1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger Succession First Look

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Spartakatz, Sep 20, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

all that kakao has to do is nerf the assasins then!

;D

2. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Laziest devs ever. I took a month off from this game and this is the garbage that we got? I actually like the play style of the ranger, or I would've moved to a meta class long ago. One of the main reasons I finally quit GW2 was because of how clunky their weapon swap system was, you were locked out of your other weapon even when the move set itself had a cool down. So I actually welcomed a fluid weapon swap into melee.

This is not even a new skill set, just same set with higher dmg with new particle effects. So basically you lose your awakening's benefits which means you have less resources (e.g. FG/SA/MP regen, ways to attack) but your current move sets are still on the same cool down? How is that ever going to work fundamentally, unless your bow damage output doubles? And if you increase the range damage too much, it breaks the game since you'll one or two shot people before they can do anything. This succession idea is ****ed from the get go because of how lazy and incompetent these devs are. A succession has to be a separate skill set not sharing the same resources and existing cool downs.

They would've done much better just reverting the damage that was taken away from Shotgun and Will of Wind. This is ridiculous.

Boojangles likes this.
  3. Factorial

It's a statement by idiots who don't play their own ****ing game.

4. sunokelly

The new Worst dueling class: ranger in succession. Come on guys just imagine a Full ap witch teleported onto your face, what can u do? Use ees and Razor wind to avoid some dmg and Hope some teamate can help u cc him?

5. LiquidEmotion

The lack of movement is a giant concern. Like why didn't they just incorporate her dash or something similar into the succession?

Tvvin likes this.
  6. Xairen

I thought succession would bring in a breath of fresh air into some classes, but so far it's been completely dogshit for both Warrior and Ranger.

I'm afraid for my own class, as well as the other classes when the time comes. PA is gonna end BDO if they don't take any feedback into account because all the input I've seen given is negative.

7. jrs1

jrs1 Striker 61 NA

8. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Rofl u guys will never be happy... The succession is cool, brings a new gameplay for ranger, maybe learn the combos and how to use the skills in combos. All classes successions are trash cause everyone is trying them 10min but don't even know how to make a full combo...

9. Boojangles

Can we assume that you were able to figure out Succession makes ranger stronger? We were already pulling things out of our ass, but the sum of everything is, we lost movement+protection for damage. If anything it should have been the other way around. Though that too would not be so great. I wont say its 100% bad because ive not tested it myself, but I hope these devs take this more seriously than they did with absolutes and rebams.

10. Silsti

You're talking to the dude who can barely figure out how to cancel bow's gimmicks :^)

To be a bit more on topic though, after testing the current iteration has ways to go, simplification gutted some of the preawa flows and they have neglected cw's charge during cancels which is quite the loss. Perhaps to favor dumbed down plays and turreting which is not quite well protected. Rw's fg is applicable only during shooting and has an effective cd of 4-5s, cw has a .5 (or more?) charge before applying SA (wings of freedom doesnt work with SA). Double ees is gone but you get easier cfs and a cute ****off ees after it as well as SA on 2nd ees when you do 2 backwards. Those are pretty much the highlights.

Damage wise things are boosted quite a bit. Full charge cw and ta (which are faster on succ) actually hurt and the new ubg is like a narrow fullbloom with an activation clause. DC is strong but range is nothing amazing, if you wanna wall you're probably better off cwing due to ta's dmg/target split and dc's short z range/ y range.

Still a work in progress, personally i hope they go back on the bg simplification and drop stamina costs so we can play a more "authentic" ranger if we happen to choose succ.

P.S. Bow could be real fun and gimmicky with one pushing the other but current devs arent much when it comes to design.

#70 Silsti, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:21 PM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:52 PM
  11. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

We got a lot of SA and frontal guard. Also can spam call from sky like a noob.
    I'm not saying that it is op, its iust good enough to replace awakening.
    I'm getting shot for not hating the new updates like everyone else in the first seconds.... This hate train never gonna take me in :o

12. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

He is talking to a guy who complained over 1 year of skills that don't exist in skill tree and interfer with the combos. Still everyone was trowing hate on me when i was opening those topics. Lets ignore the ranger real problems and be in the dumb train?

