1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent CM/GM Responses [*Important*]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Junyoung, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dremlock

lmao yukimura attempting to completely deflect responsibility and throw PA under the bus. Guess what? IT'S YOUR JOB TO GET TO GET INFO FROM DEVELOPERS

Essentially all i see here is "we haven't been able to do our job for weeks"

get it together

2. unrealaz

The community is being toxic because they are doing 0 things from what we suggest, they are adding more and more content that is broken like Vell and the performance of the game and lag wise is getting worse and worse every patch.

Pkmdz, Rozett, Slynx and 3 others like this.
  3. unrealaz

A real publisher always say when content is brought, not the developer, because they are the reason that the developer is making any money in the first place. And the fact is that KAKAO KR is the actual publisher. NA and EU need to pass on the feedback to KAKAO KR.

4. Dremlock

how is the relationship so **** between PA and Kakao that this the the result brought to customers? THEY'VE BEEN WORKING TOGETHER FOR TWO YEARS. How is it possible to have such a faulty relationship after that long that you can't even communicate the most basic things to customers??

it is kakao's responsibility to make sure that relationship works

Brightcide, Ludakriss, Slynx and 5 others like this.
  5. Yuusayn

I could see a point in some of those things, but the community just complains about every little thing, whether its something important like servers, or something as trivial as improving things like artisans, they only complain to complain, no wonder the devs can't figure out what ppl want

ronniejw and Columba like this.
  6. unrealaz

They can. When people make a 40 page topic about a thing like servers, and everyone agrees and then there is a 2 page thread about some feature where everyone disagrees it's clear which one is the problem.
    There are polls made where thousands of people vote, threads on reddit with 1k upvotes and so on.
    It's very simple to get what people want.

Pkmdz, KotoRena and SnakeAttack like this.
  7. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

The developer tells the publisher when content is brought. The publisher is in charge of seeking out that information. But, what if the developer doesn't want to give the publisher that information? That's when problems arise.

Also, I don't understand why you are highlighting Kakao KR. Kakao KR, EU, NA are the exact same companies just different branches of a region. Kakao (refers to all branches and the company as whole). It does not matter which branch of Kakao is reporting to the other branch, if the developers in the first place don't want to give the information.

It is both of their responsibilities. And yea, their internal communication is horrible still. No clue how.

#27 Junyoung, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Ludakriss, Lomacs and Dremlock like this.
  8. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Did it ever occur to you thats just how it is for Korean companies? Or their contract is just crap between both? Stop jumping to conclusions and judging everything, without knowing the background. Obviously we wont know, all we know is PA is being douchebags and thats it. We knew that from the start.

Ravare likes this.
  9. Dremlock

I'm jumping to conclusions?

"that's just how korean companies work". not only is that actually racist, but THAT'S jumping to a conclusion.

Also what I said wasn't jumping to a conclusion. Yukimura pretty much spelled it out in plain english that the relationship at best needs work. At worst, it's ****.

Stop giving kakao a free pass when they're clearly a responsibly party.

Slynx likes this.
  10. unrealaz

KAKAO KR IS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES ALL THE DECISIONS.
    Their headquarters is there, it's like saying Ubisoft France and US are "branches". No. Ubisoft France is the company that makes all the financial decisions based on info the from branches.
    It matters where the headquarters is, the stakeholders and everyone else in charge of financial decisions.
    Also the CEO of KAKAO is in KR.
    There is no EU CEO or NA CEO.
    That's why the people in KR from KAKAO need to know about the problems.

#30 unrealaz, Feb 2, 2018
  11. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

No one's giving anyone a free pass. Everyone here understands that Kakao and PA have made mistakes. However, it helps for others to understand that Kakao really can't do much in this situation. They can't just waltz over to Korea, kick in PA's office doors, and demand that they finish up content. It doesn't work that way. They have channels that they must use. In other words, your constant trash talking of them amounts to nothing more than pissing in the wind.

Secondarily, in PA's defense, there may be some technical issues that they are facing that aren't solved easily. Demanding software "get done" doesn't exactly work.

12. Dremlock

oh sorry hum dee dum dang, i guess there's nothing we can do then good golly shucks, u tried ur best kakao go get 'um tiger.

they're big boys and girls they can handle it

13. unrealaz

Kakao has an office in KR, THAT OWNS PEARL ABYSS

14. Salvie Vesuva

15. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

I don't understand why you're bringing up Kakao KR constantly. I know of Kakao, lol. I am Korean. As I stated, when I say "Kakao" I am not specifying NA, I am talking about the company as a whole, not individual branches. So to further elaborate on my previous statement; Pearl Abyss isn't giving Kakao the information we need. Note the lack of the words "NA/EU/KR", it applies to the entire company.

I would hope everyone knows that Kakao KR is the main headquarters. I don't think anyone denied that. Yes, Kakao NA reports to Kakao KR. That's part of where our feedback gets translated and sent to PA. This is nothing new, or nothing they haven't done. The problem is Pearl Abyss isn't giving the information that is being requested.

#35 Junyoung, Feb 2, 2018
  16. Alexandrious

But but.....I run the game at 60fps even in heidel with a 5.0GHZ processor, 4266mhz ram, Samsung 960 pro M.2 in Dimm 2 slot with SLI GTX 1080 TI Asus rog strix Cards... all on 4k. :o

.....Maybe its your toaster.... :)

17. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

1. I don't think that's accurate
    2. Even if it is, it doesn't really matter
    3. My points still stand

18. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

Network Issues - NA Server (GM Horizon) - Thread Here

"Greetings adventurers,

We have been receiving reports regarding intermittent disconnections on a periodic basis from a small part of players on the NA server, and we are currently investigating the matter with our provider.

Further updates related to this situation will be posted in this topic. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

WHERE IS THE EU SERVER ISSUES RESPONSE? We created NA why are we ignored

Rockett likes this.
  19. unrealaz

Pearl Abyss is owned by Kakao KR.
    Maybe you didn't get that part. KAKAO KR is making the decisions on when content comes, what servers they buy and so on. If you fail to realize this, it's not my problem.

20. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

You're entirely wrong. Pearl Abyss is an individual company. Pearl Abyss has a contract with Kakao as a publishing and developer relationship. Not sure where you read such false information, or if you're trolling. The CEO of Pearl Abyss has even stated himself, at their recent IPO meeting, that he is not sure if he will renew the contract with Kakao once it is complete soon. You really need to check your sources, lol.

#40 Junyoung, Feb 2, 2018
    JustFiyen, Slynx and KotoRena like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.