1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relax..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LogicaI, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Escapism

Was there a question? The only 2 sentences ending with a "?" in your last reply to me were purely rethorical, that doesnt count as a question. And care to explain me where the lie is there?

Also btw you also need to have TRI/TET Tungrad belt, basilisks or valtarras dont cut it, since tungrad is better.

2. Blackhearted

If you end up in debt through stock market it means you invested with borrowed money. Meaning the example is irrelevant as debt should be separated from stock market example because you can do both without another.

Lack of logic once again from Logical.

Extrabone and Fearless V like this.
  3. LogicaI

Guess you don't know the difference between bold and normal font.

Sure you can use a slo to keep yourself from losing and of course stocks do not trade in the negative but that is not the way to end up in debt via the stock market... I feel like i am explaining the world to children. Stay ignorant my friend.

tired of doing so since they never listen. Thank god my children do at least.

4. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

So, now that it's over. I'll give a quick review.

I gained 10 AP and 4 DP from the gear. That 4 DP swapping Muskan for Urugon and Heve for Griffon. The 10 AP was swapping RCE for second Tung and Seraps for Ogre, basically.

So. I did much better than normal. And everyone had equal gear to me. It's gross, honestly, how much more durable even a Tamer is with all that DR. And just 10 AP (pushing into 251) is such a huge damage difference, even though i knew I was hitting high DR targets.

In the end, I did much better even though everything was "equal."

As to earning gear, uhhh...yes. You are earning it. You either got the silver through grinding or enchanted it yourself. It's still effort. Don't let anyone take that from you.

there will always be people who are payout carried, but so what?

lastly, you all forget that there will be a point in this game where 250/294 is mansha stats. It honestly almost already is.

5. Celensra

I wonder how you "earn" something completely governed by RNG...>_> There's no way to properly earn or advance in that game and that's always been its greatest issue. No one truly wants the best equipment handed to them, I don't think. Instead, they want a way to advance that doesn't see entire months of effort completely torn away from the by the roll of a dice and then, being completely unable to function in the game because its PvP is horrifically unbalanced..."earning" something in that game is akin to bashing your head against a wall and hoping it breaks before you do...it's a terrible design...

Arreyanne and Fearless V like this.
  6. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

The only thing you "earn" for your efforts in this game is silver. Silver that which you waste on a gamble, and if you're lucky to no get screwed by RNG, you may spent less than or equal to the value of the gear item that you obtained. However, not everyone is blessed equally by RNG, so you might spend more than the value of an item to get what you want.

For example, two people grinded for an equal amount of time to acquire the same amount of wealth. Both have the same gear and enhancement levels of each item respectively, decide to do as many attempts as possible with the silver they got to upgrade 5 pieces of their gear using the same amount of fail stacks for each item. First guy succeeds with 3 items and fails the rest. The other guy, only gets 1 item to go up in level. Tell me, how is that "earning" anything?

Your success in your gear upgrades isn't earned, its based on a lucky gamble.

Okay, your efforts are rewarded with silver. That is logical. Thats your paycheck. You are correct to that extent. Now where you argument fails is the stock market example. An investment isn't work, its you placing your bets on a small chance of financial growth (i.e, a gamble). Whether you gain more money so you can take you wife on a vacation to Hawaii or lose everything and have to sell your kid's organs to buy a cheeseburger to live another day, is solely determined by the whims of the factors determining the success of the stock you invested into, not you.

In BDO your investment is your silver that your EARNED through grinding/life-skilling (it's the same **** anyway), and you acquired a nice duo tungrad that you wanna get to TRI. You got the max failstacks that is "supposedly" enough to ensure and easy 1-tap, but then RNG is like "Ay lmao", and that sexy duo goes poof. Now you're naked (and crying probably) with only an extra bit of fail-stack with a note left on it saying "better luck next time kiddo" granted to you at a loss of 850 million silver + whatever the **** amount of silver you invested into the attempt(s).

Nothing of the investment is earn through yours effort, its granted to you by luck favoring you. Thus, you don't earn anything that you get when RNG decides to pull the plug on your luck or ALLOWS you to succeed. It is simply you being at the mercy of a slot machine.

Investing into stocks is a gamble, much like upgrading gear. Yet again, the rewards you get from an investment is determined by luck, not effort.

