1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

I totally understand that, I cannot argue with it, but they've shown that they are at least reading what we are complaining about (I stopped after a time 'cause it was beginning to be too much, but I always looked after every reply in this discussion, and I've only wrote on this thread 'cause it seemed the only one in which the argument is treated somehow seriously and not in weird/uncomfortable way). It's the best action that they've could have taken? No, of course not. But at least it's something.
    Tbh I'm fine with censorship not totally removed, I understand why they've taken the initial decision, I just don't agree on how much excessive it is, but I also know that the majority of the people in this thread think a different thing than me and I totally get it too. My position it's in the middle.

So for me (personal opinion, again) it's ok for the censorship to remain, but a less axcessive one at least.

#341 Valliere, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Solitaire and o0ABC0o like this.
  2. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

FINNALY !!
    [​IMG]

After so many weeks of ranting. Some satisfaction in the end. Yes.

-> Thank you everyone who supported this and contributed to this change.
    You guys are the remaining sane people in this world, make sure to have a lot of babies.

@DosonTheGreat Even if at some point I wasn't sure if you wanted to help or nuke us, I am so thankful for your support and your trolling way to have a point, haha xD
    You are great Doson, the knees are free, congrats.

@Narcosis In my eyes, you've been one of the wisest and strong support here. I sincerely hope you will change your mind and come back to enjoy the game again. C:

@Tirae Oh man, you haven't talked much, but when you did, it did strike like a nuclear weapon. You are the exact definition of a Shai, little but strong!

@Mcwill Here you are as well, after many very good arguments I hope you can finally find peace and enjoy the game!

@WinterMilla You are a living novel, you destroyed every arguments brought to you and did deep researches for every of them. You have my full respect.

@Aelisah I loved your attitude all along, I wish more people was like you on this forum. I wish you the best!

-> I also would like to give a word to some of the stronger pro censorship as well.

@Factorial You said people wanted more than just this. Well, I cannot talk for everyone but this is the only thing I wanted for sure, I am fully done with this topic and I can forget about this forum now.

@GreyRebel I do realize this topic has been quite sensible for you. I hope you will find peace in the end and accept that the Shai is still non sexual. By the way, I will keep my word if the devs ever consider introducing lewd stuffs for Shai, I'll be there fighting against it with you.

@Joungf Your attitude has been changing so much, I was not sure if you were just trolling or serious at times. But it doesn't matter.
    I think there is a good lesson to learn here, nothing happens if you don't make it change. Unlike what you advised us, we continued fighting and recieved what we wanted in the end. I hope this will help consider things differently in the future. Take care C:

@reconkangas I told you not to talk too fast mr.donkey! ^- ^
    I'm not really sure why you thought you'd decide on your own of the future of the Shai but I hope you will also learn from this. No hard feelings though, I wish you the best. C:

@Ben Phoenix Thank you for not insulting us as much as the others, haha. You brought valuable counter arguments while being okay with the removal of the leggings. You have my respect, take care.

Oh and by the way, despite your terrible communication, Thank you Kakao/PA. ^- ^

Aethyl, Orale, Ventesa and 7 others like this.
  3. Tirae

TBH I'm not entirely sure what to think or how to feel. It is certainly a step in the right direction, just sad that it's stuck behind a purchase requirement. I'd like to know how it works with different outfits though. Like if there is any clipping problems still or if the clipping is no longer an issue with these new pajamas.

I still think it's a band aid for something that was a non-issue from the start, but glad that we aren't being entirely ignored. I also understand people's issues about ingame chat but like was pointed out, nothing will stop those people. They probably run around with nude mods anyways. If anyone did grab the new pajamas and wouldn't mind sharing screenshots of them in different outfits I'd appreciate it.

Solitaire, MegosCaptian and cloj like this.
  4. DosonTheGreat

haha! Censor bros BTFO. Now what are you gunna do? Didn't they say I would ask for lewd costumes next? They thought it would never happen, and thus they could not be proven wrong about that. But as usual, censor bros get btfo time after time. Don't let anyone try to tell you that flipping out like a maniac doesn't work. They just don't want you to grasp true victory. I cannot be led astray. I saw the shinning ray of victory upon the horizon, lighting my path.

