1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger Succession First Look

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Spartakatz, Sep 20, 2019.

1. LiquidEmotion

It has literally nothing to do with it. If you look at what I was replying to then you wouldn't be so confused.

2. Spartakatz

there's a 7ap passive buffs and all succession versions are significantly stronger than the preawakened absolute versions.

ranger was pretty mana pot hungry in the past but not really anymore, except you're in low level areas and spam just the same 1-2 skills.

3. Alcathoe Noctis

Has someone got a release date for eu/na succession? Kr got it this week.

4. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

I think for OG rangers who played during the pre-awaken days and still lean more towards the bow, this has some potential. The raw increased range damage and protection will be nice to have. Not expecting too much, but I’ll definitely give it a shot. At the very least, it will be better for large scale/siege gameplay.

5. Alcathoe Noctis

Yes. Insane dmg from descending current. But I'm terrified of the consequence. As Ranger 3 years in bdo I think they will nerf the dmg soon and we go back to awa. They just wanna bring people to reroll from archer in my opinion. Pve and large scale will be a blust, if dmg gets no nerf

TucoRamires likes this.
  6. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

This looks boring AF. No self buffs. Takes half your stamina (this dude is lvl 65, so he has all the new stamina passives already) to kite and zero counter play once they button mash to gap close. I pity those of you that are in siege guilds that'll be forced to play this **** every weekend.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

seems like hes a ranged class that does its job from the few video skips ive browsed through.

8. Alcathoe Noctis

I do not find the cancel of w+lmb. I need this faster as it is with "s+lmb". I read somewhere you may cancel with kick "f", i unlocked it, press f in adition, but it is still slow animation. How do i get it as fast as s+lmb??? Also someone knows other cancels? Succession is really slow...

9. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I'm one of those 280+ ones who run around nuking things. If you do not leave a ranger alone for like 10 whole minutes, she is not "OP". And if you do leave a ranger on a rooftop to pew pew, then you deserve death lul.

I'm cool with that. I personally would rather not have grab or that-short-distance-protected-only-1/7-times dash than to lose the ranged damage.

Succession ranger is basically the class you excell on if you have any talents playing a first person or third person shooter. Learn to use your team and environment as your defense instead of an autistic button rotation for fg and sa. Role-wise, how sneaky she can be with her succession skills make her a real "ranged assassin", or sniper. Unlike the half-baked skirmish class awakening was which gave versatility but was subpar to its fellow skirmish classes (ninja, kuno, sorc etc).

Thats literally just fair game considering if you are next to the succession ranger, she is dead 100%. Your mistake was being far away from her. Reposition yourself and re-evaluate your priority target list.

Her risk vs reward is quite fair -- she is 1 hit/combo on equal gear practically, with little protection on her skills, even fewer than in awakening and the defenses are less practical for reactive use than awakening. (*see below for examples) Meanwhile, her reward is high ranged damage output which works well on ap builds, but is quite hardcountered by evasion builds on the correct evasion-friendly classes.

For example, her fg is a long windup time melee skill with 14 seconds cd, and her other fg is stationary and only fg when she is shooting and if the skill is off cd (8s). If you body throw yourself at her while she is still sitting down, she might as well get ready to lay down because the sitting part isn't protected, only if she is attacking.

The stationary SA of charging wind has the gap of the actual shot, being completely stationary, and completely vulnerable to raw damage (and she's the squishiest class stat wise, you can see it on the char creator). Go to her and squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish. Works best from behind her.

UBG has a full sa animation but hardly moves her and is largely also stationary. You can grab her or just out-trade her sa. Spam one of those wide circle range melee aoes and she will die in it.

Succession cfts is faster and farther in animation with sa but only sa after she is 45 degrees in the air and 45 degrees before landing.* You can grab her out of the air or just...spam damage on her. She could very well die mid-air.

Lastly, if you cannot one shot or one combo a ranger (combo or hit varies by class, ex. valk can 1 hit, mystic may well need a combo), then you simply are not geared for pvp. You need 200 AP on every class to guarantee a kill on AP built rangers (up to ~320-330 dp is tested and guaranteed). DP built rangers are a meme and won't one shot you anyway.

If you do not know how to kill a ranger in 1 attack or 1 combo at 200 or above AP, please see the guides on your respective class discord or seek out a mentor to teach you how. If the issue is not being able to recognize what is not an iframe, then just make an alt and learn the animations, although recognition of vulnerability is as simple as asking and answering the following question -- did the ranger just jump or no?

*based on previous cfts protection tests, will undergo re-evaluation again

#109 Luxea, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Rilok and Eryola like this.
  10. Grizabella

Does anyone know how damage is calculated for Succession? Does your Awakened weapon matter at all?

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

30% of your Sheet Aap (without ap bracket bonus) is added to succession. All bonuses from awaken weapon as well (+human damage or all species damage - which oddly enough makes green and blue weapons even above dandelion efficiency)

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser.../new_and_improved_test_of_succession_ap_from/

Grizabella likes this.
  12. Grizabella

13. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Dollars to donuts this will be patched. You seriously think they'll leave a bug that eats into Artisan sales?

14. Emik3

So at this time for ranger succesion or awakening is better? I look on both trees and dont know.

15. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Pve: Succession
    Large scale pvp: Succession
    Small scale pvp: Preference
    1v1’s: Awakening

16. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Rilok likes this.
  17. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

18. Wollbert