1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by *No*Skill*Newbie*, Oct 27, 2018.

1. *No*Skill*Newbie*

Make all of their characters red. Karma should be account wide to penalize these players. I am tired of red players going out of their way to kill people. Several days in a row I've been killed on my fishing boat by red players on an Epheria Sailboat. There is zero chance of escaping them on the fishing boat as well. Spent almost two hours hot spotting to have half my inventory and boat destroyed.

If karma was account wide people would think twice before doing bad things. That or actually give us a PvE server. There are people who enjoy this game but do not enjoy PvP at all. Forcing people to stay at 49 to avoid PvP is limiting their game and not a good answer.

Ventesa, DaveH and DiaborMagics like this.
  2. Dreadhood

Dreadhood Musa 61 EU

Honestly, considering how awful it is to be red karma, i would let those brave souls to have some fun.

TMQ, Vunak, Luxea and 3 others like this.
  3. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Lahn 61 EU

PvE servers +1

Ventesa and elephantgrey like this.
  4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

I'm still getting those flashbacks from AION where I've first time encounter people like you. You all deserved what you receive. You just "want" a best available content but don't want to fight for it. There is no penalty for you and yet you crying. Right now i'm really hope PA will add " jail" PVE server for people like you - 20 players for 1 gazah spot - hell yeah.

Foxens and AZzalor like this.
  5. Corrus

Make a fishing toon ~49 what's the problem.

Sangzo, Luxea, Foxens and 1 other person like this.
  6. DiaborMagics

He's not grinding, but on a sailboat. Fighting for spots is fine, the defenseless getting attacked really isn't. If you're just sailing/fishing/riding your horse, there is no reason WHATSOEVER for you to die. Awakening made the level 49 restriction outdated (if you awaken a char and then don't like the combat so you make them a lifeskiller, you're outta luck).

Grinding is not the only thing the game has to offer.

7. Beeso

This topic reminds me of..

8. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Nobody forced him to move out of the safezone to go fish on a boat. Going to the more lucrative places of course also brings more risk with it and that is the same for grinding as well as lifeskilling.

Skarrlette, Luxea and Slytrix like this.
  9. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 1 NA

Why? just git gud instead and teach them a lesson. What a nerd

10. *No*Skill*Newbie*

I was in a fishing boat with the closest land a good 20 minutes away. The players went out of their way to ruin someone else's day. It wasn't like we were fighting over a hot spot. I was in between sailing to the next. I shouldn't have to fight to be able to enjoy content. They made a PvP server with bonus rewards. There should be a PvE server.

Also how is there no penalty for me? I lost over 12m in fish(half my inventory) and had to swim to port. Where I had to repair me boat.

I have inventory slots on my main character I play? Why would I not want to use the character with the most slots.

How hard is to kill someone not wearing armor? Seriously people out fishing aren't wearing their armor. They are wearing fishing gear.

Ventesa likes this.
  11. Jaeger

African pirates would laugh about this xD

Sangzo likes this.
  12. Asterotis

[​IMG]

13. DiaborMagics

Well, we disagree there. Why should you get killed when you can't defend yourself? Let's not even get into why I think anyone could think it 'fun' to kill someone who cannot fight back at all. Killing AFKers, fishers, etc, is just cowardly imo. Defending a grindspot and going outside of a safe zone for lifeskilling are 2 entirely different things - besides, farming cannot even be done in safezones, it's not allowed. My farmer got attacked a few times for no good reason. Sure, I switched to my main and killed them, but it should not be necessary, it's just bs hassle you should not have to deal with.

There is a PvP server - sure, implemented poorly and no ones uses it - but I really think we need a PvE server, or at the very least better protection for those not interested in PvP. Like raising of that very outdated 49 cap.
    (and some people would throw the 'if you don't like PvP, this game is not for you' excuse, but this game has so much to offer that other games do not outside of PvP, that that excuse is laughable at best. It's more an AFK game than a PvP/PvE game as well, if you really look at it).

14. Joungf

If more Player asking for a PvE server, maybe PA will add one. Back in days many PvPer asked for a PvP server and PA give in and added one.

15. Rayin

Probably they were at War with your guild and you jumped on the easiest train which is negative karma player to fuel some more the hate towards PvP in a PvX game?

16. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

You know, this games pvp is not only about the direct combat, but also the gearing process. People gear up to get and adventage in pvp.
    So, trying to stop someone else from progressing (for example killing them afk fishing), is another way to do pvp, but with a different goal in mind. Instead of just "winning", they want to slow down the progression of others so they can keep their strength and have less competitors.

The good thing about this game is exactly that, the freedom to do things, no matter if they are, morally speaking, right or wrong.
    And as many people already said, you have the choice to just have an alt char that stays below lvl49 and thus can't be killed.

That's also a reason why i really loved the "eve online mentality": Only fly what you can afford to lose.

Luxea and Slytrix like this.
  17. elephantgrey

They should rework the karma system so that instead of inflicting penalties on pkers, give a ap/dp buff to those who are pked.

This would stop the penalties for defending your spot, while stopping lifeskillers from being trolled repeatedly.
    That or just move all the red players to asura channel.

Re: the argument that you should stay 49 to lifeskill, this would be fine if they removed the unnecessary restrictions on lifeskill quests/buffs.

Luxea likes this.
  18. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

I still wear armor because idgaf about fishing exp and have base +5 fishing without outfits or costumes.

Just make a fishing alt. You don't have to fish on your main.

19. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Where do you guys find all these red players? I got to grind spots on arsha, find whoever's in the rotation and go "sup?" And 80% of the time they go "Buffs done in X mins"...

Rest of the time I mostly get some harcore cussing and swearing directed at me with the occasional "please don't kill me"...

Yet I almost never randomly get ganked....

Sometimes I'll get the random 1v1 request or party invite regardless on the channel I'm in.... what servers do you guys hang at where all this ganking happens?

20. The_Lord

'' There are people who enjoy this game but do not enjoy PvP at all '' well that's your issue , PvP is a big part of the game and you should have known that before you started playing , but you chose to play it anyway and now you complain about it. The main reason to play is for progression , making money to gear up for pvp .. so why should the game change just because you don't like it ?? Yes there are plenty of people who don't pvp in BDO even tho it's a '' pvp '' game. You can still play and enjoy the game without pvp but complaining about it like that and saying what you said about pve servers and account wide karma is really selfish and stupid.

Slytrix likes this.