lot of classes. You guys took away too much safe movement and Ranger is one that suffers a lot from this change due to the melee/ranged hybrid play style.
    no idea, ask the rangers
    more varied skills
    no ranged cc
    Put back FG on Shotgun when off cooldown and revert the Call from the Sky back to I-frame from Sa. Balance the change of dash stamina consumption to a mix of Stamina and mana. Fix their passives. The CotE(Call of the earth) doesn't scale past a certain point and should be made entirely passive. The Movement speed buff shouldn't be non combat and I think ranger would benefit more from some ranged Ap passive then mana regeneration in Bow.
    shotgun gang
    n/a
    make it more like archer, right now its too melee
    Protections
    Allow them to have cc on first hit on all Thier skills
    remvove damage split
    Don't play ranger. Why is the question required if I don't play it. #facepalm
    Hd
    Give back some of the protection on select bow skills like the frontal guard on shotgun (extreme charging wind)
    Less shotgun dmg
    More protected skills
    Remove the knockdown grab (all knockdown grabs)
    no comment
    Reduce 1v1 SA/Iframe rotation, remove infinite downsmash combo, slightly increase range
    More protection/less CC's
    They should have their infinite ranged CC removed. Infinite CC from a far is already dumb. However they should be given love by having ranged damage from a far.
    Ranger is a well balanced class in the right hands currently, no change is necessary aside from maybe removing the iframe bug on their 2nd use of s+rmb backflip in pre awk.
    Allow more variance of play between awakened and pre awakened stances. Currently the Awakened kit is primarily used to stay protected as it is overloaded with protections and debuffs, while the preawakened kit is under kitted with protections. This leads to rangers using a very boring playstyle typically sitting in their awakened stance doing little to help aside from distracting until they find a spot to shoot an arrow or two to find a cc. Both kits need to be adjusted to solve this problem otherwise you will just be left with an overpowered or underpowered class.
    More fluid to play; a couple more reliable protections instead of janky ping-based half second iframes.
    Damage Split
    Stamina. Ranger should be able to effectively kite as that's their only real defence.
    NA
    Mana consumption / stamina
    more variety in gameplay rather then just spamming 2 skills and grab
    Make its damage better
    Can't answer, because didn't played ranger
    pre-awakening rework
    self sustain for mp/hp
    Remove knockdown from grab and change it to bound. This class can chain too many knockdowns
    remove shotgun spam thanks
    Slight reduction in stamina costs
    Making her viable by reducing the split damage on her ranged attacks, when she CCs a group of people and tries to finish them off from range, the damage is a joke.
    give them a bit more AOE dmg for sieges and they are fine ..
    Give them a temporary movement speed that lasts 2 second so they can get away from people.
    slightly higher cooldowns and FIX THE GRAB BECAUSE ITS BROKEN
    change e buff and add a few frontals and 1 SA,
    nerf shotgun damage
    Don't know don't play
    Less Protection
    Nothing.
    Other than Awa? Whole bow mechanic: "Auto-aim" should be gone, damage should be up, only manual targeting, slower and precise attacks, some throwable traps to slow down enemy or enforce some thinking and planning in your foes, etc.... AND The other bunch of characters to be on pair with such Ranger - deadly in skilled hands, worthless when mindlessly spamming skills. Ballet of death!
    don't play ranger
    Delete the class
    IDK, i've always hated pvp in games
    less bugs
    Lower stamina consumption i guess
    It is balanced as all thing should be
    Change the Kamasylvian Sword to a bow
    Provide SA on dash; rework melee to make viable; buff range - archer supreme
    More ranged skills.
    Give super armor on dash.
    frontal guard on shotgun
    more protection, less damage
    better awakening
    Ranger's entire kit needs to be improved. Not enough protection, No ways to heal aside from pots, too many useless skills, Cooldowns are too long, Split damage is a nightmare, too squishy, and she is too stamina/mana reliant.
    the constant down smash is broken
    i dont play ranger
    I don't play Ranger I don't know
    Stamina Usage
    not sure
    not enough ranger experience to judge, I see ranger as rather balanced
    Nerf EES providing a second iframe off cooldown, give an extra protected CC or two.
    More protected skills (Super Armour/Frontal Guard/I-Frame)
    don't know
    Can't give criticism on, haven't played the class.
    SA back on vine knot
    Protection
    Not sure, perhaps removing their ability to shotgun spam or evade and shoot in very close intervals.
    their ability to spam the green arrow skill and just melt any class that is kd
    no idea dont play ranger

5. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

upload_2019-6-5_23-17-27.png

Attached Files:

6. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

7. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

If you were to change one thing about Ranger in PVE what would it be?
    Nothing
    No clue
    i dont play ranger
    -
    nothing
    Dont know
    Better Mana Regeneration
    Revert the nerf on wotw
    Stamina needs to be fixed so skills in pre-awakened can be used viably.
    make her as good as archer
    Decrease stamina and MP cost of some skills
    Ranger PVE is in a decent spot at mid pack (from what i have seen)
    Back attacks working badly even for melee mode
    resource management
    dunno
    Nothing.
    Not playing ranger enough to have a strong opinion
    No response
    Slightly buff stamina usage
    Slightly increase clear speed
    increase awake dmg
    Less resource use on Will of the Wind
    Give sustain
    Less dependancy on potions
    Make awakening pve more useful. It gets tiring spamming shotgun and will of the wind most of the time because they clear the fastest.
    no idea, ask the rangers
    more varied skills...class is boring
    ad self healing
    Partially revert stamina changes to a mix and higher sustain on Cold blade.
    less pots needed
    Stamina management
    more ranged awakened skills
    Mana regen
    i dont know
    NA
    Hejjfj
    Make the awakening not be "ranged" damage, so you could actually do proper back attacks on mobs without needing to stand inside the actual mob to do it.
    More sustain
    not sure
    Less WP management
    no comment
    Make it better
    Better resource regen
    WP gain
    Give them more AoE damage or better yet "give them more Monster damage buff activations" and / or " Monster Damage ". This will leave the PvP balancing apart from the PvE balancing but it definitely give them much more love here for PvE.
    make it less resource intensive
    I don't know enough about the class in PVE to comment on this.
    PvE needs an overhaul overall, not just ranger. Constantly tweaking ONLY PvE damage every week or even month for all classes to make sure they pull roughly equal trash per hour would be a good start.
    Revert Wotw nerf for PVE
    Back attack modifiers.
    Still resource heavy.
    Mana consumption
    not sure don't pve with ranger
    Buff shotgun
    Can't answer
    fix mana cosumption
    self sustain for mp/hp
    More stiffens
    unsure
    Give her self-sustain not only on terms of HP but also MP. Ranger needs a lot of potions to be able to compete in PvE compared to any other class except DK.
    NOTHING????? they have what they need AOE .. clearspeed and they have the shotgun so why are they crying???
    Give them maybe a lifesteal for pve
    not interested in pve
    clearspeed
    No change
    Stamina buff
    Nothing, she's a beast
    pre- and awa rework
    remove stamina use, revert to pre-renown class balance
    Giver her more powerful attacks like the archer
    shorter aw cds
    give her healing on melee skills
    Fix the mana problem
    Resource Management needs to be fixed so they don't run out of stamina after 3 seconds.
    Increase AOE damage
    Bigger AOE range on skills.
    remove split damage
    idk
    Backattacks
    Reduce the cost of stamina/mana.
    Awaken skills
    I don't know I don't play Ranger
    None
    ?
    Make pre-awakening better since it's more fun than non ranger like awakening
    again, I never pve with ranger so what do I know
    better self-sustain and buff other classes up to top tier pve clear speeds so that each class clears within 10-20% of each other and uses 10-20% of the same pots etc.
    Better stamina usage
    don't know
    lower the big CD on some awakening skills
    I don't play the class enough
    I don't PvE with my ranger.
    dont grind on ranger so cant really answer

8. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

In our previous survey, almost 65% of respondents felt that Ranger passives should be reworked. Please state what changes you think should be made. (If you don't think changes should be made, put "No change.")
    No change
    no change
    No change.
    No Change
    No change
    idk
    the SP regain would be change for movement speed.
    Much higher mana regeneration even in combat, and passive melee mitigation
    The class is nowhere near the top. Needs a complete overhaul based on the current selection of characters.
    they should be changed
    Melee Evasion
    movement speed passive seems to work with her kit/playstyle. no comment on other passives.
    1% per level for less mp consumption/0.5% evasion per level
    I've heard many players complain her regeneration of her mana sucks, so probably that.
    Not playing ranger enough to have a strong opinion
    No change(not enough exp)
    Accuracy
    Change it
    Better passive HP/MP regen
    no idea
    n/a
    The CotE(Call of the earth) doesn't scale past a certain point and should be made entirely passive. The Movement speed buff shouldn't be non combat and I think ranger would benefit more from some ranged Ap passive then mana regeneration in Bow.
    maybe
    Accuracy buffs? Not a ranger main so hard to say
    Not sure
    the old passive is outdated, a better one is required -
    NA
    Vdhe
    First of all the 10% movement speed passive should work at all time and not only when you sheathe your bow. I'm not sure what to do with the spirit healing passives, but right now the skill is completely useless. Either give it a usefull unique effect like some sort of stamina recovery or just generic % increases like most classes have (accuracy/evasion/ap/whatever)
    Passives for ranger don't do anything i believe
    The MP recovery is not helping them if they still have to drink resource pots like someone with crippling alcohol addiction. Give them something else instead.
    no comment
    Make them useful then see if ranger gets too strong from there.
    make passives work 24/7 instead of only under certain conditions
    I don't know enough about the class in PVE to comment on this.
    The movement speed passive should also have an effect in combat, the 3 mana passive should be removed and given the same as Archer passive
    Maybe give her stamina passives, or ap passives, acc passives or make the mana regen work in both awakening and pre awakening and make it stronger so she doesn't have to carry around mana potions like she's an addict.
    i think they should be changed but i am unsure of what to change it to
    Their passive is bad for sure
    Can't answer
    hp/mp on hit or kill. passive regen of hp/mp
    -
    possibly
    No
    Make her passive "Spirit Healing" apply to EVERY bow skill, not just the basic attacks. In return to that reduce the amount of MP regeneration on hit a bit, so Ranger does not never run out of mana. It should not be overtuned but also not undertuned so she struggles with mana as she does as of now.
    NO CHANGE
    Not a ranger main so not sure but it does need reworking
    increased attackspeed and SA during dash even on cd
    no idea
    Dont know
    No change, she's in a good spot.
    Anything that would go with lore and class archetype perhaps. Something connected to nature? In current set there is no possible change that would do anything without breaking the game even more.
    i don't know what passive ranger has
    I think all passives should should work as passives (automatically) some of the rangers passives are for after a certain skill and with button combos, in my books this isn't a passive skill.
    No change unless other classes get smth usefull too (btw all classes got hidden stats)
    Why not give them some survivability with their passive like physical dmg reduction.
    Range attack increase
    Unsure.
    Could be accuracy or evasion
    Buff Spirit healing. This would help the mana consumption issue a lot.
    I don't know I don't play Ranger
    None
    ?
    No idea
    Resist pen
    Remove them and replace with something similar to Archer's passive
    don't know
    the mana regen one forsure should be changed atleast to work in awakening
    I don't play the class enough
    Depending on what their passives is reworked to, too hard of a hit and they'll start whining.

9. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

upload_2019-6-5_23-35-32.png

If you answered no please list what other changes you feel are needed to properly balance Ranger.

