1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real PVP content wheeeeeeen?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kripion, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

- lose of pvp player since there is no real endgame pvp siege pretty much sucks and is merc dependent, rbf is repetitive, ow pvp favors the weaker player cos of karma (execpt arsha ofc), gvg are fun but limited since the occur randomly - they can dodge and bosses interrupt it
    - idk if u ever fought against high dp ppl but ur "broken" dmg scaling doesnt do much against higher dp ppl, if u get cc u deserve to die but u have no clue how fricking tanky ppl become with enough dp u cant win sa trades if u dont have dp yourself no matter if u have more ap (talking about minimum 269 but thats easy to get anyway)
    - true
    - debatable i love awakening, and the idea of weapo swapping and now with succesion we have more diversity which is also cool
    - true
    - kinda true
    - "other broken things" is clearly a nice argument

yes bdo is gear reliant - and thats totally fine u can still win if the gear difference isnt super high but usually ap difference is almost meaningless
    bdo isnt a "combo" game like others u have to avoid getting cc´d and cc the other player, u have to play around ur defensive skills

some ppl dont like that, some ppl do - but saying the pvp system is fundamentally broken is just wrong
    i hard agree on desync being ****, fps = dmg shouldnt be a thing either and yes we lack group content but as stupid as it sounds

if u dont like the game, why are u playing it. i really dont get it

IWalkAlone, Kripion and Fearless V like this.
  2. Thranduil

New players can get TeT weapons+Tri armor+Tri Accesories easy, even getting to 261/269 isn't as hard as it was before, the issue is PEN, getting pen requires a great deal of costume melting or an insane amount of hours, and it might take you a year or two before your only upgrade is going for PEN, but at some point you'll be faced with the issue.

More FPS makes your skills cooldown to be shorter, at 200+ FPS you practicaly eliminate any cooldown, PA tried to fix this setting a maximun number of FPS and the game broke to the point they had to hotfix it. It is a core bug of the game that seems to require too much work and won't get fixed ever.

AP brackets and awakenings are too powerfull, in the preawakening era the pvp was much more slower and fun, now it's just a one shot/ one CC meta with unbalanced clases, the ones with more CC protection and mobility are much much better than the rest.

The only PvE group content is Miromuk and the PvP group content is mostly node wars, i don't do node wars, so i can't really say how good are they nowadays.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

Wow really? So FPS actually reduces the cooldown of your skills? That sounds weird as hell. I've never heard of such a thing in any of the other games I plays.

I guess one way you can get around that. Is to bypass the game's FPS counter. And inject code to trick the game into seeing. That you have way more FPS than you actually do. I might try something like that out, for science of course. But I guess at that point you would be effectively speed hacking.

4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

thankfully its not thatbad, it just speeds up the animations/cast time so ur skills "hit faster" but higher fps doenst reduce the cd

5. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Also that issue mostly applies to older classes. Newer classes dont seem to have that.

6. Rügenwalder Pommersche

also true only a few classes really "want that 200 fps" rest is doing fine with ~100+

7. IWalkAlone

The problem with new players is that they want full PEN at they one, the just dont get it that BDO have slow progression.
    Combat is not so broken, but the gap between diferent gear scores is huge and we can talk about the problem that 1AP is not= 1Dp, this leads to serious problems at higher stats.
    FPS problem is not only to BDO, TERA has it too - bad PC=you cant PvP properly.Simply, with good PC you make skills faster.Silly but fact.(not cooldown, but makes animation and cancel faster)

Roechacca likes this.
  8. Kripion

Guys and about 1cc 1shot issue - the game is sadly balanced around end game stats : 310+ ap and 400 dp
    At that point it isnt looking that bad. NA/EU community problem is we are close to 300 ap but not even close to 350 dp ....

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. Hekki

- DP = DR + EVA. Damage scaling is broken because DR almost does not work. What you describe is effect of EVA + desyncs. This so called high DP players just stack EVA. Problem is with scaling AP to DR. Beside this there is no even new items for DR. No even DR focused RB shields.
    -
    - You may do love your awakening. But it basically killed initial class. Someone other may prefer non awakening class. Devs try to fix it by so called tradiotions but it does not look good. To fix that devs have to balance 2x more classes. That is simply not possible. It is a huge mess.
    -
    -
    - It is a point, not argument. Simply too many to count it all. Especially when one issue come from another. And devs since beginning hide one issue by another one. That is a pure mess.