Fearless V likes this.
  7. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

A smart investor would have gained enough wealth to buy a back up before attempting an easy one tap to TRI..... lol I say that last part with sarcasm because there is no such thing in BDO>

8. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

A smart investor or an easy 1-tap?

Jokes aside, it doesn't matter how much you invest and how many backups you have, you aren't in control of the odds. In the event you do succeed in upgrading something, it wasn't earned, RNG merely worked in your favor, sparing you from misery granting the item of your desire.

Fearless V likes this.
  9. LogicaI

I never tap my main gear i use offsets,therefor i never degrade. I never lose anything,I am never in "debt" in that sense as i use offsets.

Too many people want **** handed to them for nothing.

and too many people blow up their main gear for no reason.

10. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

Not to familiar with BDO lingo but when I say "1-tap" i mean it as succeeding an upgrade on the first attempt.

You are lying to yourself when you say you never lose anything when attempting an upgrade. Blowing something up is a loss of profit. Items that go down an enhancement level are degraded and lose value. Everything that you blew up or degraded in the attempt to have luck shine upon you to have 1 thing go up in enhancement level is a loss of profit when you compare how much you invested into the attempt made to how much silver you get back from selling the repaired degraded items and/or whatever surplus backups you didn't blow up.

Many people are tired of the RNG cancer slot machine enhancement system this game host and how failstacks don't work as they should. They are tired of being forced to mindlessly grind for an unhealthy amount of hours for the sake of leveling their characters and upgrading their gear to have the chance at being able to participate in the minimal endgame PvP/PvE content this game provides . To add insult to injury, they have to deal with toxic geared up the ass no-lifers PKing them for the sake of being douchebags without having the ability to put up a fight and protect themselves. The garbage renown system which further increased the gear gap has made it so that a mere 20 GS difference pretty much puts the lesser GS person at a great disadvantage. I can see why some have resorted to asking for handouts now. The majority of the player base doesn't have the luxury to sit on their asses for half day every day and grind to gamble at the gear enhancement slots. Not all of us are retired boomers, NEETS, government supported cripples and stay at home parents. They're are tired of the ******** and want to play the damn game!

11. LogicaI

Then play the damn game.

Life is not fair.

Yet this game is more fair than life itself.

Pking people just for the sake of being douchebags? Pking has no moral context,it is pixels touching pixels and code affecting code.

You don't like the gap? Earn it like the rest of us did. You don't have to work all of your life or be a boomer or any other category you want to name. Just like everything else,Just takes work,Which is fair.

Why do you think you should be able to compete with the top without putting in as much work?

Entitlement at it's finest.

Also you mention toxicity,so that must be in chat since as i said there is no moral context when pixels touch pixels,well if you don't like channel chat,world chat,general chat,it's simple. Shut it off. Use the block tool. They exist for a reason.

If you cannot handle others opinions the internet is not for you,Not every game chat and forum is a platform or sjw entitlement culture as much as many want it to be.

if you want a game where you can get max gear and level in a week there are a few out there suited for that.

You want garbage equalized pvp with rock paper scissor look no further than gw2's SPVP.

It's funny i joined this game on launch knowing exactly what it was,I never came to it for something other than what it is.
    I was a educated consumer,Anyone that is not an educated consumer is a foolish consumer.

You don't buy a prius and then go to the prius dealer and demand they change it into a lamborghini because you have buyers remorse.

You don't like the game that many of us enjoy? Don't play it. Simple.

Where are the masses of people like you that want the changes you want? They sure are not here on the forum? Ever correlated the numbers released by kakao,or even just the steam sales,then factor in players before,then look at total forum users?

Then look at how many are actually active and post in suggestion or general? Not even a fraction of the playerbase uses the forum.

So where are all these people you speak of that want these changes? where are these uneducated buyers?

I only ever see 30 of the same people complaining about the same thing like a broken clock. And the funny thing is,They are the most toxic on the forum themselves,Not only are they the most toxic but they act the most entitled.

And those same 30 people complain even when they get what they want. Some people can never be pleased. And those people are called entitled children. Do you make changes based off of entitled children? No.

en·ti·tled
    inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/

adjective
    1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

[​IMG]

Catastigma likes this.
  12. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

I can see my posts prior to this one im replying to have failed to quash your inability to understand RNG granting you success isn't earning something.

