1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Rant][Petition] Sick of 15€ pet

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Eynix, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Eynix

Hey lovable humans (at least some of you, you know who you are),

Rant: ON

So yeah.

I'm at that moment where I'm killing monsters waaayy too fast for my 5 T1 pets to pick it all up. To be able to farm efficiently, I'll have to spent about 50€ per pets to get it to T4. That's about 250€, this is insanity. i already spend 60€ to get those pets in the first place (which is also the amount I spent for the full game on realease btw). Isn't it enought ? You STILL want more ? 25€ costume, 40€ /100 artisan, all this sh*t, still not enought uh ? And don't get me started with the market place : there's never pets for sale and when there are, perl items don't wait 16min so you can't switch quick enought to try to get them. Everything in this game has a price in real money, it's very very annoying.

This is SO frustrating. Renaming to f2p GreedOnline when ?

Rant: OFF

EDIT:
    Ok guys, let's try something. This is now a petition now.
    If you agree with my statement, please specify "I want to sign the petition" or something and I will add your username below :

- Eynix

#1 Eynix, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Ainzell likes this.
  2. Kio

Kio Tsukete Tamer 62 EU

Yes, the game was designed to be good enough to get you playing but irritating enough to make you want to buy things from the pearl shop.

This is how modern games are designed, and why most older gamers miss the cash shop free subscription games of the past.

Just vote with your wallet, progress slower and stop feeding these troll developers

3. Arzurag

I have a t3-kuku and never spend any money on it.^^

Andaro likes this.
  4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

So you want amount of content provided by BDO be Free/10$ ?Go ask "Triple A developers" They'll charge you 10$ for every loading screen and then same amount for season path, and week after they realize DLC for same amount of price and month after Game#2 where they repeat same strategy to Game#3 and this go on. Why don't you call then GreedOnline? How much COD/BF/AC you have bought ?Paying for same game with different number 60$ for a ~week of game play is ok ?But pay 200$ for BDO not ?

5. Eynix

How is that relevant tho ? Fyi, no I don't play COD/BF (Im more of a CS guy) and I have like 2 AC (1 and 3 I think). Also what does this have to do with anything ??? Even the amount of money you're proposing is fallacius : we're talking about A LOT MORE than 200€. And for what ?

I can't believe people are thinking like this nowadays, it's so cringy to me.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  6. Rayin

Cut the craps, some of us pre-ordered the game for more, paid 30 or 50 euro and paid other stuffs, yet the game kept being demanding, its quality is only deteriorating and the contents are crippled on purpose to be gated by Cash Shop solutions.

There are games like ESO that despite their poor combat offer much more and with an honest form of payment. There are also free games that do better than BDO in many aspects and cash shop wise are less invasive.
    The only thing that this game has is the combat, whose physics is anyway disgusting unless you play newly released classes, rest can sùck their own weapons since if you jump from a rock 20cm tall you're going to rubberband to death.

Ow + Combat, nothing else is worth in BDO, not even the supreme graphic that they keep pumping despite other relevant issues should have the priority.

7. 6footgeeks

$15 pets would be completely cool if there wasnt any RNG involved getting T4. just 4 pets

each buyer paying 300 quid just for pets

but no, pay 15 bucks for an RNG chance to get a higher tier each step.

meh

SnakeAttack likes this.
  8. AtomicPotato

BDO "Weapon racing game", who have biggest weapon that are winner. Pets are speeding up that race- if you want to speed it up, you have to pay.
    I can't believe people nowadays come to 20+ years old genre that have established business model and complain about it not being FREE. Do you work for free ? Pets are DLC you don't need to buy them.

9. Eynix

And don't you think there's numbers between FREE and THOUSAND OF DOLLARS, you beautiful human being with a completely fine and usable brain? Do you realize that the amount of money you're talking about can LITTERALY feed someone for month?

SnakeAttack likes this.
  10. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Why T4 and not T3 ?
    i don't get your point , go grind gyfins there your pets won't fall behind ...

11. Mimimimi

purest whataboutism.

don't waste your money on pets. unless you spend horrendous amounts of money in this game you won't be able to play it "efficiently". i have spent a little over 200€ in a year on the game (the first f2p game that got me to spend money so far), and it feels way too expensive for what it's offering. i had fun doing it, but for the most part regret having spent it now. quality of the game is going down, even more pay2win is getting introduced over time. it would be most efficient to buy all the cash shop stuffs right at the start, but if you lose interest, the spent money is just holding you hostage. without spending money every hour in the game is just so much less efficient and that just feels bad for me.

Maybe you want to check out this thread too: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/loot-box-laws-and-bdo.299270/

12. AtomicPotato

And where is problem ? No one force you to buy anything.

Lecker_Mettbrot likes this.
  13. Mimimimi

may i know where i am begging anyone? i've pointed out their practices and how they aren't enjoyable for me. i'm sure they are in a good place as long sheeps keep defending that. i don't expect anything to change about bdo, except for its player numbers to go down even further.

14. AtomicPotato

You aware that BDO not a first game in genre right ? (Its is actually last one, that's why its "successful" nowhere to leave). All MMORPG games, when they drop subscription business model (because "Freemium" gives more profit) start to charge for speeding up you progress- this is how they work. No one ask you to pay full price at once at all. You can spend 10-20$ in a month ( not buying VP's) and you end up with "Full game" in ~ year. And everyone happy at this point - publisher have stable income, player not forced to pay a lot.
    And here come "pro esport players SlimDaddy69" they want to competing with old player and hit paywall - developer protect its loyal players. And they start to complain about hight prices and beg for free stuff. MMORPG not a game for "beating it" in 1 week/month, not if you not ready to pay.

15. Khondo

Remember the game is about a company making money, if you enjoy playing the game...support it. The game is F2P, just not free to enjoy.

AtomicPotato likes this.
  16. Mimimimi

i am aware of that, i have played many f2p games before. i am very curious about why bdo will be the last "game in genre", please elaborate^^ bdo is successful because its the last of its kind, or is it the last of its kind because it's successful? i would find both arguments ridiculous.

*looks at bdo* *looks at 120 to 240$* *starts laughing about your argument*

try lecturing somebody else, i am a lost cause :V

17. AtomicPotato

There is no other MMORPG on the market come out after BDO that have something better then BDO , not graphically not mechanically, people tend to not going back from there they come to BDO, and there won't be any other game in a nearest future ( you can start eat this big pile of sht you gonna eat anyway after "Ashes of Scamaz" coming out, same as you done with Bless).
    120-240$ is more then enough for full game, if you buying VP's and Artisan's its you and only you decision's.If you think that game should cost 10$ and give you everything for Free - why do you ask for salary every week ? Should you boss pay you 10$ and you work until you die ( how long people can survive on 10$?)

18. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

There is one other option which is rarely discussed, simply grind in an area where your kill rate matches your pets pickup rates. That is what i do and so far so good.