1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

63.4%
  2. No

19.6%
  3. Don't care

16.9%
  1. Tirae

:: PLEASE READ ::
    It has come to my attention that some people do not understand what the censorship is. Censorship comes in many forms and does not necessarily entail 'nudity'. The censorship on the Shai is entirely unnecessary as the costumes and outfits for them are not perverted in any way, shape, or form.

Please take a moment to read what others have posted and see any picture comparisons of the original models and what we were forced to deal with BEFORE making your vote.
    :: THANK YOU ::

This isn't a request to adjust the censorship, nor is it a request to make it dye able. The censorship itself was pointless as one can tell just by looking at the latest costumes released to us from the pearl shop, since the route they took for the Shai is vastly different from what they went for with the other female classes. I don't see any of the 'sexy' or 'revealing' outfits that some people seemed to be afraid of, but rather cute and playful costumes that fit more with the Shai in general.

I made this thread as per the advice given to me by both GM Ammy and GM Rhotaaz, and it is a subject I feel strongly enough to fight for. The censorship they forced upon us, their customers and player base, is a terrible Frankenstein of a mess. It clashes with most, if not all, outfits and costumes and has a large problem of clipping through outfits especially when sitting or during certain poses. Or simply standing in place, with the case of some.

I don't understand the need of censorship in this day and age to begin with (why not censor Tamer for example? Something of a double standard I think) and the censorship does not affect the so called 'deviants' since they would likely just grab an uncensor patch or a.. nude patch.. and carry on with their ways. The censorship only affects the rest of us, the normal players that just want to purchase cute outfits for our Shai characters that -DO NOT- clash / clip / or just look plain hideous.

I had admittedly purchased pearls before the Shai officially released for us for the purpose of buying the life skill costumes since I wanted to change to a Shai for a main character, and another as a main life skiller. But because of the hideous chop job they did with the censorship, I haven't purchased anything for my Shai. Nor will I unless they remove the censorship. I'm sure there are others doing the same thing.. as they say if they don't listen to reason, speak with your wallets right?

So all I want is the original models returned to us that was intended for the Shai. No pointless censorship, it is an INSULT to us players. If that never happens, so be it. I simply will not spend a penny on my Shai, which is sad because I do like the outfits so far if not for the censorship.

[​IMG]

*Edited* Above picture is what someone posted on a thread (now locked) showing an example of the censorship clipping through their armor.

And below pictures showing the costumes for Shai (also showing that the censorship is unnecessary). Both pictures were provided by someone else.

[​IMG]

#1 Tirae, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. Satsuki Hime

Wanted to vote but I see no button to press. Maybe you have to have so many posts first?

Vanraven and Tirae like this.
  3. Tirae

I'm thinking that the forum account needs to be a certain age in order for one to vote. Not certain, just that I was told by another they couldn't vote and they had only recently made their forum account. It would make sense to avoid people from making new forum accounts in order to vote repeatedly for what they wanted.

Lasty and Vanraven like this.
  4. WinterMilla

We fight to hide the underwear that is constantly showing to us who do not want to see them.

Schwertfee, Solitaire, Nuei and 5 others like this.
  5. Vanraven

The underwear clips through nearly all her costumes. Its a lazy way to censor what never needed to be censored in the first place. A lot of the costumes look horrible because of this. Either remove the censorship or fix the underwear to were no one can see them and they don't clip through armor.

Krixil, Schwertfee, naraeol and 8 others like this.
  6. pixelpengin

They don't even need to make it 'adult' underwear either. Give her some cute little bloomers that wont clip through the clothing!

7. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 59 NA

There is nothing sexual, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate about the original models. The changes that were made for the reason of "cultural differences" are completely unnecessary and unwanted. I would like to support the idea that the changes be removed so we have the same, original models that the KR version of the game has.

This goes both for the painted on pajamas during character editing, as well as the t-shirt and long shorts that are seen under the costumes during gameplay.

#7 Mcwill, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Inesperada, Tapunks, Krixil and 10 others like this.
  8. Tirae

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for what they had done. The costumes for the Shai have all been cute, and are fitting with the race. And it isn't even a legality issue either. Just look at the Elins for Terra Online, or some of the outfits for the Lyn race in Blade and Soul (Finally remembered the game I was thinking of). So why Shai, of all things, get a censorship?

Tapunks, Koadrom, Corrus and 5 others like this.
  9. Skilliard

After they censored Shai I stopped buying Pearls. Apparently they can't spend a few minutes removing p2w items from our version because "muh global build", but they can find the weeks of time to manually censor Shai, then proceed to ignore the community for a month when it's the 2nd largest thread on the forums.

No reason that they deserve my money.

Tapunks, Teeka, Koadrom and 9 others like this.
  10. Tirae

That is sad really. Which is why I think it is best for those who support us getting the original models for Shai like we were supposed to should take action in the form of not purchasing the outfits and such for them. Really sad that publishers and developers these days care so little about what we want until money gets involved.

Tapunks, Krixil, Teeka and 3 others like this.
  11. FreeWill

look we have less than 100 yes, probably 200 in the next months.
    they are surely going to change this.

