1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Valkyrie buffs analysis

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, May 14, 2020.

1. Mayuri

Yep, It will still use the 4th first, however, as long as I get SA on the other shield chases I'm happy.

Now I just wish they would add SA to Righteous Charge (and Shining Dash).

Galatia likes this.
  2. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

i wish they would add alot more to bring us on par with lots of other classes. cause that shield chase and some dmg isnt gonna cut it.
    as said before really nice and im really glad we finally get something good...
    but as long as we have 0 protected cc's
    garbage awak -> pre awak -> awak swaps
    bad block.
    we will still get cc'd left and right.
    i was looking a bit at the stuff i get cc'd in often. shield chase is far away compared to spear, counter, shieldthrow, grab and some other stuff

i mean they said with the upcoming balancing changes they wanna tackle stuff like engage / disengage.
    and they actually did what they said they would with this change on shield chase. so maybe there is gonna be more soon.

3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

That'd make too much sense, this is PA we're talkin about lol, I agree though.

I'm hoping they do, but ya never know, could be cucked behind some bs mechanic. Like for instance, when you change to succession, It affects shield chase 1-3, it could just be lower cooldowns. Or it could be taken as seperate 'succession' skills. Idk, I would assume so, but again, ya never know.

I'm gonna assume the massive damage nerfs on ranged classes was more for block. *fingers crossed* Saw a could vids of a ranger still doing solid damage on global labs to decent dp zerk/guardian.

Grab-wise, try burning the divine slam rebam then grabbing, if theres still a lot of cc, c swap after the grab. Can do vice versa too, get the grab, then drop divine slam.
    Shield throw/counter, idk how to really go about not gettin cucked there, closest thing was shield chase>sidestep>counter>shield throw>shield chase forward>Just counter or dip back.
    Cel spear, DLC to preawakening so it doesn't reset c swap, and use sharp light or counter to quick cancel cel spear then C swap/shield chase/promptness (if you can) into hasti or whatever.
    (don't get me wrong, may still get CC doing this, but helped me get cc'd less.)

I bet you're right tho, even if this does end up solving most issues, she'll probably still be lacking protected CC.
    Should just remove the charge up and second vacuum, just turn it into a vacuum 'charge'. So it limits at 2 charges, refreshes one every 17s. A 6s delay inbetween vacuum activations, so can drop a vacuum, after 6s from first activating it, you can drop another one if you want. Burning both charges as quick as possible would put cds at 11s and 28s. (Adds the sec cd to first's cd, plus there is already a delay before the vacuum hits, so couldn't be like any perma vacuum trash.) May not solve the protected CCs, but might put her close enough while embracing her uniqueness.

#23 Muhaha, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

everything is unprotected in so many parts.
    sa on promptnes. issue solved. shieldchase for protected swap from awa -> pre awa
    promptness for Pre awa - > awa.
    use any unprotected cc -> promptness to quickly get protection. even tho desync will still **** you up. the chance is there.

but nope they give promptness crit, they give promptness more hits. cause thats what people use it, for ****ING CC AND DMG. exactly... i even wouldve accepted it if they would have removed the perma SA on it. make it 2-3 seconds cd and sa off cd. but nope promptness = Dmg

5. Netreiam

Like I said man, they just keep buffing promptness. Remember when it used to be something like 600x2 damage on a 7s cd? Now its going to be dealing 1400x4 with 100% crit on a 5s CD lol. Granted it also costs 100 stamina, but its a bit much for what should be a simple transition skill.

6. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

SEA got the buff today so I guess us too. Finally.

Crytan likes this.
  7. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Taking bets on how many of those valks that fotm rerolled to guardian gonna come back

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

imma gonna go with interval 0-2 :D

altho jokes aside, that movement buffs seems really dope.

9. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

For sure. It looks promising
    Res isnt to bad either
    6sec less on the "****-your-doom" bsr skill is pog too

10. Netreiam

I feel like a lot will at first, then they will reroll again once they realize that you still won't be wiping out guilds with a single skill.

Great buffs for us, but I doubt anyone who dropped the class/doesn't play it would notice a difference.

11. WhySoSeeryus

ok, my first review of the valk buffs is "disgusting"...

allow me to explain... :D

had a few rbfs with multiple valks
    basically everyone and their mother was +15% accuracy buffed, valks were zooming around protected as ****. pul/succs were flying everywhere. (we all know what damage valks have when they catch you so i wont comment that)

so... good for you guys, but playing vs teams that have multiples in rbf has become new definition of cancer when its also stacked guardians and other already existing cancers.

12. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

every class is aids if you stack enough of it. and every single one of those fotm rerollers that came back will try it now probably.
    and i guess those playing succession have it even better cause their shieldchase isnt 10 and 17 seconds long

13. Blitzball

Got one-shoted my entire 5k1 HP bar by Terra Sancta BSR....... D:<

14. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

oh no that definitely didnt happen before.
    tip just cc her its not a guardian that does as much dmg without bsr and while being protected

15. Blitzball

How ? You just got SA during shield chase. You can sit in block , using Celestial spear to fish for a ranged CC. Vaccum now gives a DP debuff , so you can one-shot people even faster. :D

You don't even need CC anymore to one-shot with Tera Sancta. The ground hit has now as much range than the wave..

16. WhySoSeeryus

well, blitz actually kinda has a point. :D

my personal feeling of being on the opposite tip of lancia users is that these buffs were quite big for the class. now the appeal of the classes combat will also tag along its support capabilities and then i hope my own class (or better to say SPEC) wont get that much more shlt when we are gonna ask for 1v1 tools, pve efficiency, mobility etc.

17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

BSR Terra didnt got the same treatment as normal terra. so the wave on bsr terra doesnt have the full dmg like normal one. still needs to be close range.
    oneshotting someone that is 320+ dp without a cc with normal terra is not possible unless its maybe a ranger but i even doubt that one. and im talking off only crit + terra not back attack since thats literally the same modifier as down attack.

idk where you saw that. when i try it on a 341 dp valk it barely even scratches half his life with 297 ap WITH down attack modifier
    yea yea its 21 dp more than 320 but it doesnt go from dealing 5k dmg to 2.5k in only 21dp and as said i even added down attack mod's

#37 Legacina, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Muhaha likes this.
  18. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Servers haven't even been up for 6hours, people are already complaining? LOL

Platinia and Galatia like this.
  19. Netreiam

Ikr?

These changes literally did almost nothing in most contexts

SA+FG doesn't matter on a personal level unless you make hard reads with classes like ninja and sorc who actually have the ability to insta back attack.

On a macro level it means that valks can use their protected movement and be protected. Which is a problem because....?

Anyone who complains about that change is just looking for reasons to complain.

As for the rest of the changes, almost all of them are on unprotected skills anyway, which means if a valk is using them on you, you likely 1. Are CCed or 2. Not paying attention. Both of which would mean that you would have been killed by any class.

But w/e people get killed by a class and suddenly the recent buffs made it "OP" even though its almost guaranteed they would have died the exact same way before the buffs.

Galatia and Muhaha like this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

just to be clear, i wasnt complaining. i actually like it that someone has broken through the "but u have PA, heals and utility" reason to not get any buffs at all.