1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank each class in 1vs1 PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Spittaz, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Spittaz

Rank each class on how well they do in 1v1 in the current patch.

2. Ibashu

OAO, the next post with that ****.
    You can say:"This class is strong in pvp." or "This class is easy to play."
    BUT every class can defeat the other depending on the players playstyle and knowledge. You can't rank them, because every class has pros and contras.

3. Parc

I think it's been established that Tamer, Ninja, Zerker and Striker are particularly strong in 1v1s, but I've seen every single class hold their own just fine with the right pilot. In my opinion, the outcome of a 1v1 is heavily dependant on gear and how good the player is, and has very little to do with the class.

It's also hard to say "well what if both players are equal skill level?" because skill level is highly subjective. If you've ever witnessed super smash bros tournaments, it's been observed that some players playstyle sometimes as a rock-paper-scissor, eventhough every single player puts hours and hours into the game. That phenomenon has been covered in the documentary The Smash Brothers when they talk about M2K/Azen/Mango.

#3 Parc, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Jurra likes this.
  4. Warshade Z

Warshade Z GhostHammer Ninja 63 NA

Don't forget Kunos! They dominated the Ninja/Kuno tourney recently.

Tvvin likes this.
  5. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

tier1 valk striker
    tier2 wizard tamer warrior maehwa
    tier3 kuno ninja zerk dk

rest is irrelevant but counters are super important in 1v1s (like maehwa doesn't beat warriors but is really good against strikers)

6. iloveKuchen

Good list nut dk is higher up same tier as wizard.u putting wizard up high is assuming u consider geared performance and then dk simply kill through super armor with insane dmg.

7. Netreiam

I feel like you’re underrating classes people don’t play often because of how meta-obsessed people are and how most people just go for easy classes.

Ninja and ranger I know are pretty mechanically difficult ( ninja because of controls/combos, ranger because squishiness) but they are both pretty scary when in the hands of competent players

There isn’t much data on them but looking at the class itself I wouldn’t put any of them in t3

Your list looks more like easiest/most forgiving classes to hardest/most punishing classes

TheReason, MightyMidgit and Kusaragii like this.
  8. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

And honestly, that's how classes should be rated in this game.

So i'll take an amateur stab at: hardest to play/least forgiving (written from hardest down to easiest)
    Sorc: hard mode, unforgiving AF
    Ranger: see above, but gets kills easier
    Ninja: tough in a difficult way, but manageable, though u ded if you zig instead of zag every time
    Tamer: not the most difficult to master, but dies at the drop of a hat
    Kuno: escape-escape-escape...but you often need to. >.>
    Witch: only as forgiving as you are good at playing it, and only after you admit it isn't as bad as you think
    Musa: running away isn't difficult to do, knowing when to advance is the hard part
    Maehwa: much the same, but better burst
    Striker: i couldn't think of where to put this clown
    Dark Knight: you can die, sure...but you can also i-frame/front guard and your damage is still very not bad. You're better if you know what you're doing, but you can 1 combo from range, so don't get your glam-goth panties in a bunch
    Wizard: takes some technical mastery, but when you have it, and know your match up, it's really not that hard to be good at it.
    Valk: shield zugzug, 100% zugzug, hit thru block zugzug, my grab sucks yet i still snatch you out of i-frame zugzug
    Zerk: lol SA *cries about potato damage* lol grapple (i know you guys got issues, but also, your class is pretty forgiving if you stick to the basics)
    Warrior: I have seen trash warriors, they still win 1v1's just by pressing random buttons.

Mystic: not awakened, don't care.

Note that this doesn't take into account match ups, just in general what is hard to play and what punishes the most when you screw up.

I am also not a professional at anything. Just based on my experience.

Wollbert, Rilok, Taeguk and 3 others like this.
  9. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

Striker, Zerker, Mystik S+ Tier
    Warrior, Valk S Tier
    Maewha, Tamer A Tier
    Kuno/Ninja/Ranger B Tier
    Wizzard/Musa C Tier
    Witch D Tier.

10. Beld

Wait are you seriously putting wiz above kuno ninja zerk and DK in 1v1? I don't understand that.

MentorMentat likes this.
  11. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

yea a good wizard is a lot better than these classes in 1v1

Rasta667 and Ama83 like this.
  12. Alrikmerc

It's true. A very good wizard is pretty nasty in 1v1. Though we still have to look at the fact that the wizard class, if you understand what it can do, is pretty forgiving toward play mistakes.

In certain match-ups it isn't very forgiving. Sure. There are some classes that can take a pounding and deal out serious pain very quickly while they have you CC'd. Though honestly, for the majority of the field...well, first of all a lot of people have no idea of how to fight a wizard properly, so they're just free kills. Secondly, even the people who know how to counter a wizard will still fail miserably if there is a gear difference. It's annoyingly obvious with wizards and witches because u ded so quick.

So there are some wizards who win 1v1's all day, but actually suck at their class. >.>

13. Spartakatz

Those topics grow from the wishes of unskilled players, that are not willing to practise or upgrade their equip, but still want to be the PvP kings.

jangalangz and Alrikmerc like this.
  14. LethalAF

A wizard can run full evasion and still one shot a full tet boss armor ninja.

