1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Valkyrie buffs analysis

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Netreiam, May 14, 2020.

1. Blitzball

I don’t mind the others buffs like double blitz stab or cooldown reduction on Shift Rmb , but the DP debuff on vacuum and Tera Sancta buff are making me sick :D

@WhySoSeeryus I agree that Wizard awakening is hot garbage right now. They should nerf succ a bit and buff awakening, tbh.

2. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Ehh, can kinda agree with the vacuum, like it should have puri's debuff (-10) and puri should have the higher debuff (-15).
    Terra, I don't think it affects BSR, just makes normal terra do its actual dmg, rather than having to have your lance inside their ass for the first hit. It was just put all into 1 attack rather than 2 attacks. (it use to stab the ground then do the wave, now its all put into the wave hit from my understanding.)

Vacuum getting a dp debuff could be questionable, but doubt it'll be a big deal, we'll give it time and see.
    But terra, i think is fine, didn't increase damage, if anything just fixed it so dmg actually lands like it should. Its still unprotected, still have to buff for the damage with unprotected cel spear. If it does somehow affect bsr terra, I could see them removing the first extra hit instead of adding it to bsr, and just leaving the x2 hits to wave. So if it does affect bsr terra, i'd assume it would actually lower dmg by x1 hit if anything. Or they could have left it as is, or even added the first hit with the wave hits. Couldn't say for sure yet. (Will need to test it and find out, or wait for bsr terra skill window to get a text update.)

Tbh, I'm not sure who got the better buffs, awakened valk or succ valk. They both got the resist on shield chase, but succ valk got Prime: Shield Chase changed from SA to FG w/Resist. lol

#42 Muhaha, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  3. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

it doesnt affect bsr terra
    and the buffs to WoL is not gonna be huge. or do you actually feel those puny 25 dp you get from Echo. cause i dont. -15 dp aint gonna do much either. and we already had puri for 10.
    its gonna be bigger in this forever evasion meta to use rmb for the evasion debuff.
    there is no dmg buff whatsoever. with that many fotm guardians it doesnt matter anyway. you already have like 20 dp, ap, acc, evasion, your mom debuffs on you at any given time

also think succ probably got the bigger buff from this. simply cause they rely on shieldchase alot more. + their cd on the 2nd and 3rd shield chase are super low compared to awak.

Muhaha likes this.
  4. Crytan

Crytan Targaryen Valkyrie 62 EU

Wait succession valk has lower CD on pre awakened shield chase 2 and 3 than awakened valk?! Or did I misunderstood sth?

5. woots

Because awak valk has an awak movement skill, and succ doesnt have anything "new", so yes, they lowered the CD once you learn prime shield chase

6. MtNariel

So for me, this is a huge buff for awakening but it's not up there with succession yet and it's buggy with the sword disappears after you do dlc backward and sc.

7. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

how is it buggy?
    if you press shift + S the whole time you go into shieldchase after the 2nd dash.
    if you release S you can spam dlc quiet fast backwards.
    havent had time to use it in pvp yet. but so far what i think could be really annoying is double blitz. since it activates even if you just keep pressing rmb. and the use of that kd... dont think it will see alot of playtime outside of the dmg

8. Crytan

Crytan Targaryen Valkyrie 62 EU

I have already opened a Ticket about This.
    If Shield Chase 3 is on CD and you Dash Backwards from awakening Into pre awakening (shield Dash 2 or 1) you have no longsword in your hand as Long as you hold s. Because of this you can Not use any pre awakening skill but shield chase. This interrupt some Combos, mostly PvP in pve i didn't even recgonized it.

9. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

Good changes! All awakening Valk needs now to be on par with Succ are:

1. Fg on pre awake shield throw
    2. Fg on basic terra(remove the bound) SA on the bsr version(keep the bound)

With these two changes (as a valkyrie player for almost 6 years) i think awakened Valkyrie would be in a good spot for the first time since the cc changes. But until then succ is still just flat out better.

Muhaha likes this.
  10. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Opinion:

Ehh, I play around a little bit with it.
    DLC changes ruin it for me, feel like theres the loss of quick kds from sharp light, floats from counter, using hot keyed Just Counter felt horrible and didn't work right, forced to burn a shield chase to proc just counter.
    Even droppin cel spear seemed worse, use to just dlc back, use counter/sharp light n such to cancel cel spear then c swap. The double dash back to do so, felt like awful. Using cel spear in awakening felt slow and resets the c swap cd, so you can't c swap right after. Even just burning a shield chase to use it or proc-ing shield throw after felt like it'd be a waste of a shield chase or leaves you too exposed. Can do promptness, but thats like the shield throw cancel, chaining unprotected skills in hopes you don't get screwed before you can proc qblock or a protection.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changes I'd like to see:

I'd rather see shield throw be an SA for awakening if anything.
    Remove CD reset on spammable skills.
    Remove C swap CD from Cel Spear.

