1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reduce ranged damage VS blocks

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BboydD, Jul 8, 2019.

1. BboydD

blocks are OK until 261 ap after this, a 269+ ap archer,ranger,witch will litteraly blow it up in 1-2 spell (2-4 for valk block ) and let you naked vs ranged CC .

Itan86 and Hekki like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

How about we drastically increased the CD and resource costs, on all Melees gap closers, and mobility movement skills? Any takers?

I find it pretty broken that classes have SA and protections on grabs, engages, and movement abilities on very short cooldowns. While all but one Ranged class don't.

Hmm, you know what I'll happily trade a bit of damage for being a ranged class. If melees have the trades cooldowns and protection on engages and grab movement abilities.

3. BboydD

None grab is still protected except on zerk and striker preawak on sucessufull grab. Not all classes have full time protected mouvement, warrior, zerker(but he has ranged cc and lava piercer which is very good) and valk don't. Lahn, striker mystic can dash in full sa. Lahn and tamer have the most broken grab in the game and a lot of SA/iframes in their dashes. Why isn't it the same for all melee classes?

4. 2Cents

Somehow I get the impression you could CC/instant destroy 1,000 opponents and not see any issue with it, but when you lose a few fights to taking dmg while in block there is a problem.

Bob2009, Averdun and Fearless V like this.
  5. Biishope ☯

Because some class got tools that Lahn and tamer do not have ?
    As Lahn player I would glady have a working FG. Not that white heron working 1/3 of the time.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. Artorias_Dusk

Block is ****, he is right. In NWs, your block melts by every little hit from a ranged attacker and you stand there defenseless. Block needs a buff. And warrior as example has NO protected grab, grab is only good for 1vs1, it means certain death in NWs and largescale.

BboydD likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

successfully blocking few successive attacks is more than enough to cave someones skull in in 1v1.

and if blocks get melted by multiple people range attacking you - it is working as intended.

8. Hekki

Question is what block. Shield is supposed to take all ranged attacks. So it does not work as intended.

As you can see even wood shield can not be destroyed by arrows and even if puncture the hand it is not lethal damage and does not interrupt blocking. Shield block should have no limit and should never go down from ranged attacks.

Artorias_Dusk likes this.
  9. BboydD

An archer 269 can literally one hit valk shiel for example with his shift RMB , ranger too with her shotgun, she needs higher ap of course (280+). So ranger is OK because she don't have same ranger as archer which can destroy you over the map and inflict CC with this broken range. Just look what happened in RBF or in BA.

#9 BboydD, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I didn't see any shot empowered with magic?? Fake clip, bad example.

The valk must have some really low DP then tho. On my gear level (570+) I can assure you that I can't kill a valks block with a full range damage combo. Ranger should not be compared to archer here since ranger has a grab and can play around blocks, archer can't.

11. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Lul, at 580gs, 316dp, my block is 1 shot by archers, rangers just need to spam shotgun like 2-3 times.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Idk the ap of the archer hitting you. I was referring to 269 ap archer not being able to one shot valks block at ~309 dp. I recorded a clip months ago when the topic was relevant, gonna try to record another one.

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

@BboydD Don't be throwing tamer under the bus when she's got the weakest defense in-game and none of the mobility or stealth her closest two melee classes share.

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

@Muhaha
    https://streamable.com/ap2wm

Valk is 316 DP, I am 273//269 AP with 2x RCE. I didn't know he had church buffs and next church was too far away but I guess it's clear that it's far away from 1 shot the valks block.

15. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

When i see my guildie, i'll ask his ap and what skills hes using, because it literally happened yesterday. What are your offhand gems btw?

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Corrupted magical crystals.
    The skills as you can see are luthraghon, light's trail, smite and the block is still not gone, only the piercing light kills the block and does some damage.
    Or I need 2 luthraghons, light's trail and 1 smite to kill the block without touching the hp.

17. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Hmm... I could be wrong, guildie i talked to said he doesn't think it was him, it could've been someone else. But I was in block, it got hit by an arrow or two, then hit by a big ass slow arrow and my block was gone. Either i got hit by something else at the exact same time when no one was around or somethin.
    Thing is, It wouldn't be the first time my block has disappeared after being hit by an archer's big ass arrow.
    But shiet, if I'm wrong, I'll accept it, might just be my bad.
    If that valk was running special attack evasion, and had some PEN armor (extra DR/hidden DR), could be it? Idk. I don't have any PEN armor or special attack evasion, been using hooms.
    (haven't done any pvp post patch, but i doubt they changed block, i know they fixed a bug and added resistance to DLC, which still isn't mentioned in patch notes.)

Does the big ass slow arrow gain damage over distance?

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I didn't ask about the crystals, can do later. I am also quite sure he has no pens, just lvl 4 caphras and 2x narcs, I can be wrong tho, gonna ask that as well.

The slow arrow does not gain any damage over distance but it's 50% bsr can do a lot of damage yes since it become 3 arrows. The chance to hit that is usually very low since it can be dodged easily and it's affected by terrain a lot.

Muhaha likes this.
  19. Averdun

Archer is one reason people are shouting and up in arms about, future classes not being ranged. This class has put the fear of Kamasilvia in all block classes.

Fateneko and Muhaha like this.
  20. Ama83

Why archer or ranger fast die on one skill or combo(230ap+) at 296dp.. stupid logic, nerf all.

BDO dont have balance

some classes counter others

Nerf dp tanks builds
    Nerf evasion builds
    Nerf high ap/ glass cannon class
    Nerf high GS players because are p2w or no life and destroy everything

If u dont like stop play or change class, PA every few month nerfing and boosting.

#20 Ama83, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019