1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejoice, our 2 year anniversary is about 5 months away!

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by ODB3698, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ODB3698

Patch Notes - 9th May 2018
    • Valkyrie (Skills with defense effect(s): Death Line Chase, Purificatione, Verdict: Lancia Iustitiae, Sanctitas de Enslar)
      • Only during guard state will debuff resistance effect be applied (further development needed).

• The Super Armor and HP gain effects applied for a certain time after using Strong Defense or Guard have been removed.

• Forward Guard effect from using Vow of Trust in the Lancia stance has been removed.

• “Forward Guard at the start of the skill” and “Super Armor while moving” effects have been removed from Hastiludium.

• Forward Guard effect has been removed from the following Skills:
        • Sacrum Ferit, Wave of Light
      • Super Armor effect has been removed from the following Skills:
        • Promptness, Terra Sancta

Distaken and Muhaha like this.
  2. ODB3698

Oh yeah...let's not forget
    Patch Notes - 16th May 2018
    • Attack damage in PvP (against other classes) has decreased by 6.6%.
      • Valkyrie and Warrior are the only classes that utilize the shield in Black Desert Online. With the advantage of wielding the shield, they are immune to all CC effects from all directions once they are on guard. Besides this advantage, Valkyrie has had an even greater increase in DP when on Forward Guard which makes her sturdier than the Warrior. Hence, her AP had to be adjusted by lowering damage in PvP only in order to balance the class out.
    • Stamina will no longer be recovered during the skill motion of the skill Promptness.
    • Stamina consumption has increased to 200 for the skill Promptness.
    • Cooldown for the skill Celestial Cry has increased from 40 sec. to 60 sec.
    • Super Armor for the skill Celestial Spear has been removed.
    • Super Armor for the skill Celestial Smite has been removed.
    • Cooldown for the skill Elion's Blessing has increased from 150 sec. to 240 sec.
    • Stamina will now be consumed instead of SP for the skill Death Line Chase:
      • SP 35 → Stamina 150

Distaken, Muhaha and x_samfisher_x like this.
  3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Don't forget

Patch Notes - 14th August 2019
    "Fixed the following skills where you could use them at a range farther than intended when targeted first and then used after moving away with the mouse.

Valkyrie: Sanctitas de Enslar, Wave of Light" ~ Wave of light made sense, it was our ranged counter play every 25s, and only worked combat wise if they attacked while you charged for the sec vacuum.
    Enslar was maybe double range if that, when you held LMB, in other words it actually worked, could land on people.

I know this was more recent, but still.. RIP Ranged counter play... Archers can kill you from 10 miles away, and no one can do anything about it. Due to their bugged RMB skill going through defenses. Excessive range, high dmg, constant ranged CC, and ridiculous kiting movement.​

#3 Muhaha, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Lordche and ODB3698 like this.
  4. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

so many stupid changes were made and instead of reverting 2 of them to make the class playable again. they gave us 30 useless ones
    and a oneshot 25% so people can complain about it

Dalenos and ODB3698 like this.
  5. ODB3698

Saddest part of that is that I have actually locked the one-shot because I don't like that it triggers when I grind and don't pay attention. I also dislike it in pvp. Oh wait...you are talking about the bsr terra? I was talking about our 100%.

ViktoryiaV likes this.
  6. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

I've done the same from time to time, especially when discovered that I could use enslar directly from preawake through hotbar for another iframe or a get out of jail free card (use people as cheeky teleports), and accidentally ulting people (without crit buff) just became hilariously inconvenient.
    Not to mention I've consistently learnt without PA, I don't have the dp to survive full non sneak attack ult charge against a blob comprised of today's average ap, which was not as much the case a while ago (could at least land the ult).

It's so good now that we can just lock the individual rage skills, though I otherwise rarely get to max rage anyway simply because BSR terra is devastatingly effective if timed well. Rage absorb is also a REALLY fun time. 100% still definitely has utility but seems prone to the same old downhill terrain glitch? That waste can be the biggest disappointment.