For balancing the game, we have to get rid of all new classe since the release version and remove Awakening weapon.
    Ranger needs her identity as a kiting assassin enforced by rewarding effective movement and kiting with more dps and reworking her awakening to allow her to defend herself against oncoming threats.
    don't revert all of the changes made to them. make a middle ground
    remove ranged cc
    no
    nna
    its a personal play style question and for me i hate the lack of ranged in the awakened skills
    Remove cc on good hits to cc on first hit
    NA
    Hfjd
    Nothing is Needed. The overtuned characters with spamable SA that also has cc attached need to be changes *cough* Archer *cough* Wizard
    Ranger's strength is her ability to CC and damage you from a range where she can't be touched by melee classes while having a decent melee awakening to burst people down with I don't feel she is underpowered unless you compare her to striker, mystic, archer, wizard and witch.
    The effects of abilities in the awakened kit would need to be tuned down to compensate for the buffs in the preawakened kit.
    We need real balancing not just reverts. Passives don't change actual gameplay and the protections need more of an overhaul than just being reverted.
    Remove Split Damage.
    The previous question is silly. The question assumes that most classes are balanced in the current state of the game and that just simply isn't the case. IF you revert her protections, in the current game she would be broken over powered. I don't feel the lack of protections is an issue, i think her ability to kite is more important. She is a ranged class, keeping distance should be her primary defense not having enough protections to trade damage.
    if you revert the changes then other classes would be too weak in comparison so i think this question needs to be more complex if a lot of changes happen to a lot of classes then yes maybe reverting would be good. Ranger does deserve some love as it is a rarely played class but it is not particularly weak in everything. It is quite strong in some areas.
    Don't give it more protection....that would make it unfair to other classes...
    im talked with 1-2 rangers and the 1 thing they are complaining about is "i have no superarmor grab" ... "when i have a superarmor grab i go back to ranger"...
    problem is not the class itself, its just worse than archer due to archers range, if theres a nerf coming to archers range and cc then ranger will be fine.
    Less Protection
    Everyone who mains any class, wants there class to be as broken as Mystic was when she first came out. Ranger can spam downsmashes and kill from out of render distance if anything she's too strong in big groups but overall she's well balanced.
    Whole game should go back to the pre-awa state and improve from there horizontally and vertically.
    Ranger just needs more movement skills imo to actualy get in and out faster (dont make her a second archer tho >_>)
    SA on dash, rework melee as it is useless
    No Constant Down Smashes
    None
    Ranger should have a few key buffs and a nerf to EES extra iframe. The perception that rangers need huge buffs is exactly that -- a perception, not reality.
    i don't know

#9 Greeniewolf, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  10. aswedishtiger

Whoever this person is pretty much nailed it. No other class is even anywhere close to pot reliant as her. Hell I don't even think you can consider any other class "pot reliant" except her

Grizabella likes this.
  11. Blitzball

Ranger excels in clear speed ? Lmfao , wtf

I don't even play ranger but i know there are far better classes in terms of clear speed :D

These surveys are jokes

Stabby likes this.
  12. Grizabella

All of the comments are highly level and gear dependent. Ranger at Cap probably clears amazingly well. I deserted mine at 61 for a Lahn, and the Lahn clears way faster at 61 with 230/230/300

13. Spartakatz

So many answers like "I don't even play ranger". And you ask those people about rangers state and suggestions? Wow good luck with that.

14. Blitzball

I didn't fill surveys for classes i don't play.

But yea , there should be alot of dumb people filling surveys and hope for a nerf. Just look at the Mystic survey results :D

15. Stabby

Ranger just isnt a ranger to me. BDO's version of ranger is the worst I've seen in any game. Ever. I want less than 10% of my combat to be about melee. I want to max range and kite ****!

16. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Look i dont like to mess with honest work and interest about a specific class, but and with all due respect when 58.8% said it never played ranger, i cant take this seriously.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Asterotis

The same could be said for the other surveys about Node Wars and Siege results by a bunch of casual players who probably have never done it, yet voice their opinions on it anyway.

18. MalGuldur

Thats pretty much how rangers pvp...Kite with bow until they get hit by that cc arrow then you go in for the kill.