1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent GM Response [*Important*]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rogahn, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Rogahn

Rogahn Keevan Wizard 62 EU

First thing first, if i see this thread gone or locked I'll create 2 more.

@GM Axion
    @
    GM BBrilliant
    @GM Caramel
    @GM Gemu
    @
    GM Glitterbeard
    @GM Kaioken
    @GM Dew
    @GM Unknown

To GMs handling hack cases and item rerolls,

I have looked into your case and confirmed that the items you had mentioned were degraded due failed enhancement attempts. After extensively investigating your account, we were unable to find sufficient evidence to support that these actions weren't intended.

I have checked our system and confirmed that all enhancements were done fully failstacked and show no indication that this action was done with malicious intent. Please note that dealing with items that have been downgraded as a result of a failed enhancement is a very delicate process, as a certain part of the community would take advantage of our generosity if we were to help with such cases by granting the benefit of the doubt, therefore compromising intended game design. Due to this, in order to maintain the integrity of the game, whenever items are downgraded due to enchanting, we are unable to restore anything that was lost.

I have also checked the logs of your account associated with that day, and it appears you were discussing going for TET on your items. Please note that trying to deceive a GM in order to get items back can result in actions being taken on your account. While we are not taking action at this time, we have added a note to your account for future reference.

If you have any other issues or if you find anything that bothers you, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket and I will assist you in any way I can. Have a nice day and I hope that you will continue your adventures here with us in Black Desert Online and I wish you a quick recovery from this.

GM Unknown
    English Games Master"

To be frank, this is the most disgusting thing I've read in my history of BDO.

First you agree that account has been compromised and require the owner to send you his ID and then you accuse him of being a liar and a fraud.

I'm really at a loss of words here not because i lack vocabulary but because it would end up in a unrestrained string of admonishing adjectives.

I will try to keep it as civil as possible regardless.

'I have looked into your case and confirmed that the items you had mentioned were degraded due failed enhancement attempts.'
    You're missing one vital point in this "case" - account has been compromised;

'After extensively investigating your account, we were unable to find sufficient evidence to support that these actions weren't intended.'
    Did you now? Even the simplest IP login check, if of course those being kept as in every other company, would pinpoint exact time when owner lost access to his account.

'I have checked our system and confirmed that all enhancements were done fully failstacked and show no indication that this action was done with malicious intent.'

If I'm reading it right, you're suggesting that keeping FS (failstacks) on a character is a threat of its own since the game causes madness and forces them to intentionally destroy their entire gear. Still missing on that little detail about account being compromised - see paragraph above.

'Please note that dealing with items that have been downgraded as a result of a failed enhancement is a very delicate process, as a certain part of the community would take advantage of our generosity if we were to help with such cases by granting the benefit of the doubt, therefore compromising intended game design.'
    "The benefit of a doubt" one would assume that 2 year period of playing the game would entitle to it but maybe only streamers can benefit. Still verifying your "system" as of activity pattern on the account would dispel any doubt, right?

'Due to this, in order to maintain the integrity of the game, whenever items are downgraded due to enchanting, we are unable to restore anything that was lost.'
    Integrity is a strong word, especially as intended in this reply to vilify a person without any substantial research and proof.

'I have also checked the logs of your account associated with that day, and it appears you were discussing going for TET on your items. Please note that trying to deceive a GM in order to get items back can result in actions being taken on your account. While we are not taking action at this time, we have added a note to your account for future reference. '
    Please don't lie, there was no research done on the case as I provided earlier. If cherry-picking conversation, which I'm pretty sure I was a part of, about trying for TET on one particular item is a proof then I'm sorry to compare you to Jennet Device. False accusation and threats is not a way to build integrity - it's by doing your job and being honest - to point it out.

Ended up being more vile than intended I'm afraid but believe me I really restrained myself.
    Still hope for a resolution. GM can PM me as of whose account I'm defending, but note that I will post the replies here.

No more ********, do your jobs as you're paid for it.

