1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger Succession First Look

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Spartakatz, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Casty

We get 12%acc from self buffing with awakening and can keep 100% uptime. The new ebuff acc buff is really negligible when talking about things gained.

2. Dalenos

^ THIS >_>

Factorial likes this.
  3. stalas

Hey dev why are u not adding this nice explosing phoenix nuke they have on mobile for ranger awakening.

What ranger player want is someting like.

-1 nice leap i dont mean rmb call from sky cuz this = u move slow and die but maybe if u reduce annimation on this by half and reduce stamina cost to 50 or 100 so we can move ... its still gonna the worst movement off any class in the game but usable.
    Or any type of good movement maybe awakening dash with iframe and SA off cd ... Because really call from sky is just not gonna make it just like that its just to slow, unprotect and stamina hungry skill/

-Maybe block on shotgun 3 sec cd will be nice to have.
    -Upgraded tree of kama giving accu buff for longer like 30 sec and maybe hp regen like 200 / sec or someting like that.

So its EZ ranger need movement / hp regen and maybe S block ... archer have s block on crossbow and longbow so no reason ranger cant block with bow ?

BTW RMB + S is probably not protected right i mean its using ees cd and after that is noting ? maybe add block off cd to that ?

#23 stalas, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. LiquidEmotion

What about split damage and stamina usage?

5. sunokelly

The whole succession stuff Looks dumb right. Just imagine what they gonna do to archer based on what they did to us.

6. sunokelly

yeah we got 15%acc buff every 3mins and we lost 12% on Cold blade + 5%on Add on acc buff every 5 sec. Sounds like a evation killer buff.

Sturmflut666 likes this.
  7. Sturmflut666

And now lets play the funny little game "guess which ones are the rangers main damage skills and which are the ones of another class"

1.[​IMG]
    2.[​IMG]
    3.[​IMG]
    4.[​IMG]

ranger has to spam stupid self buffs every 8-9 (cold blade/cote) sec to keep up with the accuracy buffs most other classes have on their skills or as a class passive. We dont need 15% acc every 3min, we need just the same as the other classes, either by a rework of our amazingly bad upgradable passive or a higher acc value+time on cote.

8. Bnna

most classes have either spammable skills to buff up or skills they have to start a combo with for it to do dmg.

and what u are saying there almost sounds like u think ranger lacks damage. bc thats the only thing im 100% sure is not the problem.

9. Sturmflut666

I didnt say ranger lacks damage, i said ranger lacks accuracy. Against softcap dp/basic evasion (or evation, as the new term seems to be) i deal with 293 ap quite good damage, but as soon as the enemy stacks evasion, the damage falls off rapidly, mostly against classes with free % evasion (mystic, striker, sorc, kuno, ninja, ...). I guess ranger isnt supposed to be the class that can kill tanks, but with the current state of the game, many player with 269+ ap start stacking evasion which turns every of the named classes into something similar toa tank. Either give us % accuracy accessories, balance evasion or balance the free accuracy given to the classes, the way how it is currently will lead to a more and more unbalanced pvp the further ppls gear improve.

#29 Sturmflut666, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

im sure u have %accu addons in preawaken also, then there is that ranged evasion debuff that helps as well.

11. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Innert Accuracy of skills:

Ranger:
    Cold Blade -> 11% (buffs by 12% for 10 seconds after 2 slices)
    Breezy Blade -> 10%
    Wailing Wind -> 8%
    Waltz -> 9%
    Elven Rage -> 5%
    Tremble -> 5%
    Rushing Wind -> 10%
    Vine Knot -> none
    Flow: Tempest -> none
    Flow: Disillusion -> 10%
    Regen -> 5%

Wizard:

Ritardando -> 10%
    Aqua Jail -> 20%
    Water Sphere -> 30%
    Hellfire -> 20%
    Bolide -> 20%
    Cataclysm -> 30%
    Chilling Wave -> 30%
    Flow: Aqua Bomb -> 10%
    Lava Field -> 100%
    Flow: Guidance -> 25%
    Flow: Fire Fist ->25%
    Flow: Stream -> 25%
    Flow: Fire Breath -> 25%

Yes ofc we will take accuracy addons on our skills.
    Yes ofc Rangers will use evasion debuff skills like Aqua Jail.

Like srsly, is this bait? If so it wasnt very delicious.

PS: Wizard E buff, just like Ranger succ E buff gives accuracy. Wow what an evasion killer.

Sturmflut666 likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

considering length/duration of most of witchzard awaken skills (mostly wider "melee"ish range) and how you are unlikely to hit a target with it unless spraying the area or someone else ccing them, as well as fact that we dont have anything like cold blade to buff up our accuracy for preawaken kit also... as well as lack of ranged evasion debuff... id say ranger arguably isnt in a worse position accuracywise than us.... unless somehow there is a target willing to sit in front of us, preferably not attacking back, moving or grabbing, allowing us to chain multiple slow awaken skills on them.

i know multipliers on our awaken kit look through the roof, i wont say they arent high, but i hope you do at least understand why that is so. hell, most of these skills can be walked through and some will never even deal all ticks of damage to a moving target, heaven forbid a dancing iframing class.

water sphere is our only ranged attack with high accu modifier, but it has shared damage since the last nerf on it some time ago.

ranger (awakened, as is) has the ability to have +-20% accu attacks when cold blade buffed(works on preawaken kit), on range nontheless, plus it can debuff evasion on range (-12%) as well. for wizard, to acquire equal efficiency on range there is just no way, even if we kindly ask that target to first come to us and eat aqua jail short range very long animation deathtrap.

