1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Waifu_Hunter

it's their game they can do whatever they like but to do it so lazily is at this point not surprising. With what they charge they should be giving the impression to their customers that they are cared for.

2. WinterMilla

The reason I don't accept/compromise the censor is that by doing so it would be akin to saying something was wrong. Its like buying the same stake just like 5 other tables and paying more for it, only to be given the freezer burnt stake. I refuse to shut up about the shai censor until its either removed it or they ban me. I would throw the option to provide a decent counter argument as to why it was needed, but I won't hold my breath because I would hate to die waiting. How people can just willing accept/defend getting screwed over blantly is beyond my understanding,

3. Waifu_Hunter

if I don't spend money on what I don't like it will impact the people that matter and I can avoid the clown brigade. I'm not under any obligation to spend money on whatever I'm given, this is a video game there are plenty out there if I don't like it I'm not stuck here and this doesn't just apply to costumes but for example, I don't like having to buy weight increases and other garbage every time i change character and so I simply don't and when the qol limitations imposed on me are greater than what I am willing to tolerate I just go play something else. In this situation kakao/pa is the loser, not me.

Tirae likes this.
  4. WoollyWitch

I dont really understand this much outrage though. Its bad that they modified the original but the leggings can barely be seen. You'd only really notice if your looking up shai's dress or if her leg clips through her outfit.

Leverage likes this.
  5. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

He explained it, you pay same money for same product but you get something else. Will you shut up?

Orale, Solitaire, o0ABC0o and 3 others like this.
  6. WoollyWitch

Gear is free. Costumes are understandable, but the gear, is free. There was no selling done. And when you are buying a costume, you can see an example of what you are about to buy before you purchase it.

7. Joungf

Agree. It is your right as a player to get a proper answer why they blessed the shai class with a pyjama in NA and EU, same as they should explain me why they did not used the original, already implemented material of shai (model, character, voice, animation, etc.). Regarding this we are on the same boat.

8. WinterMilla

Gear cost you in game time + siliver, you can by pass that by selling costumes and VP on market to buy the gear. P2W
    Costumes are a problem because they show the uncensored shai in the promos for the outfits, yet we still get the censored vers of them for no reason. KR who gets the game for free (along with other things) get the uncensored shai. When people started to complained asking why they censored it, we don't get a reason. Well we get the copy past reason, but not the real reason. I personally have argued against the censor with logical and factual evidence to anyone who posted a reason why it should be censored. Its a bait and switch mixed in with treating people like a criminal.

9. XxShaiHealerxX

XxShaiHealerxX Shai 58 NA

It clips through the outfit a lot. It looks so ugly. It's always noticeable. You never have to look up for it to be seen.
    Fighting or just on the Donkey etc. Always able to notice.
    Can't take nice screenshots. They end up looking extremely ugly.
    :|

Orale, Solitaire, Risa and 5 others like this.
  10. Tirae

Then you aren't reading all the posts, or you are just skimming. Or you are one of those that are perfectly fine with letting others dictate what you do and what you are allowed to enjoy. You don't play a Shai I take it, otherwise you'd know just how noticeable the leggings are and just how terrible they mesh with most outfits and armors you wear, and how badly they clip through.

Aethyl, Orale, Solitaire and 7 others like this.
  11. minusthedrifter

[​IMG]

All three of those outfits are CASH SHOP real money outfits. That is absolutely not "barely seen," it outright ruins the first two, the third is tolerable but still very visible. Someone else posted another image of the actual armor models as well and it's the same for them as well.

12. Vanraven

I own the third one. When she is standing on any type of slanted environment or if her leg moves slightly foward, the pajamas clip right through. It looks AWFUL. Clearly PA just didn't give a crap when they did this. And yea the first two costumes are completely ruined by the censorship.

13. Satsuki Hime

Well, to be fair, the undergarments in those pictures are the cash shop PJ’s, not the default underwear. The ones in those images can be colored, so at LEAST you can make them look like pants.

The default undergarments for us are slightly shorter, and they DO ruin the first two especially because they do not go all the way into the boots AND they can’t be dyed.

14. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

I was initially outraged at the full body pajama outfit when I was creating the character and editing her body. Muscle definition is completely disabled and placing tattoos on her body is difficult because you can't see where they are until you somehow manage to move them to her arms or lower leg.

As for the outfits, they may be difficult to notice with some outfits, but they are blatantly obvious on others. One example is Red Nose armor(Seen in the screenshot in the original post). Another example is the cash shop alchemy outfit. The leggings completely cover her legs down passed her boots.

With all that being said, the outrage does not come from "barely noticing" it. The outrage is coming from the fact that content was changed solely on the fact that we live in a different region. I do not agree with the changes that were made and I do not accept their reason for doing it.

15. Veronaea

I'm against censorship like this period and it makes me very likely to stop paying any money and potentially stop playing.

Its poorly done, unnecessary (a quick look at the hips should tell that isn't a child's build), applied only to players, and only to kakaos version as far as I know. If the Xbox or ps4 is uncensored I will definitely be done with this company.

DosonTheGreat likes this.
  16. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

It doesn't even matter if the Shai WAS a child. The default underwear was never inappropriate to begin with, even for a "child." All of the "adult" classes are wearing a bra and panties while the Tamer and Shai were wearing a tube top and shorts to account for their younger look, which I believe is perfectly fine.

I can almost guarantee that the console version will also be censored unless we can convince the company to reverse the changes here.

17. artlessknave

it's hard to tell but...they aren't even censoring anything useful from what I can see, so having different models, maintained separately, for no actual purpose does seem extremely silly and wasteful. use that dev time to more costumes or something

DosonTheGreat likes this.
  18. Satsuki Hime

I’m an Xbox player. Pearl Abyss handles the consoles and Shai is censored.

19. Dalenos

20. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Indeed, NO censorship :p

cf.ghost, WinterMilla, Aethyl and 4 others like this.