Blitz stab's first hit have stiffness instead of knockback, or make knockback 0.7cc like stiffness is.
    Blitz stab's second hit be on a seperate CD, but when both are off cd, first hit always takes priority.
    Sacrum ferit's flow sped up a touch, like removing the slow mo/delay before the hit.
    Remove RMB counter from sacrum ferit, FG only on the first hit, remove the cc from the first hit. If you rmb sidestep into the second hit's stiffness/third hit's float its unprotected.
    Enslar be an iframe at the start of the skill/going into the air, SA when coming down/landing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reason:

Blitz/ferit's flow would work kinda like succ's shining/sharp light ~ Instead of DLC back into sharp light for a quick kd that goes into a FG, could do dlc back, quick ferit flow from hotkey, cancel into a protection like hasti. Or burn blitz first hit, shield chase into the second hit if it were to have seperate CDs.

RMB counter has always been shitty, may lose a CC, but it could make it easier to proc the evasion debuff, maybe even sneak in the sec hit's stiffness.

Removing the c swap cd from Cel Spear, solves the forced dash/double bs.

SA for shield throw would help FG recover during combat.

Removing the cd reset on spammable skill, mainly shield throw, sharp light, and counter. Would be a huge QoL that'd probably help the class work/flow better.

Enslar, would give us 1 legit iframe to actually utilize, even if its only on half of a skill. Landing would still have its same weaknesses/issues.
    Wouldn't change too much, if anything could balance the damage taken when doing the enslar>verdict flow. So you don't get chunked at the start, landing, and during the flow.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other:

As much as I'd love to see Terra with a protection, I'd rather see the class have better protected CCs to be able to utilize Terra better. Rather than forcing the class to be a 1 pump chump class. I wanna see Valk use her kit more than be another Guardian, that drops 1 protected skill and wins.

I'm sure there could be better ways than my suggestions, just figured i'd toss some out there. They're mainly to fix issues the buffs caused.
    Like Blitz could've been done better.
    DLC's change screwed other some combos/buffing/sneaky cc.
    Verdict's after enslar is chaining SA skills, iframe at the start could help balance the damage intake in mass pvp and work as a better disengage.
    Shield throw, CDs resetting, and RMB counter should've been changed long ago.

Just my thoughts and opinion though, like I said there are probably better ways of going about it. Just figured I'd toss some ideas out.

#50 Muhaha, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Netreiam, Fateneko and Kyraios like this.
  11. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

I do agree that there are a lot of things that have been ruined by adding backwards dlc, but i'm just so glad that they finally gave us protected shield chases. We've been asking for that since awakening came out! I'm hoping that the KR Valks(if there are any left) will update them about all the bugs that came with the dlc changes.

On the topic of the 1 skill = 1 kill, I would love to see terra sanctas damage be distributed to other skills if possible but for some reason they've got a hard on for buffing that skill. Which is why, if anything, adding a protection to it makes the most sense. In fact, i'd even be happy if they left the regular one unprotected but gave the bsr version SA. I just want a skill to use in big fights that does good damage without getting cc'd the moment i cast it.

Muhaha likes this.
  12. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I can agree, was super frustrating to constantly get cc'd when you go to do terra.
    Couldn't honestly say what would be the best way of helping with that, aside from a protection, but that would make some kids cry. It would be nice but could be a bit much, idk SA is pretty weak in group pvp.
    Only other thing i could think, if cel spear didn't reset c swap, they could speed up castigatio. If the delayed begining was removed, the first hit could be quickly used to fish for cc and canceled with qblock (kinda like Wave of Light). On cc, cel spear, cswap (if cd was removed from cel spear), terra. If crit buff is up, terra flows pretty well with casti, could quickly slap 1 hit, then terra off that hit into hasti or somethin. Awakening has a lot of potential, just feels like its constantly cucked by the devs.

13. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

first of all if you want good dmg in blobfights they should rather make spear and promptness sa. cause without crtibuff you still deal noodle dmg.
    its always either risk it or deal no dmg. no other class has this bs

14. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

i see the problem now yea damn. hope the fix this ****
    i thought you somehow wre stuck in awak