1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Warrior Changes

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Distaken, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

With the recent PvP "Balance" changes I had been expecting a detailed PvP rework, instead there was just an increase of damage all around with awakened warrior also receiving stupid damage buffs. While it likely won't end up anywhere, I as a veteran and knowledgeable warrior would like to share my thoughts on how awakened warrior should be handled starting with recommended buffs then nerfs. I would hope that should these changes be applied, that other classes also received things. Some skills receive nerfs and buffs but are a net buff. If you are unfamiliar with some skills look up BDOcodex skill calculator. Here is a list of my recommended skill changes. These may be changing as I come to consensus with wowior brethren. Buffs:
    • Meditation: Change cooldown to 40 seconds. Make the HP burn and WP Recovery effects that increase per skill level-up inversed. Meaning at max level you will burn the least amount of HP (~60 per sec) and recover the least amount of WP (40+ lv. = ~100WP per sec). Make this skill give +999DP while in use and apply Super Armor while in use. Make this skill unable to be used, and stop being used once the player reaches full WP or gets to low HP. This all means that the skill will be able to be used for ~5 seconds on average assuming the player lets their WP get low. OR just make it into a regular self PA that lasts for 5 seconds and keeps you in a stationary SA. (The other option seemed very easy for PA to implement without changing any actual animation which is why I suggested it)
    • Guard: Remove the stamina cost while walking in guard stance
    • Evasion: Add Iframe. Add 5 second cooldown. Make this skill an animation cancel.
    • Frenzied Dash: Remove wind-up animation. Remove all CCs. Add a stamina cost of 500. Allow movement to be used 3 times in a row without hitting a target. Allow this skill to swap your character from Awakening to Preawakening. Add Super Armor for the entire skill. Make this skill non-cancellable. Make this skill unable to be turned with camera movement (you must go in your one frenzied direction)
    • War Cry: Change DP Debuff to AP self buff that stacks with other AP buffs and is also applied to allies.
    • Take Down: Change the -5% accuracy debuff to -5% evasion debuff.
    • Instant Grapple: Change cooldown to 16 seconds. Make grab super armor while used with passive. Essentially every other grab will be super armor or 1 SA grab every 16 seconds.
    • Shield Tide: Apply Super Armor for the entire skill rather than only the first hit. Reduce cooldown to 8 seconds.
    • Reckless Blow: Make this skill entirely Super Armor from start to finish and while charging. Fix damage bug. Remove down attack modifier.
    • Fitness Training: Change the DP Passive to scale. Instead of +10DP and +210HP at max (Lv. 63) change it to +10% of your total DR and +210 HP Recovery.
    • Chopping Kick: Decrease cooldown by 1 second at Absolute.
    • Headchase: Change cooldown to 3 seconds. Add 1 more level to Headchase with its own individual cooldown. The first level will be Headchase I with iframe and a 3 second cooldown. The second level will be Headchase II with super armor and a 9 second cooldown. [NOTE: Headchase would still be available even if both are on cooldown but it would be unprotected]

Nerfs:
    • Reduce Awakening PvP skill damage by ~20-30% for PvP (Excluding Reckless Blow)
    • Ground Smash: Remove the -40% movement speed debuff.
    • Gravedigging: Reduce -30% Attack/Cast/Movement Speed slow to -20%.
    • Solar Flare: Remove Stiffness. Add Stamina cost of 200. Remove the Pseudo-Iframe. Increase the cooldown to 6 seconds.
    • Pulverize: Change Down Smash to only be applied with Black Spirit Rage.
    • Slashing The Dead: Increase cooldown to 7 seconds
    • Greatsword Defense: Remove +26AP self buff
    • Absolute Counter: Reduce damage by ~20%. Remove Forward Guard
    • Shield Charge: Add Stamina cost of 100.
    • Upper Shield Strike: Increase cooldown to 7 seconds. BUG: Fix the issue where using this skill along with Chopping Kick and Heavy Strike allows you to repeatedly cast Chopping Kick instantly until your stamina depletes.
    Change:
    • Charging Thrust: Increase cooldown to 8 seconds. Fix protection gaps and apply forward guard throughout the entire skill of Charging Thrust and Double Charging Thrust. Remove the kicking animation.
    I'd love to hear more opinions on it as some warriors seem to think this is too harsh and more of a heavy nerf than a balance/buff. If you have any questions on the reasoning for a suggested change just ask :D

#1 Distaken, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Elnyr and Jinoro like this.
  2. TheLichKingZeyd

That's a hell no from me fam, at this point you're making a new class
    and I'm sure a lot of players including my self would quit if any of these changes came to happen

Tolmos, Akantorian and Bestkk like this.
  3. TheLichKingZeyd

I'd rather kill my self than support these changes at this point you're making a mystic or striker

Akantorian likes this.
  4. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Nah, slowing solar flare isn't enough to make warrior a mystic/striker. Solar flare is an OP skill. A lot of the community knows this but many warriors refuse to admit it. Warrior's slows are also pretty stupid. Like ground smash, a skill with a 10 second cooldown that is an AoE, has super armor, CC, does good damage, AND a -40% movement speed debuff. That's clearly too much for a skill. I think in general in BDO classes shouldn't have anything higher than a -30% speed debuff and that should probably be reserved for classes like witch/wizard/shai. Removing the insane slow on ground smash which makes it practically impossible to PvP for 10 seconds would be a good balance. Warrior's slows, solar flare, and now his damage are all admittedly OP. Where warrior is lacking though is in protection, we essentially have 4 SA skills and an iframe that hardly works. A change like this would make warrior actually more viable in group PvP because he could engage properly with charging thrust and disengage with frenzied dash + hed have some SA to do while in the fight. If anything this extra protection will make warrior more mobile because with chopping kick cd reduced and us having some protected awakened movement we would be able to move and reposition without immediately dying. I honestly think these changes are more on the side of being too much and it totally baffles me that so many warriors think this would be a hard nerf. I think a lot of warrior just don't understand the class in depth or dont have high end mechanical knowledge to maybe be able to survive if their opponent isnt as slow as molasses and ready to be solar flare>grabbed.

