1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Sorc nerfs are foreboding

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Nexius, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Kauni

Kauni 62 EU

I am just curious, who else has fg on a mobility skill during cd and recovers the stamina while spamming it?

2. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 62 NA

False

Mudari likes this.
  3. Ashenvall

upload_2019-2-8_11-26-26.png

No u

4. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 62 NA

5. Ashenvall

Iframe is invincibility....
    Yes there is CD but chase can go further and can be instant chained. You can't do the same with night crow

6. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 62 NA

False

7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

stahp it!

8. Ashenvall

False false

9. Aisell

-Sorc was nerfed. It lost all of it's protection and it's options to recover stamina in a fight. Sorc was trash pre cc changes because everyone was so protected. Everyone else got brought down to sorc's level and even still, sorc got hit with nerfs and is still getting nerfed.

-Most other combos are protected or are nowhere near as long as sorc combos. Sorc combo can consist of midnight stinger, scattering shadow, shadow erupting, shadow ignition, back c swap into violation cancel and unless you have the timing or skill, you won't have enough time to offload your damage and even if you do, the damage isn't great compared to a ninja who can use one skill and take 75 percent of your health.

-you clearly have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. The nerf too violation and DarkFlame where huge for sorc. DarkFlame was our only real safe engage and our only real trade option for certain classes that are highly protected like mystic and striker and even then using dark flame against those classes can result in a grab.

10. Aisell

You are correct that you can't counter and Iframe but if a sorc is iframing they aren't doing damage. Sorc is vulnerable to one simple thing and that is, a sorc wants to be behind you. Alot of people give sorc room, allow them to peel off and recover stamina. Sorc is easily counter by hard pressure and constant pressure and knowing how to chain protected skills. If a sorc can't land a cc they are dead. If a sorc has to disengage then that gives you an advantage because they can no longer safely engage you.

Iframe can't be countered directly but it can be countered indirectly. It's counter the same way you counter anything else, understanding it and adapting to it.

Ansilo likes this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni 62 EU

I am curious... what class is able to keep up with sorcs movement and give constant pressure? The only class I can think off with sustain pressure would be wizard/witch here but then again... they can't keep up with sorcs movement to keep that pressure. (I do not count mystic for obvious reasons)

That's on casual level. Geared sorcs don't need cc to kill.

Uhm... I understand super armor, wait for a gap or grab and gg. I understand frontal guard, get behind for a cc or grab and gg.
    The thing is... I also understand iframe. There is nothing you can do unless hope for a desync.

12. Aisell

Rangers/Archers that have plenty of room. I will grant you that these classes in small spaces will get destroyed but in the open world and in their element, they can apply oppressive levels of pressure against a sorc especially if they are able to maintain their range.

Musa/Maewha . . I mean do I really need to explain how their mobility is a problem for sorc?

Ninja . . I mean. .

Valk. They can zone a sorc pretty hard with their suck and long range poke. Their 360 block pretty much allows them to operate in a sorc's wheel house and unless the sorc can break the block within a short amount of time, the sorc will have to disengage and recover stam and at that point, Valk can booly a sorc pretty hard.

The point of that statement was to point out that sorc is at an advantage with a passive player. They can disengage and poke at range with dream of doom and blades of darkness. A sorc trying to put distance between a player and themselves is simply trying to buy time to get their stamina back. Stamina is the key point here because a sorc's only option with no stamina is block and it's a shitty block. A sorc's only option when receiving pressure is iframe, iframe requires stamina, our stamina runs out pretty quick.

Yes, gear trumps skill in this game. A ranger can one shot someone at range without landing a cc. That is virtually EVERY CLASS. Gear allows you to by pass mechanics that you would otherwise have to consider at lower levels. Why is it ok for other classes to have this benefit but not sorc at higher gear levels? Sorc at lower gear levels is PAINFUL and while everyone said 253 ap was soft cap ages ago, sorcs needed to be at least 261 or higher.

I think this is your problem here. You don't counter the mechanic, you counter it's use. This isn't a game of rock paper scissors. You can counter super armor with a grab sure, i'll grant you that but in order to use that grab, you need to be close range, up in their face and you need to recognize when a person might try to trade with a forward guard or super armor. Top level play is all about anticipation, baiting attacks, super armors, forward guards and so on. Iframe is the exact same thing. Anticipating where the sorc wants to be, recognizing what abilities where used, recognize when a sorc is just trying to wait for cool downs or stamina.

It's all about learning how to play against a sorc. I main a sorc and I still have a hard time with tamers, mainly because I don't ever encounter them and no one I know plays a tamer at my gear level. I can't practice against a tamer and it's the same for sorc. There aren't alot of sorcs out there and the ones that remain are either reaaallly really bad or are geared out the ass or know their class from the ground up so it seems like they are gross.

13. Aisell

Mystics, strikers. The real main issue with the nerf is that it's not really a mobility skill. IT has a slow wind up and you are more or less stuck in the animation during it's cast meaning that if someone gets behind you, they can cc you. It's not a very quick skill and is often clunky at times but it was our only real option to engage certain classes or close the distance in larger engagements.

The problem with this is that we are getting our core abilities slowly gutted and what's left isn't enough to compensate. Our awakening kit is useless at this point outside of block. IF turn back slash or dead hunt was given a damage boost, skills that have no protection on them what so ever, ok but grim reapers has already been gutted ages ago. Violation nerf made violation just useless. Cartian Nightmare is really only good for getting stam back in certain situations. Our disengage leaves us on the minimap and is completely unprotected during it's cast. Blades of darkness hits only one time so it's chance to bounce is almost zero and does so little damage that it's not even worth casting anymore. Soul harvest just gets locked out because it does so very little damage that it's not worth the cc tick. Virtually all of our damage comes from pre awakening and it seems they are slowly taking that away as well.

Souljester and Ashenvall like this.
  14. Ashenvall

The last part is a quick sum up of sorc state.

15. Kauni

Kauni 62 EU

Hm ok I see... nvm you have probably just experience on low geared level. Cause on high gear none of the classes you mentioned give sorcs any trouble. There is legit nothing a sorc have to fear in damage trade with this classes.

16. Ashenvall

See nothing, I think. Dodging all time facts....

17. Kauni

Kauni 62 EU

https://streamable.com/vh89r
    Is there any other class that can do that?

18. Ashenvall

Any wizard/witch with 1 skill lol
    Btw, any ap stacker can do that with any class >_>

19. Kauni

Kauni 62 EU

No because if you teleport in as wiz/witch, you get grabbed and you are dead.
    No because the movement and the actual kit does not allow that.

Or like the guy was talking about pressure... ye very easy to pressure a class with iframe like sorc.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingBrainyAlbatrossDerp

20. Ashenvall

Same for sorc, a side could grab her just after DoD. And a wiz/witch do the same stuff with 1 skill, here we have at least 8-10 skills ( 5 damage skills) Moreover, she was almost out of stamina. So easy to grab.
    Disorganized people, i saw just that.