1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refusing to add new menu fuctions to old UI is not how to convince use new one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AtomicPotato, Aug 5, 2020.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

So add 1 tile is hard work for PA it seems, guess because godlike console nobles doesn't need it, so does PC plebs aswell ?

2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

So what exactly is the problem?

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  3. AtomicPotato

upload_2020-8-5_17-31-50.png
    Instead of this, they can just add 1 tile.
    In general, console crap on PC is the problem.

Floatnhi, Eryola and Thugarin like this.
  4. Ned Sheynji

Time to learn the new UI.

5. AtomicPotato

Why would i use literately garbage made for consoles that not only look like a piece of crap, but also require more clicks to use same functions.

Yumine, LeMiau, Arreyanne and 11 others like this.
  6. Ned Sheynji

Because they cant keep updating outdated systems because of special snowflakes like you?
    Just let it go already. Its objectively better in every way possible.

7. woots

really sad they doesnt also update the "pc UI" since i think its about the esc menu.

I really dislike the UI console, its such a waste of time & space to have 50 different menu & sub menu vs ONE handy icone menu, where you have everything accessible with one look & one click ( that menu only would have need a little rearangement, and it would have been perfect )

Two-Tu, Floatnhi, Arreyanne and 6 others like this.
  8. LesserHellspawn

I'm ok with most of the new UI, though I have my slight issues with the new skill window. But the new main menu is an abomination. Confusing tree navigation that can't even be centered on screen, while on the old menu I have one window with everything in place. When a new menu function gets added, I switch to the new menu once, decide if I even need the new function, then switch back.

Floatnhi and MoonDance17 like this.
  9. Mimimimi

they should stand up for their decisions, remove the old version and improve it.

Andaro likes this.
  10. Waldenor

Good thing that Velia is still too far for my main to make the pit worthy, so I can keep the convenient UI for now.

MoonDance17 and VasilisD like this.
  11. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

The new one is clearly better. You can customise it. I have all functions i need pined on top or the side bar, no need to click to the sub menu.
    The old menu always has icons on other places when a new one is added. This made me crazy.

upload_2020-8-5_17-45-7.png

Deyric, LeCordonBleu and Skol600ml like this.
  12. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

this game was made for a PC not console and i will not us the new UI and going out there for and area that only good for some Toon sure does not work well for all and the amount of crow coins you get is not enough

MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. woots

Doesnt matter, having all icon in the same rectangle instead of having to previewsly have several click to do is way faster, even with a limited customization for the console UI.

The only thing missing with the PC ui is a more worked on organisation, like with little separation line & categories to still keep everything in the same windows. ( or just allowing us to order the icon like we want )

If you like the Console UI that's cool for you, but the PC ui still objectively better. But saddly thoses guys are just entilted to push their sh#tty console UI.

#13 woots, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Floatnhi, cAFFYNATED, Wodahs and 3 others like this.
  14. Ned Sheynji

upload_2020-8-5_20-3-44.png

LeCordonBleu and Factorial like this.
  15. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

the new UI is garbage, that's why people still use the old menu and health bar.

LeMiau, Arreyanne, cAFFYNATED and 7 others like this.
  16. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

So you are the official troll for the new UI for PA

Arreyanne and MoonDance17 like this.
  17. Ned Sheynji

Nobody can ever convince me that clicking everywhere by mouse is faster than instead pressing buttons from 1-9.
    You dont go to NPCs and click on talk hopefully. You walk up to them and press R instead, right? or whatever your key is bound to. That is not part of the new UI. That has been in the game since forever. So will you complain about that function cus its too console-like?
    And everything else is purely subjective because its just a change in looks. Nothing has changed functionally. So if you actually hate on the new UI just because you hate how it looks then there is absolutely no chance that you hold any credibility whatsoever. You are trying to argue that something is objectively bad by critizing what is purely subjective. Which is, quite frankly, stupid. OP has a case in point. Because functionally the old UI is inferior to the new one due to that weird tab that is locked in the old UI. That one i can kinda understand but i will still tell him to learn the new UI cus its just simply better.

I dont advocate the new UI for its looks. I couldnt care less. When the looks change then i adapt and when the functionality changes i critize. And purely from a function point of view it is an obvious improvement.

If you want me to list up something negative then i dont mind. I have negative thoughts about parts of the new UI too. Particularly the functionality of the new skill tree. Which is just straight up bugged(the skill presets for example). Therefore i hate the new skill UI. So you cant call me a PA whiteknight.

#17 Ned Sheynji, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    LeCordonBleu and ODB3698 like this.
  18. ODB3698

You're missing the whole point. What company continues to spend resources indefinitely on old/abandoned/replaced products? It isn't about how easy it would be...its about the fact that that product has been superseded. Microsoft isn't going to add windows 10 features to windows 98..no matter how easy it might be to do so. The clear message is get with the program or deal with it. That's like people refusing to let go of flip phones...complaining that facebook isn't being added to flip phones. If you want the perks of the new product...get the new product.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  19. Korvgubben

The new UI looks like a rejected beta of the Xbox 360 default UI. Absolutely awful.

They also managed to **** up the teleport they added because it takes you straight to the arena rather than crows nest so you still need to sail there manually to do the only daily that I was interested in doing...

Just want to mention that mouse interfaces is one of the biggest advantages RPG games on PC have had since at least the 90's.

Not saying there arent any good RPGs on console ofc but inventory management is a key aspect that has never been great with gamepad controls.

Floatnhi likes this.
  20. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

Maybe it's just my personal preference but tiles with icon seem to me way more intuitive, + u got all things in one window without emerging submenus and more texted windows split where all icons just look way too small and the same :\

Floatnhi, Wodahs, MoonDance17 and 3 others like this.