1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Free to Play

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

So according to your logic, because one item has no free alternative, all the items have no alternative or what's even your point ?

At this point it feels you're just arguing for the sake of it.

2. Findubar

According to the definition in the dictionary. But who cares amirite?
    My friend you got educated in the last 3 pages on this thread.
    I am not interested in playing this game as it is now. I have zero interest in afk mechanics. I have zero interest to compete in a p2w game. I have zero interest in rng mechanics. I have zero interest to run in circles.
    And i could adapt to all those flaws. But why?! I don't need bdo as a job.

#342 Findubar, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and RIPTOR like this.
  3. WinterMilla

"I always enjoy being challenged about adaptability by people admitting they have managed to find zero gameplay alternatives to the cash shop in BDO." You said you could find an alternative to the Pearl shop, so I point out an item that directly effects game play and asked you to find a way around it with no money.

You haven't made a decent point yet

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Do you even understand what you quote or do you pay any attention to what's being discussed ?

Your friend claimed there is no alternative at all and I never claimed all items have an alternative.

Then you show up with an exception and act as if the previous sentence never happened.

But keep judging the quality of my input instead of producing anything logic or relevant lol, you clearly impress everyone.

#344 Smileybones, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
  5. WinterMilla

I gave a logical argument with proof and all you can do is just ignore it and claim some rando definition. Then when I point out what your talking about is right there in your face plain as day you say you cant see it. Value packs are sub fees

6. Allan1985

That's 18*16 = 288 space

yeah ofc, because if i grind in aakman i will use the grana storage to get store my stuff, very logical argument indeed...*facepalm*

Can Tera compete with that amount of space?

Tera doesnt even need to compete, the state TERA is already great, its publicised as a free 2 play game and it acts as a free to play game, as simple as that.

and that goes without mentioning that if you buy a bank storage expansion in TERA to have your stuff more organized you literally pay 10$ for it ONCE and you get twice the original ammount of bank slots, in here you pay 2.25$ per 8 slots per town

but hey i am not trying to persuade you its just about calling things for what they are, if you feel its ok to pay extra for content that should have been included in the game from the very beginning thats great, i am simply saying BDO is not a free to play game because it doesnt behave as a free 2 play game, rather is a multi bussines model game.

#346 Allan1985, Jul 25, 2019
  7. Findubar

I have never claimed that there are no alternatives nor that i care about them. That was all you.
    If you want my justification as to why read my above post.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Sigh I didn't ignore your point I stated it's an exception that doesn't change the fact that most cash shop items have a free alternative, despite your friend not being able to figure any of them.

#348 Smileybones, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
  9. RIPTOR

tons of money/crons for sell pearl items, less tax, more weigth and slots = more time grinding or doing afk life skills, more slots for workers, maids to move weigth or trade from anyplace, scrolls to change gear that you can buy for another character at PEN and transform that gear to your class, more exp and retarded life skills reduced times, pets to raise more easy to tier 4 and dont loss hard time looting the grinds.... villa campsite.... yes the game have tons of ways to get a REAL advantadge trought your money over the no paying players,so... in pekin and here thats is p2w

Edit: oh i forgot the artisans..... well the artisans can be purshased by just 400 loyalties so is not pay to win advantadge... right ? xD

#349 RIPTOR, Jul 25, 2019
  10. WinterMilla

OH yea i keep forgetting about the gear reroll coupons

RIPTOR likes this.
  11. Findubar

@Smileybones k my smiley friend i'm back! To continue my explanation; i don't want any alternatives from YOU or any other bandaid from the playerbase since they will most likely contradict my interests. What i want are developer implemented systems that change the existing ones and make the alternatives viable and transparent.

12. Lord_Xenon

Thanks by that very definition it isn't a subscription!
    1. You don't pay it regularly.
    2. You don't buy it for a timeframe/until cancelled
    3. You can trade it, what is not doable with the content of a subscription.

You buy an item and can do with it what you want anytime. It's a booster/premium thing, not subscription. And when you come with the excuse of 'paying regularly'. No you don't. You don't pay day 1, then day 31 etc. You don't pay for a timeframe(1 month/year etc.) You buy an item you can use or not, whenever if ever you want. Or do you call it a subscription when I buy icecream day for day everyday? No.

You can transport it to Grana. Facepalm yourself? Just use your brain???

You compare it to Tera, so now you refuse to say if it offers the same? Strange logic.

Now you only advertise the cash shop with the buy of space? What is with the free way? Every 5 days 1-3 slots more! For exactly 0 money! Hell how can they do that?! Do Tera offer the same? YOu can get it via ingame means(no trade of moneyitems)???

