1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response reconnecting

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Xym, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Xym

Xym

I am not sure when this new? reconnecting thing was implemented but I just started seeing in last week or so. It is crap. it has never reconnected me. At least, put in a exit to desktop button on the reconnect popup. I always have to open the task manager to close BDO.

If you are going to put in crap that don't work, at least let me exit your game.

Pook600 likes this.
  2. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hi there.

I'll forward on your suggestion, and I do recommend running the steps here and here to try avoid future connection troubles.

3. AssKetchup

Did you fix it bro? I need help

4. ZERO 4

I have the same problem

5. Izarus

same here. never reconnected me and my internet works.

6. marthylooper

jup same problem here, have tried everything to fix but nothing works and internet is fine.

7. Rav3n

Same problem. Only happens when I'm at marketplace or idle at storage... so far at least. It's bloody annoying.

8. GM Arcana

Game Master

Hey there! If you have tried the steps outlined by GM Kaioken by clicking here and here and are still having an issue, can you please submit a ticket here so that we can look into this further?

Have a nice day.

9. Alagare

That shitty thing never works

10. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

Ah yes, that's because it's rng my friend. A 0.00001 percent chance to reconnect. This is BDO after all. Everything is rng.

11. GM Kaioken

Game Master

If your connection issues have persisted, please send a ticket here. We'll do our best to help you out as soon as possible.

Additionally, I recommend attaching a WinMTR log file in the ticket so we can have a look through that, and perhaps trying a router/modem power cycle.

12. Alagare

also have never worked for me

13. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Send us a ticket using this link and we'll look into things for you. :)

14. Blarney77

Same issue here... I can only get a character logged into the active game for about 20 to 45 seconds before I see NPCs suddenly not moving or reacting. b Then I get the reconnecting screen. At TIMES it reconnects, briefly, but usually I have to close it and restart. It will sit indefinitely counting seconds since disconnect.

.....OKAY... Your response to others here is NO DANG GOOD!! Sorry (NOTE: Caps are for HIGHLIGHTING and stressing, I'm not yelling.)
    .....Why? Well, for one thing my network is VERY stable as is my computer!!
    .....How do I know? Well...
    .....I have voice software like Skype and Discord and Blizz Chat that have been open and running at the same time with no issues. (Not all three at the same time!) Those usually get disconnected before the game shows a problem when it's a hardware or ISP issue.
    .....No other game has an issue with connecting. I have deleted the Cache, Version.dat and Service.ini and verified files. I have gone through many steps outlined in several posts about this problem (NOT BDO GM posts... )
    .....YOUR posts all refer to checking MY modem and router and they are NOT the issue or everything would be having this trouble.
    .....OFTEN I can run my NON-Steam account with no issue but the Steam Version has issues. Like tonight.
    .....For some reason this happens from time to time normally after a patch, often after a large patch. There is something going on wrong with game files and I REALLY don't want to have to download everything again and reinstall. That HAS corrected the problem in the past. Verifying games files does not fix. I do have a data limit and BDO is not small, so I would rather try something besides reinstalling.
    .....Please tell me what other game files could be causing this and I can check this out. I'm a LONG TIME tech and IT guy and my hardware is not the problem. Funny thing is that it ran fine earlier today but now, during peak hours, it's having the reconnect issues again! I have excellent internet service and have verified no one else in the house has a problem, I'm ethernet connected, 300mbits, even on a DOCSIS 3.1 modem.
    .....I believe there are many more with this issue from many of the posts I have read in the last couple of weeks.
    .....Can this be a game server problem? Could the game servers be seeing my login as improper and disconnecting me? Possibly some file issue sending incorrect security? Just a thought.

((20 Mins Later)) UPDATE! NOW BOTH BDO ACCOUNTS are Reconnecting. I have run Elite Dangerous and Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 with ZERO issues. GUYS... it;s YOUR SERVERS! Other Games, Streaming TV, Voice and Video Sharing are working with no problems. It's NOT me! NOT my ISP.
    I have to go with the level of activity on your servers is related to these reconnect issues as I was connected just fine earlier today.

#14 Blarney77, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    BulgarianGuy likes this.