1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinforcing the Quarry

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Sandpit_, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Sandpit_

Well isn't this the most retarded thing. People (large numbers) are queuing for a spawn. This is a joke.

What the heck is all this season server stuff about? Who decided to do this utter garbage?

And it is UTTER garbage.

Findubar and Jinoro like this.
  2. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

You can finish all those quests on a normal server as well. Until ~lv56 when you can grind in Valencia / Kamasylvia / Drieghan for the season gear materials you don't actually need the season channels.

Khondo and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. woots

And what about the seasonal thing challenge ? are they also are completed on regular channel ? and what about the weekl quest ?

And the seasonal timed black stone thing also drop from any mob tho, not only from valencia / kama / Drieghan

Jinoro likes this.
  4. Sandpit_

Then what is the bloody point of this mess? What a STUPID waste of dev time on this garbage content. Just to try to persuade player to yet again slog through the same auto-run/kill 10 rats junk we have already endured over and over.

Kaitreen, TucoRamires, Jinoro and 3 others like this.
  5. Schinrah

I mean to be fair, this isn't meant to be for veterans, it's targeted at new, and newer players that are far behind in the progression. Those players will benefit from this season and get to know the game abit through the dailies etc. without having to slog through everything veterans had to.

You can just completely pass on Season Servers if you don't like it, there is almost nothing you'll miss out on as a veteran. And I don't mind having more players around again, mmo's are only fun aslong as they have a large enough playerbase to sustain them.

Yulanda likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, it is kinda nice way for new players to progress faster.

7. Sandpit_

The one thing NEW players do not need is this. The game experience for new players is already wretched. Power creep has destroyed this game for new players as you are always massively out-levelling the story line. I have given up trying to get new players involved as they all quit due to it being absolutely no challenge.

8. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

Spam R or go to the quiet channels (i know it's annoying quest)

9. Myntiix

Yall use your brain and switch to normal channel?

10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Why? Why have a seasonal character and seasonal servers and yet your seasonal character can log into any server? So stupid!

Jinoro likes this.
  11. Khondo

Season servers are PVE only. That is the difference.

Everyone caught up yet?

12. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I hope the season servers are a lecture to every idiot out there who tries to get a PvE Server implemented into this game.

Kynreaa likes this.
  13. Khondo

Their popularity I think is a good reason why they are needed. Will see how many actually do move to the Season Arsha server when/if it is opened. I think the funny issue is going to be for the PVP players, soon all the easy targets will be hard to find on the regular servers and they will start to panic on how to get their easy PVP kill jollies out of BDO.

I found it very refreshing to have heaps of players fighting for quest mobs. Was a real MMO day 1 feeling.

Yulanda, TucoRamires and MoonDance17 like this.
  14. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Most people will quit seasons altogether before Arsha opens.

Kynreaa, Jinoro and Bizmarc89 like this.
  15. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

The only purpose of seasonal servers is for karma healing after u grief as much as u want with your seasonal character at the normal servers. Thats all the usefulness that i found to all this seasonal thing.

16. gurghul

Change chanells to any old ...like balenos etc..

17. AlnilamE

On the contrary. I'm having a blast. They are optional channels, you don't have to go there.

There really should be no karma recovery on channels where you can't lose karma (non-PvP channels and Arsha alike)

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  18. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Even more importantly you should be locked into the channel you went red on until you regain the karma.

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Their "popularity" is a made-up thing from pve lovers.
    Now, let's have a look : if you made a season char, you're clearly invited to stay on season servers because you don't have the gear to confront players on regular channels.
    It's a consequence, not a choice. What's worse is that, instead of allowing players to play on season servers with the karma/PK regular rules, they decided to use Arsha rules. Arsha, as known as the easy fix channel, instead of working on better karma/PK rules.

They had a nice occasion to give players a taste of BDO regular pvpve... And they totally missed it by giving them an even worse pve experience, and soon a failed pvpve experience without consequences.

Kynreaa likes this.
  20. Khondo

I think your slightly wrong there. The majority of players in BDO choose not to PVP, it's just forced on them by PVP players who think everyone should "duel for spot". Me personally, I have duel requests turned off, and allow anyone to kill me on the regular channels and then I just keep coming back to the spot I WAS GRINDING. This is the problem most hard core PVP players never realise that BDO is not a PVP game, it just has a small PVP component that some bullies take advantage to get their jollies.