Jinoro likes this.
  5. TheLichKingZeyd

when did I even mention solar flare and btw I'm pretty sure Mystic has a slow too
    basically the buffs aren't that appealing to me
    you basically changing the strengths and weaknesses of the class
    you turning the class into something that it basically isn't

Dehor and Akantorian like this.
  6. TheLichKingZeyd

also who the hell use solar into grab nowadays , you'll literally get punished if you play against a player that is anything other than a push over

Tolmos and Akantorian like this.
  7. Xenxix

Warrior main? U prob rerolled from warrior long time ago. And now u realise warrior got some damage love but cant go back because reroll coupons are gone. Now u try to act 'i'm warrior main' and want to nerf it to the ground... Nice try Guardian. Now atleast I can get some kills while slashing or digging in rbf and die with some people going with me instead of people that just tanks gd/slashing and laugh at it because it tickles. Now people actually try to avoid us when we using that grave digger or slashing... Solar flare op? It was maybe op in the old LSA days but now its unprotected engage its quick yes but experienced pvp players can easily punish that yet u want to nerf it. U sure are not a warrior main anymore thats for sure a BIG down vote for this fairytail.

#7 Xenxix, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Dehor, Tolmos, Akantorian and 2 others like this.
  8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Actually a warrior main since the beta and never played anything besides warrior lmao. The damage is stupid atm. Grab>Gravedigging is a viable "combo" now. Gravedigging alone does 60-80% of peoples HP. Idk why some warriors wont admit its OP for a skill like gravedigging which is SA, AoE, and has a -30% all speeds debuff and now ALSO can take 60-80% of someones HP. All I want is for them to balance the things that are OP on warrior and fix our lack of protection. Us not having enough protection is what makes group PvP just so impossible for us, no matter how skilled you are as a warrior you'll never compete with other classes when you can't engage or disengage and have no protected movement.

FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  9. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Oh I was talking about what you had said on discord. Idk why you think this would make warrior mystic when it is hardly even a movement change aside from us getting more protected movement. Just because warrior has slows and mystic has slows and I guess they would also both have a self PA doesnt mean that warrior is mystic??

Jinoro likes this.
  10. TheLichKingZeyd

at some point when everyone disagrees with you on discord you should reconsider whether anyone but you wants these changes
    to be honest sometimes I wonde you really are warrior or you rerolled sometime ago and now came back after the buff but you can't enjoy the class because you're too used to the play style of other classes , if you really like these changes I would humbly recommend mystic , gruardian or striker
    and I didn't mean any offense by saying anything that said and with due respect I'll agree to disagree you're great person and all from what noticed but I just can't support this it's too much , just too many changes that are really not good in the end , nothing that any of the warriors desire , makes the class easier and different

#10 TheLichKingZeyd, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Akantorian, Souda and Xenxix like this.
  11. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Nah never played anything besides warrior. 62.5 warrior is my highest leveled class. My second highest leveled? Another warrior at 60.5 lol. I never quit warrior but I did quit BDO. I'm not exactly back but play a bit, mostly afk now. I had been considering changes like these for months and months, long before warrior was changed and from before I quit. I figured though that with the way they incorrectly changed warrior I ought to give my opinion as warrior vet and at a point I'd say a top warrior at least on NA despite being usually sub 50 fps and having... unfortunate ping...We discussed this a lot and I think I don't believe these buffs would make warrior a bad class but he would be different in a way that may be too much. I still think the slows absolutely need to be toned down and protection increased by some amount but considering like every warrior hates the idea of solar flare being slowed I guess means I should reconsider that. I'll probably change a few things then see what the general perception of it is though. I think the main issue is finding a spot where highly skilled warriors can thrive like other classes while staying in a spot where complete noobs arent able to do okay. I'm not sure that PA cares about noobs being able to be great in PvP if they play the right class but that isn't something I want brought to warrior.

Jinoro likes this.
  12. Artorias_Dusk

Almost every class is op now. Why nerf warrior to the ground? I don't want to be the shitclass for another year or 2.

Souda, TheLichKingZeyd and Xenxix like this.
  13. Spartakatz

you might not be aware that awaken warrior trials can currently kill full pen armor very easily. vs other trials it's a literal 1shot. and you are asking for buffs? HAHAHA

what about: no buffs at all. but some heavy nerfs.

Elnyr likes this.
  14. TheLichKingZeyd

I would assume you're a sorc since you made such false bold claims without providing any proof, I would say anyone that plays sorc or guardian shouldn't have any right to speak about balance in my humble opinion

Dehor and Akantorian like this.
  15. Spartakatz

playing a couple of classes. succ sorc was busted too and a nerf was deserved.
    I wonder why all the BDO kids are so heavy class fanboys and can't just talk about classes in a normal way, you must be blind or ignorant to see those things.

atm, several classes are beyond disgusting, awa warrior, succ wiz, guardian and succ dk are the most extreme of those.

Wollbert likes this.
  16. Akantorian

Before talking about classes "in a normal way" as you suggest you frst need some knowledge on them, I dont think you have so yeah.
    Next.

Dehor likes this.
  17. Akantorian

Some other trial classes can kill full pen players with no issue and that doesnt mean that theyre op in any way.

18. Myntiix

We should just delete warrior from the game. All of the cancels... yada yada such a broken class.
    You never know what hes doing.

19. Akantorian

hOOKY HOOK baity BAIt

20. Myntiix