13. Stabby

Why are the devs wasting their time on this? BDO is stale, old and boring! If you don't improve the damage of these new succession trees then you miss an opportunity to not only bring players back to bdo but increase retention. I don't understand this dev team. It's shocking how out of touch they are with what players need and want.

This is just another money push that's going to fail for them.

14. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Our damage is quite ok. The succession even improves the bow damage quite a bit. Problem is: we need survivability... damage doesn't help, when you're dead. We lose a PvE i-frame (dodge roll in sword stance), dashes, grab, block and a lot of our protected abilities, when we remove the sword. From how the succession looks atm, you might not be able to defend yourself, once an opponent gets into melee range... and this happens A LOT faster than 3 years ago, when the bow attacks were designed.

Btw, did anyone test: How is the sustain on the succession? Do you still constantly run out of stamina and mana, like rangers always did? How quick is the movement between groups of mobs? (a lot will depend on how useful the succession is for PvE too)

15. hightech

I never saw a thread in this forum with positive feedback, no matter what they are doing.
    The Feedback that is gathered is from the libary.
    TBH if I put myself in their shoes, I would not react to this forum either, because no matter what gets changed this forum will hate it.
    Beside the UI change. This has definitely to be adressed. Not in the way to revert it but to optimze it based upon the overwhelming negative feedback in some fields like size and conttrast or usability.

16. hightech

Defenitly very boring this game.

22. Black Desert Online 9,476 14,532

This 9476 player 09am EU central time must be idiots.
    And you can double this count by the launcher user.

The most played MMORPG on steam is definitely by far the most boring experience I ever had :)

17. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

SA and FG on a class that has the lowest defense in the entire game. On skills that essentially lock her in place on usage. Wow.
    How thoughtful of a comment you delighted this thread with. FG gets broken after 1-2 skills and you die instantly because you cant leave the crouching animation quickly enough. SA gets you killed even faster the same way cause you dont need to wait the few milliseconds until your block bar gets down to 0. Really nice to have protections on skills that lock you into place, dont you think? Makes it really easy for people to kill you since they dont even have to correct their aim.

Ye sure, good enough until you used 5 skills, then your stamina bar is empty and you are locked into place and cant even do skills after you get unlocked because your stamina bar needs recharge.

Except you got proven wrong multiple times that said skills you were using actually exist and are just tied to other preawakening skills, most notably EES. While on that topic we also proved that your finger movement is just straight up wierd, detrimental and not constructive in the slightest.

#77 Ned Sheynji, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:46 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2019 at 1:24 PM
    Sturmflut666 and Rilok like this.
  18. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Show me 5 skills that use whole stamina bar.
    So you just say that my finger movement is strange and you ignore the fact that some flows/skills pop in the middle of the combo and they pop like not even 50% of the full animation?

Soo you are not happy that u got FG and SA, you want iframes on all skills then?

19. Avonna

i dont know why, but every time i come into the ranger forums...all i hear is a flushing sound...?....

#flush

20. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Go ahead, spam WotW then.

Yes i do because i never seem to have the issue of other skills popping in because like mentioned before i dont have a wierd finger movement.
    That doesnt say that there isnt a few broken controls that wierd better the higher FPS is, e.g. Cold Blade buffing, but randomly using EES in the middle of a combo never happened to me so far. Especially not from pressing S+RMB.

Im fine with FG and SA but i want them to be on skills where you arent locked in place.
    Give back FG on shotgun for example. That was awesome. You can protect yourself once while moving away from a potential threat. Which is exactly what ranger used to be and what Archer by extension now is.
    Or give us SA on some underappreciated/unknown stuff like for example Flow:Crossing Wind I. Bet nobody in here saw that one coming. Basically protection on skills with slight movement just like archer has them. Tactical Strike anyone? Why cant we have Tactical Strike at least with SA? An iframe that knocks down and moves you slightly to the left or right. Why cant we also have that? Like give Flow:Crossing Wind I a knock down with super armor/iframe on a appropriate cooldown. You can adjust the skill points to 23 or higher if you wish. Nobody cares. But at least some protection pls?

Maginha and Sturmflut666 like this.