Ro

Dunkleosteus, IIIII, Praedyth and 2 others like this.
  2. Malpercio

they key term here is that they were enhanced on fully failstacked accounts

-you couldve had a friend log in who is known for good enhancements to enhance your account

Theres plenty counter arguments and not all players are honest. Sorry if this really did happen but theres so much that could be misconstrued here they dont want to take the risk... would you if you were in their shoes?

Also claiming that theyre lying when they have access to countless logs also dampens your case. They do have logs and I've had similar issues where they verified things were screwy and replaced the items i lost, but could not replace other things.

3. MChrome

Working in CS myself i can't really believe this kind of response. That said, i have the benefit of actually knowing the person involved.

No IP logs being kept?

Unable to restore an account state and having to rely on what the customer tells them to restore? Are the GM's actually capable of *any* restoration which doesn't involve spawning fresh items and mailing them?

Which raises the question: Are there even backups of the game database being made at all?

R.Prescott and Brightcide like this.
  4. Alexandrious

:|

What if servers took a massive surge and all data wiped.........

:) oh that would be the golden motherlode of all salt....and they would compensate us with 80 percent off all pearl shop items for one month as everyone starts over.....

Oh im just salviating at that possibility.....:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fearless V and Findubar like this.
  5. Rogahn

after analyzing the reply its clear to see there was near to none research done on the case. I work in insurance and I deal with fraud on daily basis and accusing someone of it without doing your homework first IS a risk.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  6. MChrome

Thing is they didn't check any logs except chatlogs. A simple IP check would at least give them some perspective.

Also, when a 2 year vet who has *never* shown any kind of deviant beheaviour and has only poured cash into the company, to be brutally ****ing honest, they would get the benefit of the doubt.

Aside from that, it's not just his gear having been blown up. It's *gone*. Warehouse stuff junked. Someone royally screwed him over, and he was *not* alone in this in recent times:

https://community.blackdesertonline...nd-i-lost-everything-how-do-i-recover.153508/

This is Kakao CS being absolute **** at its finest, clutching at straws to *very* likely not have to do the rather menial task of spawning all the items seperately and sending them to the account via mail. Avoiding busywork to save themselves a bit of time and effort. It's not like i've never seen this happen at any CS department before.

7. Ravare

While I see your frustration, it still can be construed that you let someone else login your account to try enchanting for you and they failed. Then a ticket was made in order to try and get those enchant levels back.

Not saying I dont believe you at all. But even I had considered at one point letting my brother login my account and enchant for me because I despise it so much. IP logs can show that a different computer logged into your account. But I have also had my brother login his BDO account on my computer when he was visiting for vacation. So while the IP log could be useful, it still isnt a nail in the coffin that someone hacked your account, or that you didnt give someone else your account information on your own.

Again, not accusing you of anything, but I can see why CS would be leery of restoring things in this manner. If someone was trying TET attempts with 0-10 Fail stacks, then I can see how they could believe someone was hacking your account in order to have some malicious intent.

seanas and Hakazumi like this.
  8. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

Whoa. Step back everyone we got a tough guy here.

Don't see anything in your post about your account being "hacked". All I see is someone angry cos they blew up their gear and the GMs responding as politely as they could.

9. LogicaI

Wait let me get this right,this is not even your account? LOL this is a worthless post then?

No gm will help you with SOMEONE ELSES account.

Then again if he/she is a streamer just wait 72 hours.

10. MChrome

11. Columba

I can sympathize, but what's to keep someone from asking a friend to log in from a different IP in order to get the outcomes reversed if you don't like the outcomes of enhancing? I can't tell whether they checked the IP logs or not from that reply, but I am not sure that they can do anything else even if they had checked them. really open to abuse.

Shirolicious, LogicaI and TarkusBlack like this.
  12. Ornast

If a house gets broken into and contents stolen, does the insurance company immediately accuse the owner of trying to get a payoff, or do they do a proper investigation?

