1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remastered mode and jaggy AA

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Decem, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Decem

Did PA forgot to implement something ? I have hi-end PC and antialiasing in remastered mode looks really bad. Edges are jaggy, grainy, reflective objects looks ...idk. Videos i have seen from KR looks way better than what we got. I even tried to reset all settings.

2. TwilightAngel

Well what are your settings in game?

Like is the low end pc power toggle on or is the pc optimization toggle on if your fps dips below x fps

There are a few settings that will effect things and if your running your game at 2k or 4k shouldn't really need AA on

3. ProfessorMambo

Yea, the AA is either really bad or not working at all. seeing big ass squares everywhere is not doing the remaster any favours, maybe there's a way to force aa from Nvidia drivers or reshade or something... It just looks atrocious.

4. Mimimimi

5. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

Because this is a severe problem, I have to say it again; no your pc is fine, the skin just broke, that's why.
    [​IMG]

6. Terror

Try to do a close up on your hand or whatever and tell me if you have 100% perfect skin xD

7. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

At least I don't have a "leather" hand

YajStylez and Thelemna like this.
  8. Ushuo

Remastered ate 20-35 fps, ultra giving me max 60 fps ~ with an average of 45 & still get those tree haha

Attached Files:

9. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

Well, to continue; too much shining, but found a place where I can hide in the dark :) upload_2018-8-22_20-3-28.png

10. ProfessorMambo

Turning on MFAA in the nvidia panel and keeping the ingame AA on helps a bit, but the issue still remains unless you supersample the damn game with AA. Not optimal at all.

11. Angra =[NuD]=

try not playing at 720p

12. ProfessorMambo

Untitled.png
    Right, because 2560x1440 is 720p. Tell me this looks amazing, and its with MFAA forced on top of the ingame AA, because with just the ingame AA its even worse. And before you say I'm zoomed out, the character is almost a 3rd of the screen on the screenshot.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  13. Angra =[NuD]=

I dont have this issue at alllll... User error? lmao

Attached Files:

14. cakey

that's because you went into screenshot mode, which automatically blurs every part of the game. Cheating lol. Take those same screenshots with your UI visible and we'll believe you.

Delirious and Diazine like this.
  15. Angra =[NuD]=

the second photo is first one is a print screen then posted in paint then saved. I still have no idea why yours is garabge. Maybe upgrade gpu? lmao

Attached Files:

#15 Angra =[NuD]=, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  16. cakey

I know why. It's because you have your NVIDIA settings set differently than other people in this thread (I can tell by the slightly non-crisp UI labels!)

Yes, if you turn up your nvidia settings to over-sample and then downscale everything, it will sliightlyyyy improve the overall graininess
    (for those curious, these specific settings)

However, if you take the same screenshot in regular-graphics mode, and then without moving an inch, switch over to ultra/remastered mode, I can zoom in and show you exactly the lack of the "special bonus" antialiasing techniques that the original game rendering uses! They basically just took those out ._.

EDIT: TURN MFAA ON!! I copy pasted wrong screenshot on the right ugh

bdo6.png

17. Angra =[NuD]=

no you are wrong I use application, But i do use MFAA

Attached Files:

18. cakey

You do have MFAA on, that affects anti-aliasing.

Wait try adding the 16x and the other stuff I used, it will look even better for you, haha

But yeah, basically, if you take 2 same exact screenshots without moving an inch, one with Ultra/Remastered, one without, I'll be able to easily show you how there is indeed some additional pixelation.

19. Angra =[NuD]=

My monitor can also correct some of that ****, I can see grains of straw miles away look straight as fk

20. cakey

FYI for anyone else - right now on remastered my game looks like this zoomed in:
    (so ... even better than angra's)
    2018-08-22_6466440.JPG

Hoewever, I am still able to see a HUGE antialiasing difference between the normal game mode, and the ultra/remastered game mode.
    I have vastly improved the issues VIA nvidia settings but it's still pretty bad.

Remastered - NO invidia settings done
    bdo8.png

Remastered - NVIDIA settings fixed up
    bdo9.png

Original game mode still has better antialiasing because they coded in a special version of it for the OG. IM SO SAD lol
    bdo11.jpg

zhagsten and Angra =[NuD]= like this.