1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinforcing the Quarry

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Sandpit_, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Sandpit_

And they then accuse you of being a karmabomber griefer. So then resort to war decs and causing **** for your guild. i.e. if tehy can't bully you directly they turn to identity politics to force their will on your conformance.

Jinoro likes this.
  2. Findubar

3. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

It's not forced on them either, it's part of the game mechanics. You want to pvp, you can. You want to refuse and keep on grinding, you can. You like duels, you can. No problem with it, it's all part of the game!

You talked about players who chose BDO not for pvp, I'll talk about the players who choose it precisely because you can use pvp. And that's the biggest problem, you can't refuse the use of a feature from the game (owpvp) while you use the rules to your advantage too (no real penalty from being killed, you can come back).
    You don't come to BDO for its PVP only, for sure, but it's part of the whole experience. Anyone complaining when getting killed by a player missed the point here, because the possibility exists on regular channels and Arsha.

4. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

...and... back to the quarry:
    It just shows, how much sheep each BDO player tends to be. Instead of searching the walls for a spot to interact with, they are crowding and 2-3 positions and spam their interaction key.

As for you: There.are.more.spots.spawning.at.which.you.can.repair.the.quarry.

5. AlnilamE

Yeah, this was not an issue at all for me. I just moved along the walls and found 3 spots in no time, even though there were a dozen players there.

6. Kaitreen

Guardian is a WHOOLLLEE new level of power creep. to the Nth Degree!

There's a huge disparity in effectiveness in classes in PVE and PVP is a complete joke regarding balance. There's classes completely disregarded (no, the small pve buff on awakening did not address the issue at all . none. zilch)

7. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 61 EU

Well, aren't you two some super smarties? This was obviously prevalent when there was a crowd in.front.of.every.interaction.point

Having said that it still wasn't much trouble to swap to a normal server. Got things done and never looked back.

8. VanessaRedThread

This is how a seasonal server would be fun:

1) No pre grinded mats
    2) No x amount of pre register reward for season character.
    3) No failstack taken over from normal character. Have seperate (seasonal) failstack that can only he made with seasonal character.
    4) no silver taken over from main character
    5) No enhancement material from normal server aka no memory frag taken over from normal character.
    6) pvp enabled only in higher level zones
    7) Decrease exp % so people don't get 61 in a day.

This would heighten the fun of the server a lot. Its not a fresh experience if you can have advantage of silver and mats from your main.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

But other problems are the map is fully explored from your old main, you have extensive knowledge of the game for playing it over 3 years and you have 300+ contribution and 400+ energy. The only way for a fresh experience is to be a complete newbie starting fresh on the season server, even as a veteran playing on a new account for the season it will be still too easy.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What ever, you guys are the spoil sports, an for all I care if it purges the population of people with such attitudes, thats only a good thing.

11. Khondo

And then the game would be dead. If PVP people leave, the game will prosper, If PVE people leave, the game is empty. Which do you think is better? I am happy for PVP to be in the game, I just wish some people would stop thinking it is the most important part of the game.

#31 Khondo, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You are telling me that because something is more popular its better? In that case I never would have Left WOW all those years ago.
    May as well have stayed there, cause the carebear crowd followed me here, to grief people with their temper tantrums.

#32 Kynreaa, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  13. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

If "pve people" leave, the game will stay. If "pvp people" leave, same thing. Because most players are not extreme and are PvPvE players, thus they chose the right game.

Will this "black and white reasoning" ever stop? Depending on one's point of view, pvp is more or less important but it is still one core part of the game, and what the game really propose is what matters in the end.

14. Khondo

I am not trying to go to the extreme, all I am saying is there a 10 PVE based players to every 1 PVP player in BDO. Yes this is only an estimate and can't be proven, but if you look at the limited number of guilds in game that do any nodeware or PVP. The number of times streamers try to dec a player because they won't duel them and can't is very high. This is due to the guild not participated in any guild wars or node wars.

15. Kelet

Yeah, I went there to do my quest. It was full of people. And people on the chat were complaining loudly. So I went to the other spot with 100 mine imps and not a single player killing them, east of Heidel.

You've been playing the game for 3 years. Do you not know the map?

16. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

My season character have his own silver and don't use family silver :). He just add items to CM w/o reward (family need some money :P).
    He just got borrowed enhanced main quest line jewelers. Anything else is his own business.

17. Sandpit_

Wrong quest, this one has you queuing up to interact with 3 sections of the wall to interact with. No killing involved, that would be easy as they just respawn.