1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Collect on Horse - Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicci, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Nicci

I'll start this off with an image that tells a story of my day today.

The Sad Horse Story.png

Ahem, so...

What happened here is I was doing the Valencia questline for the first time (I know, I'm a slacker) and was at the Gahaz bandits area. I used up a ton of buffs right before the questline ran me into the desert with some camel guy then sent me to Valencia with no horse. By then half my hour-long buffs were gone, so I quickly ran up to Ancado Inner Harbor thinking I could transport my character back to Shakatu without wasting the buffs. To my shock and surprise I couldn't (why not, anyway? I can ship Valencia --> Ancado --> Shakatu but not transport?). I then tried to remote collect my horse at Ancado and... poof, nothing. My horse got sent back to Shakatu while I was standing in Ancado. I then had to run back.

I've been playing BDO since 2017 and this mechanic has never changed. I get that there's a purpose behind not remote collecting items for trade across the world, but this process is clunky and could use some tweaking. Some thoughts:

1) A horse having "anything" in its inventory is too broad of a rule. My horse just had a couple items that I didn't want to get mixed up with the rest of my stuff for organizational purposes. I was carrying 2 helmets and 2 alchemy stones and was using versions that were better for exp grinding. My Vell stone and Griffon helmet surely aren't breaking any "intended gameplay" mechanic being in the horse's inventory for a remote collect. Changing this to be more specific like "trade items" would be more player-friendly.

2) If nothing else, remote collect shouldn't be a mystery or a crap shoot as to what is going to happen. Right now there is just one general message saying "are you sure you want to remote collect?" It shouldn't be too difficult to add a part of this message that actually lets the player know WHERE the remote collect will end up. Apart from the larger cost that players are penalized with to recover a horse (paying to recover for an action they didn't actually want if they knew where it would go), I have many times in the last 3 years had to painfully search through my many horses and stables just to figure out where my horse went.

It really is time to update this mechanic to be more intuitive, or at least more transparent. Thanks :)

Kiri_Dar and Rubyvulpa like this.
  2. Kiri_Dar

This would be a great improvement over current situation. Both suggestions should be done. The where it will end up should have been a thing since day one.

3. Rubyvulpa

Yes and yes ^-^