1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Re-rolling" - Off-hand, accessory advice

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by HoshPak, Dec 19, 2017.

1. HoshPak

HoshPak Berserker 61 EU

Hey, I got hooked on the idea of playing Tamer. I am not exactly planning to re-roll from my main but rather just switching gear back and forth. I am usually playing Berserker... that's an odd decision, I know... xD

My current gear:
    • Full Boss set (not quite ready yet)
    • 2x TRI RCE
    • 2x DUO Crescent
    • PRI Basilisk
    • PRI Laytenn
    Is it fine the way it is? I know some Tamers are also using Sicil + Centaur for the evasion. Should I go down the road assuming I will spend quite some time into the class? Also Off-hands, which one are popular for PvE/PvP?

Blessing likes this.
  2. rximmortal

Get Kutum (PvE/PvP) , Nouver and Incense ( Only PvP ).
    Get all boss items on TET ( including kzarka and dandelion )
    Get all accesoaries on TRI.
    Stick with AP don't go for DP build.

#2 rximmortal, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Blessing likes this.
  3. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

Kutum is popular PvE. Needle, Incense and Rosar are all good PvP. Honestly most people will tell you Needle for the AP since you have 2x TRI RCE already for accuracy. Incense is a good switch for killing evasion heavy targets. I only include Rosar because if you like the defense on Kutum, the special attack damage on an ultimate green makes your actual damage better than kutum with much better evasion and slightly less DR.

Though that's a personal thing. As rximmortal said, most go all offense and rely on making good plays to stay alive.

4. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

needle is absolutely horrible and your pet can't even crit on the stronger attacks

if you see a tamer using needle you can be sure he's complete garbage straight away and at best needle players just try to cheese people with high pet damage in 1v1 (and occasionally succeed due to how bdo is and due to desync or pet rng going their way - cus pet doesnt always land attacks), needle outside of 1v1 is even worse and in 1v1 its nothing more than cheese, nouver offers way more survivability and even more pet damage cause it has 2nd gem and more ap and that's way better than 1 special attack for your pet

ur gear is bad to do pvp so you should get kutum cus you should be doing pve for a long time before being pvp ready, then you can either try to come up with your own build either just keep what you already have

accuracy/ap builds are for more girl damage than pet damage while full ap are more pet oriented damage but id say this is mostly good just for 1v1 and even in there it's not that reliable, outside of 1v1 your pet's attacks often miss or the pet gets cced and the ai doesnt behave the same way it does when only 1 person is agro at you

also defense on tamer is worthless, if you wanna make defensive items just reroll to another class that has a buff or a passive to amplify your gear and most other classes actually have more dmg in protection so it makes more sense on them, at best you can get some DR if you dont sacrifice too much for it

Skeria and rximmortal like this.
  5. HoshPak

HoshPak Berserker 61 EU

Thanks for the input, guys.

Yes, defense accessories make little sense here. I see that too now. So there is nothing to do besides upgrading what I already have.

Regarding off-hands I will have plenty of time to think about what to get. Until that char hits 60, going on Kutum is probably the safest bet but I don't know quite yet. Maybe I skip it and go for Nouver right away. If defense is as much of a joke as you say I won't bother making both boss off-hands for an alt-char.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You should be able to snag a nouver from the market, no one seems to want them and I see them listed all the time (on NA if that's where you are.)