1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Tirae

How is it a trivial non-issue to fight for your rights, so to speak? I understand people who don't play Shai might not see any problems, and is understandable, but the mindset that "It isn't my problem, just yours" is an issue in itself. As I stated in one of my posts, if you don't bother to fight for what should be fair and just let them decide to cut out content just for us, essentially tell lies, and treat us like deviants then it wont stop at just the Shai. It is opening a can of worms that could potentially affect everyone else in time.. especially with BDO being on PS4 which, pardon the expression, has become super **** about censorship on all things.

So next will come leggings and t-shirts for all the other women characters because sony doesn't like belly buttons or knees, or anything showing skin. And PA or whoever is in charge now will strive to appease because they think they will make more money by covering all the platforms, and so will use the same and newly censored models for PC and Xbox too.

Fateneko, Orale, Solitaire and 4 others like this.
  2. Joungf

In Court ... yes.
    But a discussion between persons, on forums, does not need any prove and evidences. This doing the little kids showing how cool they are.
    Mature persons do discuss on another level.

3. Satsuki Hime

Yes, it does. If I have an opinion, and all you can do to convince me my opinion is wrong is say “you’re wrong” without showing WHY I’m wrong, then I’m going to ignore you.

Which I’ll be doing right now.

Orale, Solitaire, o0ABC0o and 2 others like this.
  4. MegosCaptian

MegosCaptian Musa 61 EU

True that in normal discussion people does not have to give evidence. But when the discussion forms in to debate then it will work as Satsuki Hime said.

By the way in our university we have debate courses (first course being mandatory) in which we are taught tips for debates. For example how to win debate more easily etc.

Hugi02 likes this.
  5. Wodur

Figtht for your right, yes i agree.
    But debating over some pieces of cloth on a model in video game is a non issue for me..but clearly im in a minority here :p
    Any Better aim that passion and conviction at trying to solve real world issues instead.

6. Aethyl

... The censorship and everything it implies is the debate at hand in that topic. Of course that's what we are talking about here, even if it tends to run in circle. That's the whole point of the Suggestions subforum, make suggestions about BDO if we have an idea or don't agree about some things. Crazy, I know.

We don't approve any form of censorship or not being respectfully treated as paying customers of that mmorpg (still waiting for any official answer by the way), so we post here to try to get some attention. We just use the forum as it is intended to.

Coming here and saying that you don't care about it and that we should work on solving real world issues is completely off topic. At that point any discussion in that forum is useless (or on any social network / forum for that matter) and we should all leave our computer and go outside to make the world a better place, you being the first one. What are you even doing here posting if you don't care ? Go outside and plant some trees.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, even if I will reiterate what has been said a million times.

Many players care about the appearance of their characters in BDO, that's why they can pay hundred of $/€ to look good. Except on Shai you will always have to deal with the awful undyable pyjama. You pay to look like trash. And that's what's not acceptable.

The upcoming aroma outfit looks great. Except that the whole upper part will look awful on our version with the cape removed (around 1m20s). It doesn't even only concerns the knees and legs but that part as well.

And the thing is that the Shai was ALREADY censored in KR, by her very design and the very design of her clothes being all cutesy and longer skirts.
    Except it was a tasteful way of doing that censorship with good looking outfits who were thought out and designed to be safe, but for whatever reason they had to add another layer in our version when it wasn't needed.

If they didn't censor it like that in EU/NA, it would never have been an issue since the game doesn't have 18+ content, obviously.

That's what annoys me the most, alienating the EU/NA playerbase was completely and utterly useless on a technical, "moral", and legal aspect. They even do all their promotions on EU/NA with the uncensored material.

But it has been said times and times again. Now we can only hope that they take note and decide to fix it.

#326 Aethyl, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  7. Joungf

Yes, unfortunately there are some immature persons who insists of being right and knowing best and keep that behaviour in an stubborn way.
    In that case I say "I respect your position." and stop that discussion because of the endless repeating. I never expect that everyone must agree to my point of view and must think the way I do. But stubbornness in a conversation shows only bad conversation manners. There are far more ways to keep the conversation on an high level but still showing your own point of view.

8. Aethyl

LoranneSwimsuit.png

Ah, forgot to mention it as well in my earlier post (and sorry for cutting through the heated debate about maturity, keep it up), I'm not really sure if that's due to censorship (wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, that's why I'm posting it here) but this thing here is annoying as well. I'm not saying that the Shai should've had the same bikini as the other classes as a reward, but a cute swimsuit instead would have been appreciated. Just ... You know ... To get the same reward as any other class.
    Except it wouldn't of course even be possible for our version.