You sound pretty mad dude try to "relax" as your thread title says.

13. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

14. LogicaI

Lmao that's what you got from that? that i'm mad. Interesting.

Again,Just as you do not have pen gear neither does my grandma,as she does not log in,grind /lifeskill/fish etc and earn it.

gear doesn't drop as pen,you have to earn it via upgrades,how do you afford those upgrades? oh by earning it lifeskilling/grinding/fighting for your guild to win payouts/ship hunting etc.

You can cut it anyway you like but the only person who doesn't understand something here is you.

I understand RNG just fine,I have had many talks and educated many on this forum the difference between pseudo rng and actual rng as there is a clear difference between the two.

Sure RNG grants success. But you know what brute forces that RNG? attempts. And you know how you get more attempts? earning the cash and materials to do so. because you can guarantee a steady income of silver from almost every aspect of the game currently then you can guarantee a daily allowance of materials afforded for those enchants by earning said currency.

So whilst the act of hitting the enchant button is affected by rng,your silver per hour at a baseline from trash drops and turnins,or fishing,or blah blah is not. there are averages that you can guarantee,therefor you can make clear goals that you can reach to guarantee that brute force on at the very least soft cap,many of us have done it on offsets since launch,there is nothing unique about having tets.

the issue here is your "expectations" and your "entitlement"

15. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Honestly who cares. Give it another year or 3 and watch NA/EU population. Drop like a 20 dollar hooker. This game has little future outside it's afk activities. Soon it's be only 500 top geared players actively playing. Because everyone else would have quit for something better.

Extrabone and WoWisBest like this.
  16. RipVonBongle

Lmao this is a video game. If I go gather or grind for an hour it's because I like playing the game. Nobody is forcing anyone else to play or do something they don't want to do. So no, you didn't earn anything. It's your choice how you spend your time so implying that you had to go through trials and tribulations "earned" in a video game that you quite obviously enjoy playing is ludicrous. If you can't understand that I'm not sure what to tell you

17. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

Brute forcing RNG is still gonna have you at the mercy of the slot machine. Your tenacity isn't work that earns anything, its a gambling addiction. Anything won by a gamble regardless how many attempts were made with the silver earned through many hours of grinding is being lucky.Getting something you want through luck isn't earned.

Am I talking to a broken record here? Jeez, you're the equivalent Catastigma when it comes to delusional ignorance. Lmao, I'm done here.

18. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

Lol, do you read any posts other than your own? As it's been explained to you multiple times by multiple people, RNG does not equal effort. RNG does not equal "earned". I was going to accuse you of not really knowing what "entitled" means, but then you so generously provided us a definition. So let's use it.

Player A makes 3 Tet attempts and succeeds. Player B makes 20 Tet attempts and STILL fails. So, player B says "wow, I put in MORE effort and got LESS in return, that's not treating players equally" and you go "LOL WOW ENTITLED Y U WANT SPECIAL TREATMENT" which isn't very Logical considering player B, in no uncertain terms, is asking for EQUAL treatment. As in, the exact opposite of entitlement. Much logic. Wow.

19. Proud

logical is right, everything is earned after many attempts and playing since the start i'm sitting on failstacks of 186, 155, 147, and 119 for pen, the 119 was all tet tries, and i started the 186 for pen at 96 and i thought hm maybe i'm over stacking so i restart a few times on different tet pieces for pen but i end up with the 155 and 147 i have 3 kids and work full time job and a part time shift somedays, all my efforts is definitely rewarded throughout the years, my brother who started half a year after me hit his first pen on 116 stacks and has now another 137 stack still attempting. i love this game

20. LogicaI

Mercy of a slot machine that you can brute force with attempts earned by effort. "EARNED"

Do i read any posts other than my own? Must be rhetorical as it is obvious i reply with context in many posts.

It has been poorly argued not explained to me by many people who give no credence to their ideas.

,You want something i earned via bruteforcing with effort without having to invest as much effort as me via locked enchant rates,No. I am not kow-towing to your silly entitled ideals.

i say again:
    YOU are the bottleneck in this games progression.
    Your time.
    And your patience.