Only problem here is that my level of care regarding this game has dropped greatly due to these absurd shenanigans that Kakao has pulled. I may come back and play after I beat the new Savage raid in ff14. I just beat the first turn, and I can feel ultimate glory within my reach. MARCH FORWARD! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Doson wins.

5. Tenerezza

Clipping is still a mayor issue for everything Shai, take the new dress example, Dyed the underwear white, you can see it at the top but it's not that bad for this dress, but the clipping part of the dress is still there like always.

upload_2019-7-31_15-5-31.png

Solitaire and cloj like this.
  6. Kiwaso

Eliminating the stupidity they made unnecessary costs €7. I see it absurd.
    As you say: Worse is nothing.
    Personally I prefer to wait for them to launch one of the outfits that are already in Korea.
    They could also have given us that new pajamas to those of us who bought the previous one, BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME

Orale, Fateneko, Aelisah and 3 others like this.
  7. WinterMilla

upload_2019-7-31_8-6-15.png
    upload_2019-7-31_8-6-36.png
    upload_2019-7-31_8-7-9.png
    upload_2019-7-31_8-7-34.png
    upload_2019-7-31_8-7-53.png

while steps in the right direction some outfits still suffer, kinda sucks with the pay wall.

Aethyl, Orale, Ventesa and 7 others like this.
  8. cloj

Difference in cultural values indeed.

Step 1: Censor a character model that doesn't need to be censored.
    Step 2: Release fully censored outfit only available through Pearl Shop purchase.
    Step 3: Profit
    Step 4: Release a little less censored version of the same outfit.
    Step 5: Profit
    Step 6: Rinse and repeat Step 4 and Step 5

Despicable, manipulative, and shameful.

Fateneko, Orale, Aelisah and 7 others like this.
  9. Tirae

Ick. Sucks that there is still clipping. And thanks for the screenshots.. at least I know not to give in yet and continue to save money. x3 I really wish they would test out these changes first before releasing them to the public, because one of our big complaints (other than the leggings not meshing well with outfits, and it being unnecessary) was the clipping that it caused. In this day and age of gaming, clipping shouldn't even be an issue anymore.

I have to agree. Instead of selling it as a new pajamas set, they should of just altered the current one, or at least give those who had purchased the previous the option to return it as a refund and choose whichever one they want.

Aethyl, Solitaire and cloj like this.
  10. WinterMilla

I'm in a weird spot. On one hand, Finally thank god I can wear outfits on shai. On the other hand, its still there, that censor is still there and it still cuts in outfits.

11. Satsuki Hime

And Xbox didn’t get that or Awakening for Shai yet. D:<:(

12. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

While I am glad that they released an underwear model for us and the fact that the underwear does remove the hideous t-shirt/leggings, I don't consider it a total win. The first reason being is that the censorship still exists. If you don't pay money, the ugly underwear remains Second reason is because it's behind a pay-wall(Which a lot of people actually guessed would happen).

Either way, the biggest complaint about the censorship is "fixed" with this release, which is the leggings poking out from under the armors, so if that's enough for you, then I wish you the best. I'm still holding out for a complete removal of the censorship, but we'll see.

Fateneko, Orale, Solitaire and 7 others like this.
  13. Jarvan

As I've said in the locked main post, this might be a business move and it looks like they finally spilled the beans. They might even slowly release the rest of the underwear options one by one.

But forcing a paywall like this to not look ugly imo is kind of predatory. And although I'm glad we have an option now to free the knees, the pajamas is still very ugly and does show through with some outfits such as the alchemist one around the waist. I rather have a plain color or bandages like the KR default one.. ( and don't tell me to dye...thats another paywall)

Orale, Solitaire, Haishao and 3 others like this.
  14. minusthedrifter

I am thrilled they finally gave us something, however I'm not thrilled that it's not only behind a paywall but it also still has clipping issues. It's a half measure but it's better than nothing, and it hopefully proves to PA that the world isn't going to explode and the FBI won't kick down their doors for showing Shai thigh.

