1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Lag/Reload/DCs/Unable to speak to NPCs - It is Back - see link for posts

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Maha, Jan 7, 2019.

1. LexusGirl

the october post i had the same problem on October 10th 2018... since then ive had the character/server change issues of not loading and having to reboot the game, possibly multiple times to get loaded in again, but at least once i was in, i was fine.

The last 48 hours ive been having the loading screens in which after one, i have no choice but to reboot the game due to not being able to interact with anything, same as some of the other threads that have been posted

Game is unplayable

Spark NZ is my ISP

#2 LexusGirl, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Greevous likes this.
  2. Khondo

I have had the same issue for the last 2 days. Logging in or changing characters is the main issue. Can sit there for 2 mintures before I can interact with anything, sometimes it does not come back at all and have to force close the game. When talking to imperial traders it can take 3 or 4 attempts for them to bring up my trade goods to sell.

It seems a little random as to who is affected. Some people in my guild have the same issue but others are fine.

MMoNoob likes this.
  3. Turkeysandwich

good to know i am not the only one having these issues

MMoNoob likes this.
  4. Rekk

Seems as tho a lot are having this prob. Albout half of those I play with are having issues like this with most starting just after the last patch. Game is becoming almost unplayable.

MMoNoob likes this.
  5. Zathraya

Same here, prior to the patch i had no issues at all. Now i get reloads often where im either sent back some distance when riding/running, or I either die or almost die while grinding.

MMoNoob likes this.
  6. Taeshien

I'm currently on my 4th reload of the client trying to get back in. its getting worse by the day.

Once I sync up and get playing its fine but this reload issue is killing me.

ISP: iiNet in Australia

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Vafthrudnirson

Seems like half my guild is complaining about this now, it's been steadily getting worse for me the last few days. Getting really brutal now.

Please stop telling us it's our ISPs, it's not 40 different ISPs in every corner of the planet all having the same problem at the same time when it's not affecting one single other game or service. This is a BDO problem. The bad part isn't the connection problem, every game has problems. The bad part is still after 3 years you're telling us "check with your ISP" and "get a VPN" every time we complain about it. It would be better to say nothing than this insulting meme. It got old a long time ago, it's not our ISPs and we shouldn't need a VPN to play.

MoonDance17 and Taeshien like this.
  8. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 61 EU

I'm having issues with lag/rubberbanding and desync. Pretty much going on since shortly before Christmas.
    Most noticeable during PvP fights doesn't matter if open world or BA... people glitching out of grabs, being grabbed out of I frames, cced through FG, major lag spikes and people rubberbanding over the map :-/
    Inbetween the game just closes without any error message...

MoonDance17 and LucidKill like this.
  9. Xernicus

Xernicus Xernicus Lahn NA

I just realized I've been getting reconnections (thx to chat windows!)- though it's usually when I've had the game minimized to tray... all of the sudden I'll hear the game music, and my chat tabs are back to 1, as they usually are when I first login.

Lots of "please try again in a moment" notifications today in combat, though I don't see any rubberbanding. However, I did feel like my hits weren't really connecting and I was being knocked down/CC'd quite a bit more than normal today though....
    ISP is CenturyLink- I'm just a little south of Seattle. Usually have a nice steady 28-29ms latency, I'm showing spikes up to 103ms and 10% packetloss at the San Francisco Level3 datacenter... while the routing is 7ms and 0% packetloss.

The issues seem to stem from level3. Specifically this switch: 4.69.140.153.

I have no issues with NPC or having to reconnect or swap to character selection, but re-connection and hit issues? Yes. (And ofc I get reconnected as I posted this)

10. Rahuu

Rahuu Thornflood Striker 61 EU

I'd like to say that the ol' famous "check with your ISP" is not always a way of saying that your ISP is the problem. It can be useful to get in touch with your ISP regardless, so you can explain the issue and they can verify if they notice any routing issue from their side as well.

I've been having these issues too during the holidays. A few disconnections still happen. As for latency and rubberbanding, luckily it got better, at least on my side.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  11. MMoNoob

what is the cause of this any1 know?

12. Taeshien

Reached the point today where I have to restart the client 2-5 times each time I want to swap characters. It seems as though it is their login server or whatever account connection process they use is at fault, I can play the game all day just fine with no lag as long as I don't swap characters. As soon as I swap (or swap channels) - desync, crash, desync, 5 login attempts (plus CTRL ALT DELETE to kill the game client) to re-establish a stable connection.

Getting very close to unplayable levels guys.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. MoreCoffee

Issue still persists. Logged in after maintenance and couldn't interact with npcs etc.

14. Ourouge

God im so happy im not the only one, i thought its just a issue for me since i use a mobile connection wlan device to play bdo. My connection never was perfect but i was able to grind without laggs, i had problems when i loggen in that i had to wait for some time before i was able to interact with npcs but that was fine, after some time everything was smooth. But i was on visit at my familys house from 21.12.18 till 06.01.19 and after i came back all those dc´s, laggs, reloads and so on occured and i can´t even grind anymore.

15. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 61 EU

Well, logged in and after 2 min of being in-game I got a reload :<

16. Ourouge

well after today´s patch it got even worse. First PvE death since ages. I had a 40 second lagg and died. thats new. Now i can´t even grind with laggs anymore because i will probably die now, the days before it was disgusting but i was never in danger to die. what a great start in the year.

17. EbonyStar

Having this problem also! It started after last weeks patch and is still happening after today's patch. I live in the UK and play on NA servers.

18. vjeverica2

U can add me to the list of those having same issues for a week now

19. Iauren

The game is unplayable.

GM Kaioken responded on my thread with,
    So if a GM is telling me that a VPN isn't a permanent solution...what is??? Because my free VPN trial has run out. I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering quitting because I don't want to pay to play this game (via paying for a VPN just to access BDO). Using a VPN was the only thing that improved my connection with BDO. As my thread states, I am not having connection/lag problems in any other games.