12. Tirae

And yet in General there is a thread over 150 pages long on this subject, and a lesser suggestion of 'altering' the censorship to make it dyeable, which also has less than 100 yes, was included in the official monthly poll as a potential change.

We have a right as customers and a responsibility as gamers to make our voices heard. If you are fine with being ignored, having censorship forced down your throat, being treated like a deviant or an easy paycheck to be exploited, that is your business. Nothing changes if nothing changes, and progress isn't made by laying down and allowing yourself to be treated like a mat to be walked all over.

Heck, the Shai isn't an issue on a legal standpoint nor is it an issue on a moral one. PA or whatever got scared by the SJW crowd, or the easily offended, and thought they were taking a 'safe' approach by censoring something that didn't need censored when it came to the west. Think FFXIV bothered to censor Lalafell? Do you think FFXI bothered to censor Tarutaru? Are Elins from Terra Online censored anymore? Is Lyn from Blade and Soul censored at all? These games have had no issues, and in the case of both Elin and Lyn the outfits avaliable to them are far more risqué. The Shai costumes aren't even remotely close to such.

Also there are lots of players who don't even have forum accounts made, they just play the game. Many of them would probably be upset knowing the censorship forced upon us.

It wouldn't have even been an issue if they did something like what pixelpengin up there suggested. Cute bloomers or something that doesn't clip through the outfits, and doesn't affect the costume design by hiding the 'knees'.

Tapunks, Koadrom, Solitaire and 7 others like this.
  13. FreeWill

I am in no way fine with a game's developer company ignoring its customer, that is utterly stupid.
    and I am in no way fine with wasting my time.
    but since you're here doing the job for me and the others who don't even have forum accounts made. I thank you. go on. however long it will take.

Tapunks and Solitaire like this.
  14. XxXxBunnyxXxX

She looks cute to me either way.
    I wouldn't mind either way.
    She's cute and innocent still no matter what.
    Well to me at least.

What I honestly wish is they give her better hairstyles. All of them look the same almost or are ugly.

#14 XxXxBunnyxXxX, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Krixil and `Valor like this.
  15. James722

The only official response I can find on the internet is that it was changed to better fit their target audience. It really doesn't make sense. All of their promotional material is of the original model. Why advertise to your market one thing and say that it has to be changed for said market. Are legs and bellies really considered inappropriate these days?

Why make a controversy where one doesn't exist? They are halflings which are basically hobbits. The painted on shorts are ugly and I don't even think being able to dye them would make them better.

Tapunks and Koadrom like this.
  16. Tirae

Wow. I knew there was a lot of trolling and flaming in that general thread, but I don't think it should have been locked nor should they be 'threatening' to take action against anyone for essentially complaining that the censorship is unnecessary, should they have made another thread on the topic.

And target audience my butt. I don't think anyone wants any of their characters, not just Shai but any of the other classes as well, to have gross looking and poorly done leggings thrust upon them that clashes with the outfits and clips through many of them. That sort of comment just proves that they don't really care about their player base and instead listen to small group of easily offended who probably don't even play this game to begin with, or are likely just trolling. :(

Hopefully they will see reason and take this suggestion. I mean the censorship has no legal nor moral standing, it wont affect the players that choose to use playermade patches to 'undo' the censorship, only affects the rest of us (Yeah I know, I sound like a bit of a broken record at this point). And it obviously isn't for their target audience. I doubt anyone wanting to main Shai are genuinely 'happy' or approve of the censorship / leggings.

Tapunks, Koadrom, Aelisah and 2 others like this.
  17. Skilliard

Largest thread on the forums get closed without any official response from Kakao regarding the topic,nice. I do have to say it is nice not spending money on pearls anymore, I really should've stopped sooner.

18. Tirae

Honestly they should of left the thread open, if for nothing else than for a place for people to vent about this since they seem to ignore their players on the subject. But that is a smart move Skilliard, and something a CM had posted in that thread early on as a suggestion for those who have an issue with it. If no one buys the Shai costumes due to the censorship they will have to make a choice to rethink their position and return the original models to us.

After all I'm pretty sure their income and paychecks don't come from new players purchasing the game for the first time, but those who buy the outfits and other items from the pearl shop. Especially for a new character.

19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I agree with this and suggested it in the other thread. Sadly upon rethinking it a little more, I don't think they're gonna give a **** whether we buy shai costumes or not, so long as someone is buying costumes for classes they do like...it's not gonna matter for them.

Tapunks, Solitaire and Tirae like this.
  20. Tirae

Possibly. They could also look at it as a lot of potential sales lost though.. especially when everyone already has the costumes they want for the other classes, and yet there are a bunch of Shai running around without pearl shop costumes.

Or they could take the Terra Online route, so to speak, and a few months or a year down the road start releasing underwear and stuff for the Shai that wouldn't be censored as some kind of marketing ploy to suddenly make a bunch of sales for the Shai. I'm still going to try and get this change made. Are my efforts completely futile? Maybe. But if no one tries then nothing will ever change.

Tapunks, Koadrom, Raenhardt and 3 others like this.