This is bad, the fact that the customer support offers no insurance against being hacked, even though they don't offer two factor authentication, when some people may have put hundreds of euro into their account, makes me hesitant.

13. Obeah

Just to be clear, you're saying that someone else got access to your account, and it's Kakao's responsibility to restore the damage that was done?

BRB gonna change my IP and TET roulette...

14. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Just play something else, dude.

15. Ravare

Yea but if your house gets broken into, there usually is visual damage to see that someone who did not have keys to unlock your house, did in fact use another method to break into your house.

A MMO gaming account.............yea.........its a little hard to prove that or use this same analogy. Because unless they can prove someone forcefully hacked their account, it could also be the age old MMO mistake of sharing account info with someone. Or even letting someone else enchant for you because the RNG "triggers" people to not wanting to deal with it.

As I said in my post earlier, I was going to ask my IRL brother to enchant my stuff for me because it doesn't bother him as much as it does me. I could do the same thing as the OP and claim "someone hacked my account and broke my gear" even though I could have hypothetically given that person my info without Kakao knowing.

Hence why they may be a bit leery of restoring enchanting levels in this case. Also because the person used appropriate failstacks on the attempts.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  16. MChrome

Someone else logged into account and did the blowing up. He didn't do it himself. Someone logged into his account and pretty much deleted everything of value. The other IP messed it all up.

He's been playing for two years. Even if this was a scam, it'd work only *once*. Why would he risk his account for such a stupid gamble with 2 years of grinding time?

17. Malpercio

I've had a guy submit a ticket stating that he was hacked and they threw his gear away. What he failed to mention that it was his brother that threw his gear away from his own computer.

The reply was that the ip's that accessed his account were the same and they did not recover his gear.

I've had another guy (different guy in guild) submit a ticket claiming he accidentally deleted his gear (he raged deleted, but claimed it was accidental) and they restored it.

if he was hacked and they verified the IP, would someone who wants to maliciously destroy your account pick your failstackers and try to enhance on them? Especially when its stated that earlier he was claiming hes going to roll for tets? The evidence stacks up against the player. They have chat logs, enhancement logs, action logs. Its very tedious to go through the logs but if the job requires it they can find it.

I've worked for various support centers and have been a GM to other mmos in the past. I can clearly tell you 90% of people whining on how they were "wronged" are just upset they did not get what they want and are giving a biased opinion. This gm did the work and told him two things dont align with what hes saying... that already discredits him. If you want something and are really wronged by the system then you should specifically state as much honest information as you can. The more the stories line up the more the gms will be on your side. Out of the various issues ive submitted to kakao i've only had 1 not go in my favor, to which it was just something that sucks because i could not make it up in time.

The moment you lie, misconstrue, try to present a story with holes, is the moment the representative is going to just disregard what you want and assume youre aiming to gain something you shouldnt have. You work in insurance so you should know what happens with people who lie on their claims

18. Ornast

Well, I mean, say Kakao gave this player the benefit of the doubt and restored the items, and it turned out to be fraudulent, they would only be able to get away with this once. If it was me I'd rather keep my customers happy and the money coming in. Restoring the gear costs them nothing.

19. Rogahn

Watch out they will 'add a note to your account for future reference."
    Also do you really have all your characters with 0 FS all the time? I got 47 FS on my char at this very moment and it can be turned against me just like that?

20. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

My response to this... play stupid games win stupid prizes.

You act like you were fish botting for 2 weeks???? Sociopath much? He 100% deserved to get banned.

I dont buy the sob stories from all these supposed innocent bans. I just don't. Most mmo players especially in games where money is involved..... are complete scum bags especially when they get caught doing **** they shouldn't.

We have seen it time and time again from this community. And to deny it is not only naive it is also extremely ignorant.

It doesn't matter if their detection method is them manually checking players or software checking logs. IT DOES NOT F@KING MATTER!

In fact you should be happy that they are manual bans.... theres less room for error.

Hakazumi, LogicaI and TarkusBlack like this.