1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Refund ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RuleR, May 10, 2018.

1. RuleR

I'm curious if there are any players that recovered some of the money invested in this game, by legal means and with solid proof that they have been lied and misled.

Basically what I'm referring to is cases like:
    -Officially stating classes won't be nerfed, they got nerfed
    -Officially stating some items won't end up in the Pearl Shop, they are there currently.
    -Multiple announced patches/reverted and so on.

Pretty much I'm willing to terminate\delete my account, but I want some of my money back since I considered them to be a long term investment.
    For example I purchased a tent, but due to the recent state of the game, I want a partial refund.

2. Corophina

Stop whine about the changes (propably a mystic/warrior/valk player) , just wait what they will do in the next comeing patches and stop be a crybaby if you wanna quit ,quit.

3. ChoeChoeTrain

Lol time out. When did they say that they wouldn't nerf certain classes? And what items did they put in the pearl shop?

4. RuleR

Before the nerf of DK.
    There was an official statement in one of the patch notes or letter that no classes will be nerfed, instead they will change the other classes to be on par with them.
    When they realised that's not possible, they "apologised" for it and said nerfs are required.
    In pearl shop ? Kama blessing for example.

5. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Source?

6. RuleR

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/dev-diary-2.127196/
    "Before going into detail, I would like to mention that balancing classes will be an ongoing process with fixes, buffs, and nerfs here and there. Previously, we avoided nerfing classes, instead choosing to buff others. We realized, however, that we were taking the wrong approach and a stubborn stance."
    There's also somewhere the statement that classes will not be nerfed, can't really find.
    Well it's pretty much to imposible to get a refund anyway, I did find some remote cases on reddit, but they weren't on EU or purchases have been done via Paypal.
    Point is it would be very hard to build a legal case and not worth the effort.
    Pitty.
    They would deserve it.

7. Megta

Megta Archer EU

No source = no evidence = no case = no refund!

"I think they said" is no evidence.

8. GM Lithium

Game Master

Hello @RuleR

I understand your concerns about the latest changes and would like to thank you for getting in contact regarding this.

I would like to remind that there have been incremental changes since the Dev Diary that was made public on 20 April, for which you can find here. We understand the frustration some players are having with the changes, and the team is working non-stop, between collating feedback from players and working on the changes. Please know there are future patches to come in regards to this.

However, I would like to point out article 6 of our Terms of Use:

"The non-payment or the retraction of a payment for a Game License or for Kakao Cash, for instance with a chargeback, shall qualify as a Default allowing Kakao Games Europe, without prior notice, to immediately suspend the provision of all Services to the User on all User Accounts owned by the User without terminating User’s payment obligations. "

In regards to partial refunds, you can look at our Pearl Refund Policy, which you can find on our Knowledge Base:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210749709-Pearl-item-refund-Policy

Angarato and Jannanomana like this.
  9. SicketySix

I was wondering when someone would start asking for lawsuits.

Really dude, wtf?

10. RuleR

@GM Lithium

You guys have ginormous balls, I'll give you that much.

After 2 years of game development, all of the sudden, game needs a massive change because you care about us and want us to have the best and balanced experience in BDO.
    Truth is, you cannot sell your product as it is on the console market, so with that reason you need to revamp the game and make so simple that any 12 year old with a controller can play the game.

But the reason why so many of us are infuriated is the way this is done.
    You withdraw massive content like Driegan, Lahn or Caphras stones with months, yet we get these garbage updates that nobody wants from day 1 and use us as BETA Testers.

11. Angarato

actually unless you play a wizard or a witch. you actually need to think more now in pvp. not just jump in like a silly monkey with lingering SA and be fully protected 247.