But not everybody do like this. And this alone is a good reason to create another similar game to attract more players.

And who told you I play it? I'm here because BDO have some interesting points. But I can not play it because of above reasons. And similar game without this issues is something for me.

10. Hekki

So how are you see new PvP player can enjoy this game? Grind 2 years to be able to even try PvP is not fun.

But here not even this is an issue. Problem is how it scale. Gear gap causing causing situation where low gear and level players do nothing and die by single shot.
    That is not Lineage 2 where progression is also slow, but even low level doing something.

11. IWalkAlone

Its the most close thing to L2, I dont have even soft cap gear but I enjoy PvP everyday.And Im old player who plays very casual with no lifeskilling and no afk.Like I said, BDO is slow paced game, you dont have to be PEN at day one.
    Lineage 2 had it the same way, and atm is even worst than BDO in term of gear gap.

Kripion likes this.
  12. IWalkAlone

As I remember even at 100 DP you need 160 AP to counter it, in the same way 1 DR is a lot, those are really different numbers that make scaling just terible.

13. LiquidEmotion

If you play BDO for a fun and fair PvP experience then you are playing the wrong game. Just look at what it takes just to be competitive. You have to devote a ton of time for gear and drop a decent amount of cash as well if you want to expedite things. They ask you for this yet they hardly have any queueable PvP modes to actually use your gear in. RBF and BA are literally the only instanced pvp modes in existence and with news about the new games they are working on it puts things into perspective as to why **** is never taken care of. They are milking it out. Either deal with it or get out while you can.

14. Hekki

For example in Interlude 40lvl PR with Emi +0, PL set, +4 STR dye + full buff make 3k crit on 76 lvl SpS in DC set. 40 lvl TH can backstab 77 lvl PR in Draconic set for 1,5k etc.
    Current L2 version messed it up and damage is modiffed by level difference same as CC succes rate. So yes, that is worse than first chronicles.
    But in BDO even 2 lvls difference and 40 GS gap make inpossible to kill. BDO is far worse it this point.

And what is inside this 100DP?
    160 AP will one shot anyone who have 100 DR. Depend by class you need around 2,5 DR to counter 1 AP.
    And to beat EVA you need ACC. That is another thing what is broken in BDO. It display DP as sum of DR + EVA but AP is pure AP and ACC is displayed separetly.

15. Naho

This. It wouldn't make sense to announce that you're gonna improve a game and then suddenly announce a direct competitor to it. I know they make dumb choice at PA's HQ, but I doubt they could make such dumb thing business wise.

Smileybones likes this.
  16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

True, however drama queens don't need to rely on facts or to even make sense, they just need to produce dramatic statements out of their behinds.

Naho likes this.
  17. IWalkAlone

In Lineage 40 lvl cant even hit a 76GH or PW. Lineage was different, some good things some bad...

Indeed here lies the biggest problem of BDO

18. noctred

noctred NA

So do you have a source for this statement or is it anecdotal speculation? Because according to PA's most recent financials report and various third party finance reporting sites, all of which are publicly viewable, the company's revenue growth continues to go up.

Columba likes this.
  19. Thranduil

Not really on L2 you could be usefull with +3/+4 enchanted gear and that was a very low risk enchant, with a +6 full set you could consider yourselft in the top % and that was way easier than having full pen on BDO. L2 was a party game, having a good party was as important or more than having some extra gear, BDO is a solo game were you can do everything alone.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  20. Roechacca

This game is open world pvp. Not sure content is needed so what does the op mean? Battlezones? That's crap on ESO? They always cry about premades there like top players won't calculate the best group for dynamics and exploit them against randoms. MOBA's are best for pvp. Less lag and dev teams designed just for pvp. I use to only pvp before coming here. I came here to relax and have not dipped in pvp except for killing a few trying to kill me and getting slaughtered by a few with max everything in seconds wanting control of a zone. I enjoyed both scenarios because I'm a pvp purest. I don't look for it but if I find it I welcome it good or bad result. I've learned the more a game tries to be fair the more people find it unfair for what ever reason.

Final thought: Mortal Combat is and will always be the best pvp. Pick up a copy.

Fearless V likes this.