Ideally we still need the default underwear to be changed back to the KR version. There's no reason Shai should have to purchase the ability for their cash shop outfit to not look like garbage. The default underwear should be the boyshorts and bra they were originally intended to be.

Never the less, at least this is a step in the right direction.

Nogardyne, Orale, Solitaire and 2 others like this.
  15. Haishao

A 10$ bandaid to circumvent an issue that is fabricated by Kakao/PA to sell 10$ bandaids.

Orale, Aethyl, Solitaire and 5 others like this.
  16. KeeperG

Do the right thing Kakao

17. Shuusaku

Much better, but still looks ugly on certain costumes. And those clipping issues. I would not complain if that was for free, but if you are paying money for visual looks you are expecting them to be glitch free at the very least. Going to wait until it is fixed.

Aethyl, Solitaire and Tirae like this.
  18. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

Correct me If I am wrong but I think they never reverted the changes on Tera’s Elins, they simply stopped censoring their newly released outfits at some point.

The forced payment on the undies sucks a lot and the new undies clip in areas the default korean undies wouldn’t.
    I’m not saying it is impossible and that we should lose hope, but I believe that reverting the changes applied to the Shai would make the company admit many things and show their positions, not only resulting in looking silly to their customers but also flame many of them.

Looking at the « Do it better » recent suggestion which has been applied to the game. It is now very clear that they are paying attention to us. Now I don’t know what pushed them to finnaly release something that would pretty much nullify the censorship, either low sales or the constant demand from the community, but what I mostly see is that they opened a HUGE door.
    It might look like a little a little rock floating in the middle of the ocean, but I see an iceberg there. If the sales are going up through this move or/and the undies are well accepted by the community, I believe nothing will stop them from releasing all the other undies available in Korea at some point. They proved there is no law or anything keeping them from doing that. This is very good news.

But who know, instead of reverting, maybe at some point they could give us the option to switch the visual of the default undies to KR version locally. But that’s effort I’m not sure they are willing to take (especially since it won’t boost their sales).

Anyways, I know there are all kind of different takes on this matter but as for myself, I don’t consider playing this game without buying outfits and undies for my characters, so it doesn’t change much for me, I do not feel like they forced me to buy because I would have normally bought undies eventually...

Nogardyne, Orale, Aethyl and 4 others like this.
  19. Tirae

You are correct. Last time I played Tera Online, the sets that were originally censored are still censored. Could be because they didn't want to admit to their mistake, or they were simply too lazy / didn't care since people were happy with the newly released uncensored content. While yes the new pajamas are a step in the right direction, and they do seem to be listening to us in part, it is still a bit lazily done. As pointed out by another it is pretty much the 'first' pajamas set they tossed at us (as their idea for a 'dyeable' leggings) just with shorter leg parts to address the issue of it poking out from beneath the skirt of a few costumes.

The clipping issue is still present sadly, and that is because the pajamas are 'unnatural'. They need to test these things a bit better before releasing them I feel, as clipping should not be happening with any of them. And I understand others 'outrage' about needing to repurchase the pajamas to try and erase the meshing issue caused by the censorship. As I stated in my previous post I feel that they should have just replaced the old one with this version instead of trying to market it as an entirely new set.

If it works for you that is good, and I'm not saying that it is a bad change. I just feel that they can do better. This isn't Tera Online, it's ran by a different group. Would be better for them (and in some of our minds) for them to just admit to their mistake and revert the change. It is a very simple process for them to do. All it is is taking the resource from the original content and patching it back to our current one.. issue fixed. That is how I assume the 'uncensor' patch works. Believe that is how it worked for Tera as well.

Nogardyne, Orale, Aethyl and 3 others like this.
  20. Joungf

Congratulations!

As I wrote before: Never seek logic in PA / Kakao's actions, decisions and implementations.
    Why not this from the beginning? Why torturing so many player with that? I should stop asking questions in PA / Kakao's direction ....