1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reduce ranged damage VS blocks

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BboydD, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

HAHAHAH damn straight savage

Rilok likes this.
  2. Hekki

I do not ask what to do. I say what work wrong in this game. Fact AP does not counter AP is just wrong design. Fact the arrow can shield is just an absurd.
    Caphras give some evasion, so what? It is easy to stack accuracy without lose AP.
    Again, fantasy does not means absurds as you say.

3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

You don't have the knowledge nor the xp to say what's wrong nor did you reach any decent gear level to understand the balance.

Ok???....

No?

The only fantasy I see here is your "knowledge".

4. Brakelon

Aint warriors and a specialy valks, have magical shields ?

5. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

are we talking about realism? what do you think a valk is gonna do with a cavalry showfight only weapon as awakening?
    why warrior can block with his big useless sword without a guardpole or something like this. why the 2 classes can move faster than every range class?

Ama83 and Rilok like this.
  6. BboydD

Faster but unprotected vs cc bots

7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

people are normally called bots if they collect every cc possible, like stamps for your stampbook.

8. Hekki

That is the reason I droped my Valk. I hate this idiotic awakening. I have hope tradition mode will fix it...
    I do not know, ask devs. But warrior use plate armor so you should not be able to penetrate his armor anyway. Plate armor does not restrict moves as you think. It is also not that heavy, at last not for trained person. Opposite is the war bow. It is a heavy thing and great number of arrows even more. Be able to move during shoting is stupid, runing even more.

9. Boojangles

spamming shotgun in general is a terrible idea. Its got long animations and is very unsafe. IF you cant snake a cc in, then there is more a problem with Valk skills than ranger damage. As a ranger I do notice Valks tend to be easy though. They seem easy to evade.

Muhaha likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

realism is nonexistent in this game. people BLOCK earthquake hits, EVADE water that is around them already engulfing them, PREVENT huge balls of already materialized fire hitting ground because butterfly touched its caster....

Rilok and Ama83 like this.
  11. Nyhver

yes you can penetrate plate armor and it doesn't get past the 360 "block with a sword" even if it were true

also i'm all for more realism in BDO

I say this as a very biased maehwa main

and we all know spear was OP AF IRL so you're all doomed even if i only have 200GS

it'd be like a more geared peasant with a spear meming you all

and there isn't anything you can do about it

except ranged me to death

bows/crossbows were op irl too

12. Hekki

Spear like every other weapons had troubles with penetrate armors. Opposite to this stupid game, fights in medieval europe was long. Mostly based on searching weak spot or crush enemy with something heavy like axe/blunt or on fatigue. Obviously spear was one of the beast weapons. Hovever most common was one handed weapons with shields because it was most universal. Ofc, spear also can be used with shield but it was heavy, mostly first line units used this. Also, spear give more range what is important.

Here you can see longbow vs good quality plate... not even scratch:

Bows vs chain mail doing better. But..still not lethal damage. While rusted plate even if can be penetrated does not allow for serious wounds:

Next chain mail:

Not only metal armor give decent protection:

And yes, spear doing better:

This one shooting in this game is something completely opposite to irl fights. It is just sad...

13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye bro this game is so unrealistic, completely destroyed my immersion

14. Nyhver

nah dude you're memeing me

these are good thorough videos but a lot of these videos run into test issues instead of being encompassing, (partially due to cost, e.g. of replacing it with another piece of the exact armor + more weapons) he used a early Norman version sword roughly which has a more rounded tip compared to the later medieval versions, his spear was a 1 handed, (albeit good stabs) instead of halberd/2 handed spear versions, didn't attempt half-swording

I don't see multiple bodkin tips and afaik there was more than just the 1-2 bodkin versions, more heavy versions, and I'm aware 'heavier' makes it slow down for less energy , but do we definitely know that vs. most/all mail/plate that it makes no difference or it's even worse?

I don't see the 150+ draw weights on the bows either but 100 is a good start

1h/shield was used a lot but it was discarded later, the 1h/ hand a half / 2h swords ended up being more popular around the middle/late medieval ages because plate armor was good and you covered all basic of range + precision + blunt trauma + grapping needs to end someone rightly with a proper sword, whether 1h, 2h or in between

spears refers to all spears not just the shield + spear version which sacrifices range/power

anyways point is buff maehwa nerf all other classes

15. Hekki

I understand this test does not cover full spectrum like weak spot. But weak spot is not easy to hit during fight.

2h weapons are obviously more effective. But no shield is also the weaknes. But yest, because of upraged armors of heavy cavalery it was necessery. But still some heavy armors was good enought to resist firearms, but this armors was so heavy it was neccesery to sacrifice back plate.

Well... I guess the game need completly overhaul and after that balance each classes. And in maehwa case I agree she should get buff. But I do not agree all other classes should get nerf. There is realy need deeper changes in base game.

Btw. earlier you said about crossbow:

16. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

This seems more right.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Imagine being that retarded thinking if a fully heavy plated class moves faster than anyone with a light armor is completely fine and if they one shot it's fine too but IF they SUDDENLY take damage that's a nono! lol...

18. Artorias_Dusk

No reason here to bash only Archers. Our block is useless against everyone. 1vs1: melts in 2sec. Larce scale pvp: melts 1shot from a guy hiding somewhere 10m away
    The problem is, they never updated the skills. Back then people had like 200AP and the skills were fine. But now where most people have 261-280, these skills need to be fixed.

Rilok likes this.
  19. dobe

I dont agree,the real balance here is full caphrased pen & and full pen acc.If the balance is ap monkey(because this is what devs want,only ap monkey) with something like 300 ap & ~370dp than it means your 350 dp is barely on part with the top eu/na current user AP.And to be considered a tank you have to go on 430 dp+.
    And yeah Ap monkey toilet flush cause you cant be successfull with 230 ap full accu VS full caphrased eva cause you get hard counter with only the DR from armor, max accu vs max eva is 602 accu with 239 ap for 832 eva which is ~5% hitrate loss without counting buff/debuff 239 ap vs full caphrased no need to explain how hard it fail.
    Devs failed hard the day they implemented AP bonus without smashing together AP and Accuracy for the attack power,like it was for DP (eva+dr)since the begining of the game,and calculating afterwards the bracket bonus.

20. Malkontent

This dude needs to go play mordhau. I'll never understand why people pick up a game and then bash the game because it's not a different game. @Hekki nobody wants your reality simulator here and nobody cares whether an arrow will or wont shoot through plate.

Ama83 and Rilok like this.