#6 ViktoryiaV, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Muhaha likes this.
  7. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

yea just spam BSR while grinding. its feels better than absorb anyway since you also get a 10 ap and dp buff + the dmg from it is huge. and you can use it 4x with 100%.
    also practice for pvp ;D
    kinda wish that the 100% also need a special input besides F. just like the other rageskills. so you dont have to constantly lock and unlock rage.

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I'm not even a valk main but when I look at valks kit on a trial character it makes me kinda sad :(

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

^ <3

>.< I want a button that auto activates bsr skills, so i can just unlock bsr and it goes off without the extra funtion.

10. ODB3698

That would be amazing. I'm still not at 100% at activating bsr terra. That's the only bsr I like or want to use. I don't like the 100%. The 200% will never happen. I hate the promptness one. I think verdict is the only other one...i'll never use that. Verdict died when they combo nerfed it...removed its pvp damage and took its float away.

11. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Yeah, sadly promptness/verdict bsr is trash. But here n there if Terra is being aids to proc the 25% bsr, I'll lock Casti, seems to help me. Wonder if it'd help ya too

ODB3698 likes this.
  12. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

What I did was I made a hotkey for alt+b and put it on my mouse that way I can unlock BSR and use it without having to do that super awkward key combo, I wish theyd let you assign BSR lock/unlock to whatever key you want or made some easier way to do it :(

Legacina likes this.
  13. Mjollnir

Y U disappeared Vivi ???

14. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

putting alt b on mouse is so good Im using it that way for very long aswell. Its amazing.

Idk im no having issues activating bsr terra anymore. But it is fps reliant. Makes it alot harder with low fps.
    Casti unlocked etc. Ofc it can happen that i **** up. But thats when im fully pepega

Just practice it in pve. Its as good if not better for pve than absorb anyway.
    20 seconds 10 ap+dp + terra is is alot stronger and you can use it 4x in 100%

15. Akantorian

As a warrior main the days of these patch notes make me kinda sad too, lets also not forget when they buffed s block hp on most non-block classes too.

Distaken and ODB3698 like this.
  16. Netreiam

Have a Happy Depressing Deathday(s)!

Muhaha likes this.
  17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

dw soon were getting our buffs in form of a new class!
    and just to make guardien even more broken than mystic is. they added dmg ontop of the 20 protected cc's she has :D

i honestly cant believe that they dont look into certain classes skills. especially melees. while the newer classes like mystic striker run around with 20 SA's. we barely even have 10. not mentioning that half of them are above 25 sec cd.

people sayin its unfair for us to have SA back on spear, but its fine that guardians attacks have more Aoe+range. and are still protected.

Muhaha and ODB3698 like this.
  18. ODB3698

All of this ^

Literally every lame excuse that has been thrown at us, for why almost all of our protections were stripped, just evaporated when they revealed guardian skills. All they can really do now is continue to pretend we don't exist anymore. Guardian has iframe movement, FG, SA+CC, and heavy damage. This is literally everything they said we couldn't have. They even incorporated the more modern self buff process I was asking for...guardians stacking crit buff...versus our heavens echo/spear manual buffs.

Muhaha and Legacina like this.
  19. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

all we were asking for is for spear and maybe Promptness to have SA back. but nah they took them and gave it to another class.
    its so hilarious that skills that are legit the same as ours / warriors. but have Protection and cc.
    you would think that any skill that uses the shield or is a ''counter'' would at least have fg. not a single one of them does.
    shield strike, counter, shield counter. shield throw (well we got that one in succ)
    yea i get it they dont want classes to have cc's in awak. but then tell me why Maehwa has a fg counter with a stun while ours literally slaps you with our shield but isnt protected

20. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Hopefully they actually balance the game n such, because from what I keep hearing, it sounds like Guardian is gonna be everything Valk should've been.
    >.<

If the only thing that makes Valk unique is her awakened vacuum, and succession gets **** on by guardian, the class is gonna die.

Plus their excuse for removing SA from Cel Spear has been invalid for a long time. Witch Voltaic, does huge dmg, buffs, CCs, and debuffs while being protected. With Guardian, it'll be just be a middle finger to all Valks.

#20 Muhaha, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    R.Prescott, Kenwulf, ODB3698 and 2 others like this.