1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger succession in 1vs1!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Mhoangkhaang, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Mhoangkhaang

so i loved ranger on release but once awakening came i hated it.
    now with succession i wondered how good it is in 1vs1 as its pretty important to me,
    so far i have gathered that its not that good in 1vs1. But i wondered if with allot of practise/knowledge if its doable? or if succession ranger just aint meant for 1vs

2. LiquidEmotion

Overall it's pretty shite in terms of consistent reliability in 1v1's but here is what I'd say about it. Ranger succ relies heavily on gear/class match up/environment to win 1v1's. You can be skilled with Ranger succ but you will loose against a ninja/sorc a majority of the time for example. Ranger succ's goal in 1v1 is to always keep your distance and chunk down their guards/HP to finish them off or of course just land a CC to win. If you don't have enough gear to chunk them, can't keep your distance, or are fighting in a claustrophobic environment then you will most likely lose. The best method to win 1v1s is to just outgear your opponent XD

At least it's great in PvE/Large scale.

Side Note: Ranger Succ could be much better at 1v1s if she had more cancels. So many unprotected little 1second animations that get you killed and I think that is one of the biggest issues with her.

#2 LiquidEmotion, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Éternel and Columba like this.
  3. Spartakatz

i I guess "you need to outgear" is also a way to say "it's absolute trash".
    need to compare vs same level of equip and skill.

4. Rinnagans

well you can only do so many back flip attack/retreat before your stamina run out, then at that point press V esc esc and go afk fishing :l on other hand you be god in PvE

5. Columba

Well stated. One other requirement - lots of stamina. Thankfully, I haven’t used a horse in nearly 4 years so my stamina is 2980. Distance, mobility and cancels are key. 1:1 needs wide open spaces .

6. LiquidEmotion

Thing is, her cancels don't work fast enough like awak ranger does. I miss c swap and s block so much for 1v1 situations. I think ranger succ vs ranger awak is the hardest matchup. Ranger awak have much more protection at range and much more deadly up close because of grab. They basically just wait for you to do an unprotected attack (lots of those) and then take you out with bg cc.

Columba likes this.
  7. LiquidEmotion

Nevermind. Abort ranger succession. Its going to be complete dogshit pretty soon with the next patch update.

Dryed likes this.
  8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

You missed the short gap when it came back from being a dead class, they are killing it again from what it seems like.

9. LiquidEmotion

When absolutes came out she was "OP" for like 2 weeks and then she was nerfed to ****. She survived a bit longer this time but they are doing the same thing. Excessive nerfs. Feels good to be hated by PA.

10. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

I'm used to it, I used to play maehwa, the other bastard step-child of PA.