1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remastered / Over Saturation

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Mimimimi, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Mimimimi

upload_2018-8-22_18-8-44.png
    Clear over saturation is visible in many places with the "remastered" renderer. That results in single bright pixels (yellow pixels on the horses)

upload_2018-8-22_18-10-12.png

bright white spots in the following two images
    upload_2018-8-22_18-11-16.png

upload_2018-8-22_18-11-54.png

the temporal inconsistency of these bright spots makes the issue even worse.

apart from that the new lighting is quite pretty :)

Shuriyo likes this.
  2. jhuhan

SUNGLASSES PLIS

3. Silverglimmer

I don't think it's saturation, it's a bloom issue, you realize the super brightness on metallic surfaces and a super bright sun glow over water surfaces. I guess the bloom effect is a bit exaggerated :-) Anything else did surprise me, they enhanced not just textures, ambient sounds and animations (outfit animations come to my mind), they enhanced almost every single grafic effect you can produce with a DX11 system, especially light effects. DoF and LoD transitions look really much smoother and pretty brilliant now.
    If you have oversaturated surfaces or bloom is too bright, maybe use another photofilter effect, its not just the choice between vibrance (very saturated by default) and no-contrast, all other effects now look much better.

#3 Silverglimmer, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. Mimimimi

no, bloom is a different effect. the shining effect around the fairy is bloom.

what i am describing is the way too bright reflections in some cases. at least i would assume it is due to the reflections. as some of those pixels are just plain white i think i am not too wrong with saturated brightness.

5. Rinjyu

I looks horrible, I had to stop playing out of frustration. Not to mention the game still lacks proper graphics settings. The upside is, the game seems to run a bit better now, at least my consistent microstutter issue seemed to be gone.

6. Silverglimmer

I played some further and tested brightness in different locations, you may be right, brightness in general is too heavy, it effects normal light, sun glows, bloom effects and reflections. It should not be that hard to tune that down for PA in a patch. I wonder how it can happen to overtune brightness :-) usually such things happen on wrongly calibrated displays:P General monitor brightness is usually a value you never change after calibrating.

As some surfaces are sometimes overbright, during certain weathers (rainy), shadows are far too dark (pitch black) on the other side.

In addition adaptiveness of brightness seems buggy sometimes, sometimes you watch harsh and abrupt transitions from lightened areas (super bright) to shadowed areas (pitch black) on some surfaces.

Interiors like Kzarka and Kutum spawn locations look amazing though.

In addition edges and some other overbrightened surfaces like certain window structures, water or outfit parts sometimes have some annoying flickering effect, it looks like "z-fighting". I use a SLI-system, maybe its an effect of antialising generally not working for SLI systems.

EDIT: I miss my CP exp bar.

#6 Silverglimmer, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  7. Agnologia

Just compare theese two images and tell me which one is remastered and which one looks better. I'm really sad that it just looks shiet if you're not close up with your camera.
    2018-08-22_473145463.JPG 2018-08-22_473187866.JPG

8. Vanadiel

2 is remastered. You can spot is easily if you look in the distance. Everything is fogged up in a haze of grey in remastered.

Agnologia likes this.
  9. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

First off, I'm not playing with remastered graphics, the overdone bloom effects and awful adaptive brightness did my head in. I'm playing on "very high" with the "filmic" filter

Since yesterday's patch I'm having an issue with the game lighting while riding around on horseback, especially in the evening as the game transitions to night time. The world will suddenly go pitch black, and after about 5-10 seconds will snap back to normal. This doesn't seem like the same adaptive brightness effect seen in the remastered version.

Please fix this.

Junsui and VoldemortRMK like this.
  10. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Hey everyone, thanks for all your input! After receiving feedback from our players, we have received word that the developers plan to make adjustments to the brightness level experienced in the remastered version. We apologize for any inconvenience it might have been causing thus far and hope everyone is enjoying the overall graphical update. =)

Junsui, Spoon3er and Rakru like this.
  11. Schaapjeblaat

Some more settings to be adjustible would be nice, like a bloom slider for example.
    Also, in the remastered version the anti aliasing seems not te be working properly. Check those screen shots 4 posts up, lots more
    jagged edges visible in the bottom one. Looks the same on my computer (on a radeon 480)

12. Sumire

on remaster ultra ranger 2018-08-25_266581969.JPG 2018-08-25_266529306.JPG