1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBF Should Have Equalized Gear + Player Brackets = Skill-Based/Longer Fights/Fun Competition

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, Oct 2, 2019.

?

Do you think RBF should be more equalized to evolve towards a skill-based mode?

1. YES, I think it'll be more enjoyable and rewarding!

2. NO / MAYBE (please state your reason below in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yo, Happy Wednesday! Let's have a chat.

I think they should redo RBF entirely in terms of how players compete against one another.
    This is something I've been wanting for a long time as I think it'll benefit the RBF game mode better this way.
    • Equalize Gear - Player gear should be potentially more equalized in this game mode. Here's why,
    • Allows players to fight/defend purely based on skill instead of gear (Skill > Gear)
    • Potentially add player brackets - Bracket player's by gear?
    • May cut-back on shorter fights and unsatisfying player v player engagement (one-shot methods)
    • Encourages longer, more enjoyable fights
    • Grow a more competitive environment, potentially populate the mode more with more participants.
    • Point system: should remain, as it gives an objective instead of just fighting to fight
    • Rewards: should remain, maybe increase rewards or provide a variety of rewards other than silver
    • Etc.
    • If not any of above FOR RBF. What about completely making a new game mode with same features?
    :DLet's also keep in mind that all classes have advantages/disadvantages to one another. I am curious to see if a change such as this would assist in less incredibly short fights and make it more long lasting, more enjoyable for all of us.

(Example) Dragon Nest Online - PVP Game Mode:
    DN battle arena mode was balanced to a certain degree to where you were teamed against opponents near your power level/gear score.
    It required more skill than it did gear itself - it's more equalized in the arena.
    This game isn't open world but their pvp was one of the best pvp I've experienced because of how fun it was, very skill based and as much as I hated it you could bounce your opponents off the walls and combo them. Dungeon Fighter Online was another fav of mine too.
    -----
    Conclusion:
    I think a lot of people forget too that end-game progression/gearing will always be a challenge in any game. It's not easy and the gap can be huge.
    Gear usually favors but funny enough I've seen people who have gear get blown up by lower GS players in this game and other games simply because of lack of skill or for whatever reason(s) they want to use as an excuse towards their loss lol.
    We need more skill-based modes. It makes things more interesting!
    Setting aside the lovely open world we have here in BDO, I am only referring to RBF specifically. I think a change is overdue.
    I think a lot of people have great ideas but it feels like a lot are overlooked because it's not what the developers want...things take time to go over and create, sometimes it's honored, sometimes not. Who knows what we're in for, I just hope things always continue to consistently improve for the game.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Agree/Disagree, either is fine but it'd be great if you state your reasons for your choice.

#1 DafuqYouLookinAt, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. DafuqYouLookinAt

3. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

equalized gear and more pvp game modes would be amazing

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.