1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Register your interest in the Black Desert PvP Ladder [Project BDL]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Tekeii, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Tekeii

Hey everyone,

You may recall about a week ago I floated the idea I have been playing with on Reddit and Forums and it was greeted with a very good response, a few negative people but mostly positive that they would use this sort of platform if it were to go ahead.

Now we need numbers, we want to know how many people would actually use and participate on this ladder if it were implemented.

The first season will be a beta season, we need as much data as possible and we want to know how smooth it runs and without error. The first season will be a month long and only on the EU server (Until I know and trust more people on the NA server to assist in running things, we had a few people approach already which is great).

This project is going to require work, time and money so we need to know if there will be an interest. I'd prefer if people didn't say "I won't play the first season because the elite will just stomp me", the first season is about data and bug testing so please please do try and play when you can so we can get this right.

You can view my original idea on the project here - https://community.blackdesertonline...king-about-setting-this-up-bdo-ladder.140052/

Please fill in the form here to register your interest - https://goo.gl/forms/H0LspsynLmjIMyRL2

Please like, share, share and share as much as you possibly can. Spam it in your guild discord and get as many people to sign up as possible.

Both EU and NA guys please register on the form and if you want to help with refereeing/moderating contact me on discord! Tekeii#2161 (slow replies but ill register your interest in helping)

Thanks Guys.

fzegd, MySelf, Galatia and 6 others like this.
  2. ManlyBeard

Cost money? Lul

3. Tekeii

Yes?

Someone has to code a discord bot from scratch to make it fully automatic?

Ladder and Tournament Prizes? - Unless you know of a magical way to get them?

4. EjayFreeKay

I think it's a really cool idea and I'm on board. As a player, will there be any funds to pay? Because that will be a real turn off for a lot of people.

5. Tekeii

No funds, it's entirely free.

6. OoincandescentoO

I'm going to be honest, I really like the idea of this and would play it.

But I play a magic damage class (sorc) so I'm a bit salty about balance at the moment, it's entirely likely that I would stop playing after a while for that reason : / Even if that were the case I would still support this system entirely I think it's a great idea and exactly what we need.

Frankly, I also pray this becomes popular and ends up highlighting the balance problems that I personally percieve, but that's just me :P

7. Tekeii

Well for sure this would give us data enough to show the top classes in each category rather than K:D chart based on RBF.

Sorc is very useful in team fights and maybe the 3v3 would be more suitable for yourself. We are trying to introduce something for everyone.

8. kamik0z

Eu ninja ready :) already filled out and im hyped!

9. Tekeii

Thank you sir, spread the word!

kamik0z likes this.
  10. kamik0z

Will do. Not softcap or anything but gonna be fun!

11. Arithin

No bersker dp trolling... Why even live. And unresticted consumables/gear so can't even spam it.

Ah well. Still in, but less hyped.

12. xLightning

i sign up! I think this is an awesome idea when do you think beta will start?

13. ManlyBeard

Coding the discord bot is something someone could do in their sparetime, shouldn't cost anything other than proper credit. Shiid I’d offer you to do it but you prolly wouldn’t want that anyway, with talks being done and shid lel

Prizes? Meh. Not like the average joe is going to fully compete in this, just like that one pvp league where out of the blue some siege gear carried ppl are in.

#13 ManlyBeard, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  14. Parc

Loves from NA; I registered.

Just a friendly reminder, you can't V in Battle Arena. You can only V in Arena of Arsha and Red Battlefield.

Also, in my opinion, you should revisit the rules regarding elixirs and perfumes. No doubt that food buffs and alch stones are available to everyone, but I can see specific rare buffs being used as problematic and unfair. To make it simple, I'd only allow foods+alch stones and ban everything else, but that's just my 2 cents. I think as a new project, you want to make this as available to the general population as possible to increase popularity, not those who consume villa buffs and spray their face with 1.5m perfume like it's candy.

There's also the black spirit rage consumption (Z) issue you have to address as these aren't reset to 0 when a duel starts.

It's a fair point, but I'm pretty sure there will be a quick and easy way to figure out what class and gear people are using on the discord. It poses a problem for matches where money is involved, but for a regular 1v1 ladder, I'm sure people will hate on a top 1 striker with 560 GS and not give proper credit, whereas an undergeared player playing Kuno on top 5 might receive massive praises.

#14 Parc, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  15. Tekeii

Yeah rules are going to be adjusted and played with we will get a lot of players together to discuss rules.

16. Tekeii

17. devante

I love the idea, however I don't support discord because according to cnn it's a white nationalist platform.

18. Jylin

Jylin Miraikuro Sorceress 7 EU

i assume you dont use twitter and social networks in general then - oh yeah you shouldnt use teamspeak then because some groups organize with that - and yeah you better skip mmorpgs too because apparently there are terrorists organizing in mmorpgs

You might should even dodge forums in general :D

19. Tekeii

200 + sign ups across NA and EU so far!

20. Tekeii

The bot is coming along nicely and we are implementing a matchmaking system too.

We will soon be in the beta testing phase, please do register your interest!