1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Free to Play

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Valestris

and then come back and reply with they are like brain surgeons or CEO of blizzard or some **** lmfao it's always so predictable and hilarious too

Wodahs likes this.
  2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

That's where game companies marketing teams are smart: they are perfectly aware that many customers will give up when anything is not easy and will throw money at their problems. Inother words, many nowadays gamers are incompetent or impatient and they know it.

But you you are wrong, there are not some alternatives there are alternatives to most cash shop items, and for the examples you take:

- you don't need max weight except in some specific scenario (overnight afk, but you can overnight fish instead just fine),
    - you don't need max storage unless you're terrible at managing your assets,
    - value pack is avalable at the marketplace for free,
    - valk advise you get plenty for free for casual enhencing needs and you can get more for free at the market.

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

It is not a requirement to spend your own real money but it is definitely required for any real enjoyment of the game to actually have quite a lot of these pay for convenience items.

You are so wrong. I do not have a Ferrari and do not give a **** if people can drive faster than me. I do not have a large mansion either but I do not give a **** if other people do. I do however dislike pay to win in the games that I play and that has nothing to do with whether I can afford or not afford these items. I dislike it because it is just a terrible way to make a game.
    I have spent money on this game and will continue to do so if I feel like it but I have not bought the ghillie the tent or any kama or xp scrolls. I bought some pets and a shark suit so I could do underwater gathering for my epheria sailboat. I did so even though I hate the fact that I was virtually forced to do so because the swimming is so terrible by design to make you spend.

#43 Phoenixxx75, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    Smileybones likes this.
  4. Stabby

When have you paid for DLC? The other stuff... last I checked Pearl Abyss was a business and not a charity. Perhaps you should go play Farmville on Facebook if you cannot afford to play BDO.

#44 Stabby, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 61 NA

The game is not p2w though hahaha

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Hmm..Whats the furthest the both of you guys managed to make it in alter of blood?

The both of you guys seem like the type that perhaps never beat a game, perhaps still have Mario 64 sitting in their room somewhere awaiting completion?

Nothing wrong with this..But understand peoples complaints when they state valid reasons they believe artificial difficulty is introduced, that requires payment..and dodging it, is not a fun mechanic...This "surprise mechanic" built into games is BS, and is getting old. Freetoplay, ptw, ptconvenience, all of these shells pretending to be games meant to hide these profit mechanisms suck...Its time we demand better for our dollars spent.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. TwilightAngel

lol........... People need to learn the difference in Pay to convenience and Pay to Win

Are a lot of items on that borderline........well yes, but you are not able to buy direct power from the cash shop. Last I look I can not buy the best everything from the shop itself.

Now the only argument I see that can hold a candle is selling the costumes for silver and buying the gear from the CM if it's available, however I see this still a more Pay for convenience since you can farm the silver yourself easily just takes longer

#47 TwilightAngel, Jul 15, 2019
    Fateneko and Chaos Ronin like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Heh, its pretty funny that BDO is the least ptw mainstream MMO out now, yet the level of tolerance and bar for standard are so low now...That BDO, IS the one of the least ptw mmo out now.

Your definition of PTW equals any MMO that you Pay to boost.

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

You talk as if standard wasn't defined by old school gamers 20 years ago and millenials redefined it because they are triggered as soon as real money is involved regardless of context.

Also please remember the first dogma of the p2w religion club: no one questions the p2w religion club.

10. Auxey

The game is literally buy to play.

Urgh, another pay to win apologist. Pay to convenience, pay to not grind, pay to progress faster, lmao, your coping mechanisms are strong bro, but it's time to face that p2w is a thing in BDO.
    Next time please tell me that all these shitty cacha mobile games are also not p2w because you can grind for years so technically technically technically its CoNvEnIeNcE.

#50 Auxey, Jul 15, 2019
    f8Xtractor and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  11. Allan1985

you opinion is correct, but what you fail to see is that the content you have the "choice" of buying should be already included in the game, imagine going to a burger place, ordering the best burger on the menu and getting only the bread and the meat, but hey you can choose to pay extra for the rest of the ingredients that should have been there from the begining!!!

12. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Oh i dont think that im wrong.
    Wtf is this example? Thats not what you have to do in bdo. You can do every content without paying.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Valestris like this.
  13. Mimimimi

you are suggesting massive inflation. dunno if you're joking or for real with this suggestion, but here is why we have a tax. the market tax is a necessary evil to keep the economy balanced. the masses of silver generated need ways to exist the money circulation eventually. market tax may not be the only system to battle inflation, but it's a big part of it.

btw, you switched your topic as well from a p2w discussion to removing the market tax *shrug*

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  14. Allan1985

- A game cant run for free. PA have profited over a billion dollars since BDO release, that goes without even considering that the mobile version of the game is being 4x more profitable than the pc version and the xbox version (and they just announced the ps4 version release), so please stop treating them as if they are indie developers, they are a multi international billionare company.

- You cant say p2w since there is nothing to win in this game. i could create a new account right now and go full PEN in like 2 months if i was willing to spend enough money but yeah no p2w ROFL

- You can save tons of life time (wich is quite useful?) Well this is rather a "game chose": i dont understand this part

- Video games are always time wasting no matter what you do. what does that have to be with f2p bussiness models tho?? (or anything at all)

- Its up to you how you want to waste your time. once again, and i am not trying to be rude but the hell does that have to do with the topic at hand??

- At the end you dont even to do pvp in this game. for what? Enjoyment? Uff its gona be long way for you boi. But this is why you playing it. did you google translate mate?

- Next would be about RNG but i am to tried to go even deeper to this. Up to you if you like it or not. Overall this point cant be skiped or shorten. We all know why so you make a statement about a topic you dont want to talk about...mkay?

At the end it dont matter if this game is free to play or not. I wont run for free, so dev and publisher got some nice ideas for paying models wich will be the future of mmorpgs well thats cool and everything but i wont see that, simply because i am not stypid enough as to make the same mistake twice.

Enjoy it for what you pay or not. enjoyment and critisism are not excludent of eachother

15. Ischara/Nerthu

i love these ppl. i will a free to play game. bud i will every week a update, new content, lagfree servers, new classes and and and and. bud ofc i will not pay for that.
    we all have pay more or less for this game. if i look how may i have pay for the time in bdo and look how much i got in the ego shooters, bdo i a alot cheaper. there will be never a game that you can play for free. someone have invest a lot of work and money for the game that need to pay pack. no one of us work for free. why they should?

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  16. Allan1985

you switched your topic as well from a p2w discussion to removing the market tax *shrug*

mmmm no? read the title of the post

you are suggesting massive inflation, rly?? inflation?? xD

the market tax is a necessary evil to keep the economy balanced holy. mother. of god.

mate, sorry dont count with me to debate that, you just grabbed an economy book or something and you are trying to apply that to a potato, simply not how it works but w/e

17. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

You *can* play without buying pearls... I do it. My main gripe is when content/mechanics are introduced specifically to drive sales, which is generally the theme.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Mimimimi

it's funny how you are complaining to other people how they personally attack you instead of providing something to the discussion. yet you write replies like this. pathetic.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  19. Allan1985

i was referring to stuff like:

inventory space
    bank space
    weight
    etc

just as any burger has basic ingreedients that you hope to find in every burger you order, games has basic features you expect it to have once you get them.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

It doesnt make sense. You paid for bdo. You got bdo. Everything else are just extras.