1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real PVP content wheeeeeeen?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kripion, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Kripion

So we have manos sytem
    we have few end game (braindead) grind spots
    we have 1 rbf map since game launch
    we have node wars that lost its purpose long time ago (payouts wise)

We have some badly implemented group content such as AOB, nice on paper but useless cus of its repeatability and lack of even mediocre ingame currency income.
    We had funny mode as Shadow Arena but PA messed it up, couldnt handle hackers and now they rereleasing it as separated game...

BUT WHERE IS REAL END GAME PVP CONTENT?
    Is it sooooooooooooo hard to make a few RBF maps, update matching up scripts, add team deatchmatch mode as well as premade team scrip, add some personal ranking points and give players good silver income adjusted to Player GS and personal ranking points? Players would be rewarded for pvp effors, effort of gearing and at the same time they would have NOT SO BORING alternative to grinding/lifeskilling income wise...

I cant help myself to think that PA cant balance pvp, dont want to implement sth good and instead they release it as a separate games : SA, Crimson Desert...

Im not going to pay for any o those new games (parts of BDO), and until they show that they care about BDO too I wont support them...

#1 Kripion, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:27 PM
    Life2v likes this.
  2. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 62 EU

This.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch 61 NA

Never, PvP in MMOs are a big fat fail with the new MMO teams currently making MMOs. Not a single one of them continues to develop their PvP. All of them completely put their MMO's PvP scenes on life support, until it completely dies.

Sorry to tell you. If you want decent PvP in this day and age. You are going to have to look outside of the MMO genre. Because all of the MMO developer teams completely stop developing their MMOs PvP.

Wodahs likes this.
  4. Dexo 2

Dont expect anything good to come out in bdo anymore, all their money and efforts goes to new game since 2018 no wonder the game had insane decline since then and massive p2w additions, they just wanted to milk players before their new mmorpg

LiquidEmotion, Life2v and Thranduil like this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Pretty sure ESO improved their PVP but it's not like you play it anyway so you wouldn't know.

Assilma likes this.
  6. Ashenvall

7. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch 61 NA

I used to play ESO PvP everyday. ESO PvP used to be good before ZOS gave up on it. I still time to time play ESO PvP with my PvP guild. But the performance issues of the ESO servers make PvP non-viable atm. And continuously gets worst and worst as time progresses.

Server performance in PvP has never been worst. Even tho the game is more balanced skill-wise right now. PvP is nearly unplayable because of server performance. And I game with a 3.2 GHz Quadcore I7 CPU with 16 GB of Dedicated Video RAM GPU. True I play with 92 Addons but still I should not be experience such issues. Server performance is worst in ESO now, than it is in the Star Citizen's Alpha. Which is super sad!

Columba and HighAsAKite like this.
  8. rSick

Don't forget the broken BG Que. Works ok for a few hours during the day. But after that...RIP and if you manage to enter BG after 40min by some miracle, you get the chance to enter in a match that won't start and have leave it anyway.

9. Hajiarux

Pvp is broken some classes deal tons of damage with one skill while others are nerfed to the ground it's all about ap not skills the only thing BDO is offering melt costumes get your Ap and keep running circles on twitch showing off and they said that Bdo is outdated they working on another game crimson desert. XD

10. RIPTOR

we have tons of PvP hardcore content; you just need a good axe some manos gear or not and make your best try on that Plaver vs Pine endgame content

11. MechGorak

just wait for crimson desert, bet they will have all that we wished for and wanted in our current desert. pvp balance, no fps or desync shenanigans, proper group pvp and pve content. PA had a testing ground for years with BDO and lots of money inflow, now it's time to move from this beta version to the real thing D:<

T800 likes this.
  12. T800

This makes a lot of sense. I got the same impression after Crimson Desert Online announcement.

3 Faction PvP, will probably be hard core with out Karma system,

13. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 62 EU

Wow, you helped me to remember ESO lag. Thank you. Genuinely eye-wateringly funny times, like everybody in cyrodiil trying to flip the flags on the last emp keep and the entire server literally collapsing into an unplayable mess while everyone spammed impulse or steel tornado or whatever it was back in the day, waiting 1 hour for the server to decide to work ^^ ♥

Don't get me wrong though, I had an absolute blast in ESO. Would love to play still, but can't go back after BDO.

Columba likes this.
  14. Factorial

Game.

15. Deyric

Wrong, that is the culprit. You've got ridiculous resource heavy addons, or broken ones that aren't updated right eating resources. And you've got too many for your system to have to check.

16. LightningFFXIII-4

Let me see....

Guild Payouts where some ppl where getting 5,000,000,000 silver a week or more back in 2018
    An ingame Market that sells BiS gear for silver
    Countless Account Boosting services on world chat/server chat that can instantly give anyone 5 billion silver for a few hundred dollars
    Streamers and partners getting special boosts
    Players just outright buying accounts with 600+ GS for a few thousand dollars and get away with it easily.

Yeah good luck balancing PVP in this game. This game is nothing more than a grinding game now. You literally just grind to gear up to grind and thats it.

PA is making the right choice in making Shadow Arena a seperate game, same with Crimson Desert (BDO 2). BDO is broken beyond repair, the only way to repair it to reset everything and fix the things that broke it in the first place.

SavageOpress[SX00] likes this.
  17. Kripion

All it needed is hight rng at the PEN gear (hudge silver sink) and time for the rest of community to cath that pen boss tet acc level.

Both was done or will be done in some time.

BDO has a nice potential .... still.... even after PA tries so hard to kill it...
    All it needs is fun mechanic group content and a lack of another mistakes at the lvl of SMH...

Many players invested (time and money) in this game hoping for it longlivelity. And i dont think that they will risk another PA fail if they kill it so easyli after 3,5 years.

Besides: can i ask what makes u think Crimson Desert is an sequel (except some youtubers pulling infos aout of their a***es)?
    Any official info, link? I would apreciate it.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  18. noctred

noctred NA

There is no official info suggesting Crimson Desert is a sequel to BDO. All logic suggests otherwise.

It's literally just people being baited by fake news and spreading heavy-handed speculation across every medium they can get their hands on.

19. Deyric

Baited by fake news? While it is pure speculation on what the new game entails, there is a new game, currently with a similar name as this one, they have a website up for it but bare bones. I'm not particularly concerned about it, but I could see how some would be bothered. Likely to be another 3-5 years before it becomes relevant to this one anyway.