Fateneko and Khondo like this.
  13. WinterMilla

What? Your adding things to the definition again. Its akin to renting something, you don't have to do it Day 1.
    1) You pay every 30 days or 90 days, its a product that you "rent" for a certain amount of time and lose access to when you don't renew the subscription.
    2) Offering a cancellation isn't apart of the definition at all. That something they can choose to give or not, kinda like every store doesn't offer refunds.
    3) Many games allow you to trade subscriptions or players trade in game items for gifted subs, again this has nothing to do with the definition.

14. Lord_Xenon

I don't add things. It's clearly described:

a fee that you pay regularly to belong to or support an organization

The first is total BS. You don't pay every time. Else I would have been charged for 200+ days. YOU CHOSE to buy.
    You DON'T rent it. It's a booster item and not a subscription.
    I would like to know what you talk about with 3) because it don't make sense at all.

15. WinterMilla

View attachment 168968
    that's the literal definition of subscription. What you are referring to is the "participate" something for a advance payment, however this doesn't rule out the receive part of the definition.

Now lets use your definition. "a fee that you pay regularly to belong to or support an organization"
    When you buy a Value pack don't you support the organization? Do you not need to re-buy the pack after the time runs out? Do you not chose if you want to buy it or not?

Booster packs and Subscriptions are not the same thing. A booster pack usually gives the player XP bonuses and maybe starter gear and such. Its a one time up front cost that gives and item, but of course you can buy it again. (Finding a definition for "Boost Packs" is rather hard as its not an official word in English, rather its more like gamer terminology. However this is more or less the most common result you find when looking up "booster" and "Booster pack").

While subbing to something might get you an exp boost, its not the same as just buying an booster back. When you buy a subscription, it will allow you to access or receive something as long as its within a certain time frame. In a shorter sense renting something. What the value-pack allows you to rent is:
    • Inventory Expansion 16 slots
    • Storage Expansion 16 slots
    • Combat/Skill/Life/Horse EXP +10%
    • Distant Node Investment (Consumes 10 Energy)
    • Max Weight Limit +100LT
    • 30% bonus to the Marketplace sales collection amount
    • Unlimited use of the Merv's Palette
    • Unlimited Beauty Salon
    When your "rental" time runs out you will have the choice of buying it again, buying a perm version, or going without. Its a reoccurring for a certain amount that must be paid in advance. What makes this different from a booster pack is the fact this is a service offered by the game, which goes with the definition provided above. Now you might be wondering why I keep using rental to describe subscription, and the answer is:

Rent
    verb
    1. 1.
      pay someone for the use of (something, typically property, land, or a car)
    Subscription
    noun

1. 1.
      the action of making or agreeing to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in something.
    Sounds pretty much the same in this situation right? That don't mean the same thing but they both can exist in the same situation, even strange your can rent a subscription that contains a booster pack.

Attached Files:

Findubar likes this.
  16. Seilla

No my friend. You forgot the most important one and which is rigged to hell. Talk to every horse breeder and ask them how many t8 courser they raised.

I leveled over 20 T8s and none of them was courser without spending money on it. And trust me, the S Skills are hella expensive. And there is no loyalty, quest or whatever option to reroll your skills or make your female horse breeding 2 times.

This game mechanic is pure pay2win.

And of course soon will appear a smart brain in here and claim that you can buy a courser in the horse market.....

17. WinterMilla

Inb4 they say its pay4convenice or that you just want free things.

18. Seilla

ROFL. Yeah or you should probably ride more horses for the next year in the hope of getting a courser to awake a t9.

No way, you can't do anything while riding horses, just your workers collect stuff on nodes. You can't grind money, you can't do alchemy, no way to cook. It is a crazy loss of money, because a t8 needs like 4-5 full days to be level 30 with venia outfit (p2win) and +4 clothes. And in the end, it won't be a courser anyway.

And yeah I can tell you the price for my first courser too. T8 had 15 skills, was missing S:Insta and S:Sideways. 200 Euro later of coupons (almost thought about to buy a real horse), my courser was ready.

19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Unless you ding precisely when you come back or wake up at night to swap horses, you're probably losing a good part of your 'advantage'.

Either way, it surely looks like a purchase for smart winners.

20. Lord_Xenon

When you look at the subscription examples, none show that you can have it when you want it. You must use the subscription right away. That is not the case for this.
    Second the advantages are boosting things up. You can argue with that especially with the last two things as they are a service, but then the thing can fall under premium feature. Booster run out of time(or charge in some cases) so it's natural to want them 100% upkeep. Doesn't make them a subscription. The recurring cost is a mind thing, but not the case of this as you can buy and use when you want it instead of the agreement.
    Your rent example show this exactly why it's not. When I rent something I have to say when and for how long. But this item can sit in the inventory forever and never be used. But the price is already paid. That makes no sense for a rental item, which normally go back to the owner independent if it was ever used.