1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region owned guilds dropping to smaller guilds for node wars.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lectro, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lectro

This in my opinion is a major pressing issue and is killing the node wars scene for everybody that does T1-T3 node wars. We have guilds that own a region who drop to their alternative guilds or guilds they recruit for region sieges during the week, bypassing the rule that region guilds cannot do node wars the following week. My problem isn't that really geared people are curbstomping smaller, less established guilds but the fact they are exploiting a loophole of being locked from nodewars by simply leaving and being in another guild.

The only solution that can best remedy this is to lock region guild people from joining guilds or rejoining their own for 4 days. Another possible solution is to make it where only guilds that own a T3 node can drop on a region. This is to prevent them from being mercenaries for their weaker allies that can't earn their own T2-T3 nodes that's needed to place in a region war.

I don't just want there to be discussion and complaining on this matter, please contact BDO Partners as well since they have a direct line of contact with the GMs/staff.

#1 Lectro, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. ambyentlight

T3 guilds only can do nodewars weekly if they win castle and get like 1billion payout each member so dueing the week they join lower T guilds and recive them payouts too then 25 hours before seige day they quit small guild and join the big guild 1 hour before seige for setup.

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

stop spreading wrong numbers. 1 big payout is a big myth. depending on the region you hold, you will get around 100-300m payout/week, while also spending at least 100m for buffs when you will siege. they will only get big money if the region is uncontested.

4. RuleR

This process is stupid and it should be forbidden.
    At T3 you find either Snipes or Siege guilds.
    Because of this all the T3 Guilds go to T2, where you find probably the most decent fights and fun.
    T2 guilds are pushed to T1 ... and this is a major problem and small guilds get absolutely wrecked or there's a zerg fest like 8 guilds per node.
    I also left a decent T1 guild because of this, we either lost or no one took the T1 like 8 times in a row.And the guilds we thought where definitely not T1 gear wise and numbers.

Honestly I cannot blame the bigger guilds doing this, Node/Siege is the only thing that gets close to PvP with meaning in this game, as in where you get or at least feel some kind of reward for it.
    Perhaps a solution would be that in order to attend T1 you gear should be max 500 GS ( like AP Cap on some areas), 520 for T2 and so on.
    Also leaving a guild should have severe consequences, like not being able to receive payout for 10 days or something.

Macadham and iller like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

we complained about this for a long time. i hope at least kakao told PA about the situation.

6. OceanPerson

Cap should be restricted to Instanced based PvP like RBF ARSHA and so on. Node wars is open world content that should be FFA with w/e gear you have obtained.

Mousatos likes this.
  7. crosspath

4 days leave guild/kick cd problem solved.

8. TeRRoRibleOne

Unless you can get in contact with the Korean devs nothing is going to change.
    I'm going to break this down a little bit. Snipe guilds on T3's are extremely way too common. I personally wish these guilds would stop doing this, it's annoying and a waste of time to everyone who is actually trying to have a fight. If you aren't going to bring your guild, then stop building on T3's. Guilds who do this continually should get some kind of punishment.

T2 guilds dropping to T1's is a real thing. In December I dropped to a T1 guild from a siege guild because I was having a medical issue which didn't really let me play as much anymore (have a herniated disc in my neck which was causing issues with my left arm). From what I saw, a majority of the T2 guilds were dropping down to T1's. The reason for this was mainly ManUp/Gravity was building on T2's to "get a fight" while also bringing some guild who couldn't win a T2 by themselves (Illuminati and others). I don't get how fighting people with probably 50+ less gear score is fun but they've been doing it for months at this point. So all the T2 guilds dropped down to T1's and you started getting 8+ guilds on nodes which is kind of insane. There is definitely a gear disparity between a T2 and a T1 guild which made for slaughters of a lot of the T1 guilds.

Now to bring in Snakes into the conversation as they are one of the ones who drop to nodewar guilds during the week. Currently they are building on T3's in 2 guilds, ElSneko and Shogun. They normally fight themselves and give the node to some small guild to build for them on Saturday so they don't have to fight the militia for an hour and a half. They are taking nodes in both guilds too. Are they giving payouts in the node war guilds? I'm not sure.

For the last 2 months T3's during Mon-Thur have been getting fights on one of the nodes those night a majority of the time. This week we have ManUp doing nodes both in ManUp and Gravity since they won a node on Sunday on ManUp. Why are they dropping to Gravity to win a node? They have been using Gravity to drop on regions to block people out from building. If you didn't see this past weekend, ManUp had 18 guilds build on Valencia to block out everyone else from building, one of those guilds being their alt guild Gravity. So in the end it was a 10v1 where ChoNation had to try to defend Valencia in that. They also lagged the server out again on purpose. You can make your own judgement on that. There's a video on Reddit about it, I won't link it here because it has names of people in it from their discord.

I don't know how EU is but I have seen Enemy pulling this dropping tactic.

9. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Why put a cap on DP? It doesn't need a cap. AP does. Its the one that scales ridiculously while DP is stunted. Also, the caps aren't necessary.

10. LoanWolf

I would be fine with not being able to receive a guild payout unless you have been in a guild for a week. I think that would be the incentive that would fix this without largely increasing cooldowns which would be messy if guilds decide to merge or change for any other reasons.

11. Prasao

Better is 7 Days

12. LoanWolf

That is not ideal. Imagine trying to merge with a guild and you need to kick our 50 people and have them wait an entire week. Just remove payouts until youve been in a guild for a week and nobody will be switching guilds to double dip.

13. Roxies

Easy fix. 7 Day cooldown if the guild you're in currently owns a region.

edit: This isn't ideal but, when week in and out, you have the same small part of the population abusing this, and it negatively affects the majority of the population, something needs to be done.

Draconnix likes this.
  14. davidiven

the easiest way to fix it is: guilds have to own a t3 node to siege on saturday

is this another manup hate again lmao
    didnt your leader call it's a strategy?
    can you tell me how your guild feed nodes to your allies for siege? Oh **** it's the same **** that manup and snake have been doing

it's fine when your guild drop on t2 huh? hypocrite

15. Roxies

I agree with this sentiment, everyone is equally to blame. Every guild that sits on a region does this, and it needs to be fixed.

16. Skaven Zverov

You are not alone with this one. :D

17. Denthors

BDO KR Patch Notes May 3rd
    The rules for the Conquest War Season 5 have changed.

[​IMG]

18. TeRRoRibleOne

If you don't like the truth you can just stfu. Everything I said in there was true.

19. crosspath

No, best is something that avoids siege guild people rejoining main guild before payday, while not annoying every normal player leaving a dead guild for longer than necessary...

So best option is FOUR days.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so what? better to stop abuse and slightly inconvenient few people. how often would you quit guilds in normal scenario?

Draconnix likes this.