It really feels like they don't care much about the players of the new class, doubly so in EU / NA.

Orale, Solitaire, Nogardyne and 3 others like this.
  9. Tirae

I read in another thread that none of the versions included Shai for the event, not just NA/EU. If that is true or not I'm not sure, since I don't visit the Korean forums on it. But if they did you are right that we probably wouldn't get it here regardless with how things currently stand.

Nogardyne likes this.
  10. Wodur

And how many trees do you want me to plant in your name? ;)

Leverage and Maginha like this.
  11. Hypotermia

Im personally against any kind of censorship in any game for very simple reason. Game are mostly work of fiction and has nothing to do with stuff in real life. Its just entertainment to us.

Also when Shai censorship was firstly noticed by players many arguments were flown that it would attract pedophiles to game and so on. Which is utter bs. There is no real evidence of pedophiles being attracted to work of fiction yet alone evidence they would join the game to look child like characters.

And players who say that this is legit argument are just hypocrites.

We can just easily say that because we have child like character it attracts child abusers who love to beat childs. This alone proves how ridiculous this pedophile claim is.

Top of that we can easily turn any matter upside down and find down sides on it and have it banned, censored and so on if we want. Someone can kill another by using water so lets ban water and so on. Its ridiculous.

Kakao doing this they literally say that Shai is underage which she isn't and chickened out. There is no legit reason not to have uncensored.
    There is not single country in EU or NA which would cause any problems to Kakao. We can look BnS which has a lot more revealing costumes on child like characters and that game is doing completely fine.

World is heading to most retarded direction. Some nations banning child like characters based on that it will feed pedophilia but yet alone there is 0 evidence to support this nor any researches. And only reason this is happening is that small part of ppl who are twisted in head are just manipulating masses with ridiculous claims to get support for it and manage to get something banned.

12. MegosCaptian

MegosCaptian Musa 61 EU

This is something that the people who like censored more should know. It does not matter if you like uncensored or censored more, every sane person should be against false advertisement.

Orale, cloj, o0ABC0o and 3 others like this.
  13. Pixsa

As a Mum and a Grandma and possibly in the near future a Great Grandma (yes I am that old) I do object to the changes to the Shai because I feel they were unnecessary. We all jump to blaming PA or Kakao or whoever for the changes but take no responsibility ourselves. Just sit in game and look at chat for an hour or so and see some of the disgusting comments made.... I remember when GW2 was first released they decided from day 1 what they wanted their game to be like and they banned people for being inappropriate. GW2 was then and always has been a game where the player base is much more respectful of each other.

1 hour on BDO chat you hear about sex, **** sex, oral sex and just sex sex sex, and these days because gamers seem to be slipping into this area where they think they have the right to say whatever they like they usually include disgusting and graphic stuff they want to do to the Shai. I have to wonder if different decisions would be made if we didnt have this core of ugliness in the game.

14. WoollyWitch

As a shai main, thats something I do have to put up with frequently. Its gross

Fateneko, Orale, Satsuki Hime and 2 others like this.
  15. Pixsa

Shaisun.jpg
    Yep I to have put my witch away to concentrate on this little lady she is so much fun to play :D

16. Satsuki Hime

Seriously. I just started turning the chat window off entirely until Xbox got the ability to filter and then I just turned off the Server chat, which is where 90% of them live.

17. WoollyWitch

Its not like I do nothing to stop it. I do mute them. I was simply making a statement.

18. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

Yes, this is true. Server chat is obnoxious. Once I finally joined a guild, I just tucked server chat into a tab all by itself where I can't see it.
    Unfortunately, censoring the Shai did nothing to alleviate the ugly language. They will continue to behave this way regardless of the censorship.

19. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

Cannot say it's a total win, but a partial one! Look!

[​IMG]

I hope they modified also the basic one, but honestly I don't dare to hope too much at this point.
    It will probably be only the one of the cash shop like this, but at least it's better than nothing!
    I would have loved that the pajama was like this from the start!

Ps, the Florchestra outfit it's terribly cute! I hope that the Aroma outfit will the be next one **

Edit: the basic pajama is still the same, pity. At least now we have an alternative for it, even if it costs 7€, at least in europe.

#339 Valliere, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Orale, Lillekolibri, Maginha and 7 others like this.
  20. Hypotermia

Too bad its 7 euros too much. I have personally shut down my wallet in bdo till censorship is reverted