Wizard is underrated in 1v1.

Kyouki, Warshade Z and Askore like this.
  15. Netreiam

Another way to do a tier list is by going with overall win %.

My attempt at match ups for valk.
    *This is going off of personal experience, if you disagree please point out why.

Warrior: 50%
    I’d rate it in favor of the war but I’ve heard people say valks have the edge. In my personal experience the fight is going to be reliant on grabs and warrior has the better one and his slow severely limits how much a valk can get in in the small window of a cold grab. Either way it’s a battle of attrition.

Berserker: 60%
    I beleive valk has the advantage here because as annoying as chain grabs are they don’t do much damage. In my experience I can almost out-pot them vs zerks with similar gear. On the other hand zerks rarely die in one combo, so they usually can keep poking with AoE to bypass shield and if they bait a hasti rocket jump can buy some time for their heal.

Tamer: 20%
    Honestly this is super generous. I can’t remember the last time I won against a similarly geared tamer. Lemon can say what he wants, I’ve seen tamers 2v1ing even with “broken” skills and win. 1v1 they don’t even have to worry about their 1 combo grab chain of doom leaving them vulnerable not to mention even if you get a CC doggo has a habit of choosing right then to stiff or KD you which can easily cost the fight. I don’t claim to be good, so I leave it at 20% instead of 0 to account for good valks out there. If someone believes that number should be higher, please give some evidence of why.

Sorceress: 80%
    I’ve had some sorcs pull some sick reversals and while they do have damage and I frames, some skills they rely on heavily leave them extremely vulnerable. Once cced it’s pretty much over for them while valk can usually go another round unless they get a standing CC.

Ranger: 70%
    The opposite of sorc. Pretty unsafe but has a grab incredible damage. Valk still has the advantage because lingering SA forces rangers to try and land a cold grab, and if that is avoided the valk is free to pressure until their SA/block chaining runs out.

Ninja: 40%
    Between 2 grabs, decent burst and defense, and high mobility I’d give ninja a slight edge over valk.

Kuno: 50%
    In my experience I’ve found Kunos to be a pretty even match, they have really good burst and their AoEs are good at hitting through shield. Their grab as an extension of their burst also helps them.

Musa: not enough data
    I’d rate it in valks favor but not to an extreme amount. The few musas I’ve fought showed me how easily their moving AoE bypasses shields and their damage seems respectable. That said Musa probably has its stigma for a reason so I’d rate it a positive win rate for valk.

Maehwa: 60%
    No grab but their mobility allows them to pretty consistently sneak hits in through shield. That and sticky snowflake slow helps reduce valk’s capabilities.

Dark Knight: 50%
    Like Maehwa but to a more extreme degree. Not only can they bypass shield with relative ease, they also have tons of moving attacks with SA or guards that make it extremely difficult to land a grab or CC.

Wizard: 40%
    As much as wizard ***** about not being a 1v1 class, the wizards I’ve fought in my guild are no pushovers. The biggest obstacles in this fight are the facts that wizard skills are extremely protective AND the AoE means engaging to pressure them usually means valk loses more health. If you can’t burst them down and used a hasti (an important part of the valk burst combo) they can just stand up and double TP to get a heal off easily. Finally Grab + 100% is at least a good 50-70% HP that is pretty reliable.

Witch: 60%(?)
    Wizard - but no grab. There is more that goes into it but I have fought only a few witches and usually the gear gap is extreme. I guess they feel more protected than wizard?

Striker:50%(?)
    I feel like striker got easier? I remember their grab chain used to be game over for me even when similarly geared. Anyway, none of their strengths are valk's weaknesses so it’s like fighting a zerker with less grabs and more damage.

So on average I'd put valk's win rate is in the high 50% (because musa?)

For a tier list by %s I'd do something like
    +70% God Tier
    70-60% S Tier
    60-55% A Tier
    55-45% B Tier
    -45% C (trash) Tier

#15 Netreiam, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Kyouki and Rasta667 like this.
  16. Alrikmerc

@Netreiam That's a decent breakdown of your experiences. I can see how things would go that way.

I have terrible luck vs valks as a tamer tho. I usually win 2 in a row pretty easily, then struggle at 30% win for the rest of the matches. Though it might be a personal problem, because I suck at landing the post cold grab combo.

17. LethalAF

I wish I was better at my class.. I cant even be gear carried as a ninja.. fml.

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  18. Alrikmerc

Really didn't like your stint as warrior, eh?

19. LethalAF

not at all.

I also did one as striker which admittedly was way better than warrior for me and the kit is supremely more powerful than my ninja but the lack of TET weapons and the though of the cost of pearls is a huge turn off for it.

20. Alrikmerc

Yeah, honestly the real reason I'm okay with playing ninja as an alt with any kind of seriousness is they share the short sword. i probably won't get a dande for it, but I wouldn't mind upgrading the awakened to TRI at least. It's fun to play.