"but but, close range wizard still has accuracy in awaken" - yes, and is most likely very much dead in that range unless under PA chaining.

tldr - writing numbers without kit being explained doesnt mean much.

13. Hekki

This post only proffs the mages need nerf. But it not say ranger have more problem with accuracy than normal classes.
    (I guess that is obvious the wizard is just broken OP class and buff ranger to this should not be an option)

14. Ned Sheynji

This was more like:
    Wizard trying to have a valid opinion on a subject he obviously has no understanding off.
    So i showed him numbers. Oh yeah. Good ol' numbers.

15. WhySoSeeryus

i can show u numbers, you tell me how good the skill is for dps

earthquake.jpg

16. Ned Sheynji

What is the point dude.

Are you trying to defend Wizard? Like the class that has been brokenly uncontested since it got its awakening?
    With how bad he is in 1v1? You guys literally crush everything else in this game.
    And after enough of you little kids were crying for DMG buffs because suddenly there was some endgame stuff you couldnt grind you actually got the buff. And on top of that an evasion debuff in order to be even more viable in large scale than you already are, because why not.

Spare yourself the ATP, dude. Nobody except fellow Wizards will ever say that Wizard is weak. This thread is about Ranger and the fact that succession is most likely gonna be skipped by most ranger players simply because it doesnt adress core issues of the class.

And dont even get me started on things that simply dont work, from a programming standpoint. We have skills that straight up get cancelled or dont even go off because of all kinds of different reasons that are outside of our control, unless we literally hack into the game.
    Remember Cold Blade that you were pissed about because it gives you accuracy? Ye that one is broken too.
    You either can press S+LMB 2 times to trigger the buff but sometimes it just continues and does the full animation of the skill leaving you vulnerable, hence you already lost up to 2 seconds of your precious accuracy buff you have to rebuff in 10 seconds anyways so now you only have arround 6-7 seconds of increased accuracy.
    Or you input S+LMB and just hold it which has the effect or gets you stuck in repeatedly doing the first slice over and over again without buffing you at all. Same problem again.
    So now tell me. You have infinite accuracy buffs but every 10 seconds you need to waste up to 3 seconds that, assuming it doesnt break, is unprotected and locks you into place. On the class with the lowest defense in the entire game. On top of that you gotta catch your Opponent somehow too. And how is that gonna happen if you have no protected CC whatsoever and have only 3 ranged CC that have way too high cooldowns to actually rotate. And when you finally get your opponent on the ground the buff already must be rebuffed which either wastes you precious combo time or lowers your Damage once again.

Look dude there is no point arguing about wizard being bad in a ranger thread. I could go on forever with wierd bugs and broken key inputs for the rest of the day. Every skill in the Ranger tree has at least one or 2 broken inputs. Even at stable 100 FPS.

Sturmflut666 likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

numbers alone mean ****.

we were discussing succession e buff, then someone, not me, brought wizards into it making it look like they are ranged artillery with pinpoint accuracy on range. which they arent. their preawaken kit doesnt have high accuracy and doesnt have cold blade-like to buff it with. also, they dont have ranged evasion debuff. in wizards case, their evasion debuff is on a (meleeish) skill you probably dont wanna use that much unless u r outta SA options.

18. Ned Sheynji

And you srsly got triggered because of this:

???

For real? That got you triggered?
    Literally no class in this game ever has to self buff so much that it actually hurts the damage if you self buff.
    Guess what the ranger has? Im not kidding: 5 self buffing skills. 4 awakening, 1 pre awakening. 5 Skills you need to use in order to do maximum Damage via self buffing. And thats not even talking about skill addon buffs. Imagine you have to use 5 skills before you can do a proper DMG combo. Is that what you want for Wizard? Having to waste 5 seconds every 8 seconds to be able to deal maximum DMG for 3 seconds?
    How you can still argue in this thread saying how amazing the cold blade self buff is and not have like tripple alcohol overdose is beyond me.

Also in case you are still trying to argue:
    Back before your times when we had the old CC system we could actually chain the self buffs pretty efficiently into our DMG combo, At least in 1v1 scenarios. Back then this made sense. Nowadays it does not anymore.

19. Spartakatz

funny how acc buff seems most important and nobody cares about loss of iframe+grab+blocks

20. WhySoSeeryus

why would I be triggered? Forum is a place for discussion, isnt it?

speaking of selfbuffs, there are plenty staff users have to throw to even consider being near the enemy or to remotely try to combo them properly.

tried witchzards without speed spell? being near people without mana shield? we could even discuss how their entire kit is fubared by kd resist.

I know grass looks greener on the other side, but there is a reason why there really arent that many witchzards anywhere beside large scale (and i dont mean 20-30 man nodes) and why most guilds are always trying to recruit them. class has serious drawbacks and everyone acts like its the second coming of christ.

yes, PA chaining is broken, Voltaic is broken, slow stacking is nerve wrecking but still not many people opt to play the classes.

im NOT saying ranger is a very popular class. thing is, people prefer to play something that roflstomps in 1v1 dickmeasuring contests and then to cry about how theres this one skill that goes on their nerves. to tell you the truth, as wizard player id say PA gives me more problems and issues than if it didnt even exist. our classes actually do get fubared if we tele into PA'd group coz then we r stuck there unless our team can chain on top of them.