1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Free to Play

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Allan1985

srry if you found anything i said offensive, that was indeed not intended. my opinion is simply way to different so discussing it would probably be long... very long and i dont see us converging in a shared vision in the end, maybe we can leave this one conversation for a nother time?

edit: i will hit you up later today or tomorrow and we can talk about inflaton in this same thread if you still want

i paid for what was publisited as a free 2 play game, and got a slashed into DLCs game, as i mentioned in the analogy just the bread and meat, if the game had been upfront about its actual content when publisiting it i would have no arguments to complain

#61 Allan1985, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
  2. Seilla

You can melt straight costumes into crons to protect all of your pen attempts, yet people here talking about pay2convience.

This community is beyond delusional....

3. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

I wish they’d give the player base the option to open a private shop. This way we could sell all the salt we have and buy full tet accessories

4. fenzz

This thread is hilarious please continue..

Ѧ| Chaotic, Valestris and Maginha like this.
  5. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

And companies like Kakao and PA can thank you for showing that, without any doubt, many problems can be avoided if you simply allow players to sell cash shop items through market.
    "I personally didn't pay for this value pack, so this advantage is free"... But this reasoning completely forgets the fact that someone still has to pay. For sure, BDO is less impacted by this hypocrisy than Archeage for example (where a core feature like the housing was hidden behind the subscription) but the reasoning is the same.

As I already talked about it with a guild mate on Archeage back in the day, I know this may end in an endless and useless discussion but still... One undeniable truth remains...

Someone
    Has
    To
    Pay
    For
    It

Phoenixxx75 and KhaosThanathan like this.
  6. Myntiix

Dude what the **** are you talking? There are no dlcs you buy the game you can do everything. And what do you knlw about publishing lol? You are here since 2018 you have nothing to say about how it WAS publisted or anything. No big changes since 2018 to pearl stuff.

Ѧ| Chaotic and Valestris like this.
  7. zeezero

It's like this. It's really nice that people have anecdotes about mighty champions who have paid nothing more than the base price of the game.
    But those people are playing the most crippled version of the game possible.
    They are suffering through intentional gameplay mechanics designed to annoy you. 30% less silver for everything they sell, 16 slots inventory at every town, 200 less weight etc...
    They might be lucky and have a few pets from MP. Highly doubtful they are running t3/t4s.

The game is designed to kinda suck until you have spent a certain amount of money.

I don't like playing games that kinda suck. Anyone who says you can play the game for free is wrong. You and I are playing 2 different games and mine is objectively better. But I had to pay for that.

Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  8. Allan1985

Dude what the **** are you talking?

do i have to answer the same question you did in your first post again?

There are no dlcs you buy the game you can do everything

dude i can share my view of things with you but i cannot make you to open your eyes to a reality you are forcing yourself to ignore

And what do you knlw about publishing lol?

do i need a degree in publishing to have an fundamented opinion? ....mmmmmmkay?

You are here since 2018 you have nothing to say about how it WAS publisted or anything

just as you said i have nothing to say about that, simply because publishing a game and developing a game are not the same thing?? nor they are done by the same people in most cases?? you ask me to have a publishing experience while at the same time you manage to confuse a game structure characteristic of a developer's bussiness model with a publisher's job???

9. Allan1985

an interested video, not quite the same situation as we have since we didnt pay 60$ for the game but PA uses the same marketing strategies as several other game developers:

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  10. KhaosThanathan

Well, the game is obviously a mixture of F2P- (and thus heavily leans on P2W-), B2P- (the game wasn't just 5 bucks upon release) and P2P-/subscription-mechanics. Nearly every sane person agrees on that - Lazy Peon even made a video about that. I have no clue why people are arguing about the obvious.

On the other hand though: Where do you play that you get pets and VPs off the Central Market? In my region, you can pretty much give up on that "option" since there's basically no supply whatsoever, meaning people are forced to buy that stuff with pearls. The only thing you ever are really able to buy off the CM are Premium (and in most cases Premium only) Costume Sets since these have the best silver/pearl quota.

Silent84, Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  11. Lord_Xenon

Between crippled and restriction is a huge difference. Maybe some seek the challenge by those restrictions?

General: I doubt there is any F2P game that isn't P2W by the watered down version of its meaning(pay to gain advantage vs. gain the only advantage). Time is a resource. Some can be the patient and go their way up while other seem not.
    I don't support some things, but hell I can't have it when there is so much BS around with 'P2W' just because someone spending 1€ got the same sword 5 mins earlier.

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

1-60 is 3 hours of afk, tops.

XLucaX likes this.
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Dude joined the forum in 2018, you have no knowledge of when he started playing the game.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Many people paid more than sixty dollars for the game at release. The base game is now 10 dollars but it was much higher when it first came out. I believe the base was around thirty and there were two other packs at around fifty and 100 dollars.

Allan1985 likes this.
  15. Allan1985

thnx for the info i wasnt aware

16. Columba

you were the one who switched topics, bringing in homeless people.

17. Icywave

Every top player utilizes pearl shop items because it gates you behind efficient return for your time. Maybe when you actually get to attempting PEN armor/weapons you'll understand how much crons make a difference in terms of time saved. No brainer stuff here for end game players lol. The reality is, do you get those outfit --> Cron conversions outside of someone else buying them for you , actually in the game itself? No , you don't. So stop trying to justify end game as if you're actually there, because you're clearly not.

It's simple logic and you using political buzzwords doesn't mean anything in a forum thread where you're literally telling people to leech off of people who actually spend money from working IRL inside the game. If anybody is the person getting "handouts" on other people's IRL time, it's you.

18. Allan1985

its called analogy, ever heard of it?

19. woots

Nope, upon actual release back in 2016 ( yup there is 3years ago, and you could buy it in fall 2015 ) it was 30 bucks ( well 29.99 because psychological price ) the minimum price, then you had a 60$ pack thing with more "in game bonus" and the ultimate mega fan pack at 100$

thoses guys totaly sold their game at "classic" B2P game pricing, it was absolutely not just the tiny entrance fee ( and ofc i dont even speak about all their BS like : we cut all p2w, our version will be different because B2P blahblahblah. )

But sure, they lowered a lot the entrance fee since then, because you know, mega p2w came out, so also did a lot: get that level and you will get your entrance ticket for free ( the super twist around the actual real F2P but to not look like its going F2P and not enrage the community )

#79 woots, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I totally agree. I have over 2 years of VPs all from MP. I have been playing since beta and have spent less than $200 over that period of time (lvl 61 full tet wiz and same on Archer) everything bought from MP not spending a dime on Pearl shop for enchancing. This is the issue. These kids jump in the game and see all the weapons and gear and cosmetics etc. They haven't even reach lvl 50 and they are already craving all that end game stuff without putting in any work into it. They want to rush to the finish line without any effort whatsoever. So now, they see that you can actually advance that fast by taking the "credi cardu " short cut. Now, when they see is fast but not cheap, they make post like that of the OP. Blame it all on PA Kakao becasuei have no sense of responsibility and my dads credit card is always ready to be swipped. They also want zero responsibility for all of these. Its quite fantastic really. This behavior also creates the toxicity we see in game chats and while grinding.