1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

That would be the best outcome possible and I really hope they will.
    But I am not holding my breath on that.

Also, doesn't KR have both pajamas versions? Replacing one by the other would probably cause more issues than fixing... especially if that person liked the long pajamas *chokes* :x

I think they might be unsure what to do. Hence the lack of communication.
    The release of the new undies might be a safe test to see how well or not it will be recieved.

#361 o0ABC0o, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Nogardyne likes this.
  2. Narcosis

While I normally wouldn't reply to this, I have to mention everyone goes happy way to quick. This isn't any form of "success", it's more of a slap in the face if anything. Furthermore everyone interested now have to pay for this and while it is some sort of a step in the right direction, it's far from being right in any sense. PA and Kakao are using people's naivety to fuel their business, while trying to come out of this as not being responsible for entire fiasco in the first place.

Likewise, this "costume" wasn't ever meant to be used as an underwear; it's garbage tier vanity item that's supposed to supplement player's housing.

@o0ABC0o Thank you for your kind words, but my issues with this game always went further beyond just the "visual" factor. BDO is a deeply flawed mmorpg with a huge potential, which sadly was never fulfilled and probably won't ever be. Devs themselves were unable to realize it and if they can't, no one else can.

Nogardyne, Phoenixxx75, Orale and 7 others like this.
  3. Joungf

Wise words. I hope PA / Kakao got that message in your posting.

4. Kiwaso

What if we send a ticket to Korea support denouncing what is happening in the west?

5. James722

It is a slight improvement. The problem with it is you have to purchase it. A step in the right direction I would agree with if it didn't cost money. It's hard to give any praise for selling something slightly better when they created the problem in the first place. There was nothing wrong with the original version.

6. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

I know this isn't a solution yet for many but the leggings poking beneath the outfit was the main issue for me xD. And my shai's hair is so long in combat stance I don't rly see the pajamas by the neck unless I am actually searching for it (nor would I be facing my char while she is in combat stance anyway).

2019-08-01_1985314567.JPG
    2019-08-01_1991804899.JPG
    Now hopefully my donkey learns Run Run otherwise I'll be switching to one of my dreamhorses early. The donkey is so cute I'd love to keep him as her main mount even if hes slower than a dreamhorse xD

I'm so happy to finally get to start my shai journey! There are still many outfits I wouldn't buy unless the censorship is fully gone but for the curious gatherer costume the shorts pajamas work for me.

#366 Ventesa, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  7. MinMaid

MinMaid 61 NA

We need a bandaid underwear tbh

8. ghoulz666

Praising a solution that has to be bought when it previously did not exist. This was done on purpose to milk you.

Exploit the consumer 101

#368 ghoulz666, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
    Phoenixxx75, Aethyl and WoollyWitch like this.
  9. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

For those who always intended to buy underwear for their class (such as myself) that "paywall" doesn't rly bother them as they would have spent that money anyway. Just needed a viable option. Though I do feel for those who do not want to be forced to spend money on their shai and a solution for them certainly needs to be brought around...

10. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

The problem with this is that while Kakao may have a hand in this, the decision is 80% PA's fault. To explain further, the XBox version of the game is managed directly by them and it has the same censorship. So actually By sending a ticket to PA, you would send a ticket to the same people who chose to censor the class in the West.

If I would send a ticket to Korea, instead of denouncing, I would do a list of things that we find wrong because of the extreme censorship we have and how it is their fault for being their decision.
    At the end probably Kakao isn't that much at fault. I am more... not really angered, but bothered, even annoyed at the Koreans developers more than Kakao.

I mean, what's wrong with the new pajama? couldn't they just put this on day 1 and not make us complain for a whole month to obtain a little something? And why not change the standard underwear to something akin to the new pajama now? why keep this useless censorship? Does the new underwear have something wrong? Maybe even sexual? No! It's totaly normal and totally safe, and what we are asking since the start, you have a short pajama, the people who wants to not to see the leggings under the skirt are happy, the pro censor are happy = best outcome possible!
    (maybe not really everyone, but I think that to the majority of people it would be an improvement)

((I am asking myself rhetoric questions, I know the reason, money, as always))

#370 Valliere, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Nogardyne, cloj, Orale and 4 others like this.
  11. WinterMilla

Tbh i was about to load up yesterday about $100 to buy some shai stuff until I asked myself, "Is this really what you asked for?". I remember posting about not wanting a compromise, but a full removal of the censor. The "fix" feels like putting duct tape on a leaking pipe and calling it a day. Sure the leak stopped, but soon that tape will give way and might cause bigger damage. If I were to accept the underwear as its given now it would undermine what I aimed to do. No one should buy the underwear until they release all the ones in KR and remove the censor as a whole.

The real kick in the butt is the fact you pay for the game, then have to pay to uncensor the costume (which it still censor other costumes).

cloj, Phoenixxx75, Orale and 7 others like this.
  12. Tirae

I haven't bought it yet and still holding out until a full change hopefully happens. In the meantime doing AFK strength training on my 4th Shai, one in which will hopefully be my new life skilling character should they finally remove the censorship and release the rest of the Shai content for us.

Nogardyne, cloj, Aethyl and 1 other person like this.
  13. minusthedrifter

Likewise, as much as I'm happy they introduced it I won't be paying for it, at least not for that particular set of underwear. If they release some of the other cute KR ones I could be (AKA 100%) persuaded to buy them.

Otherwise, I'm just glad that the Herb Gathering outfit is as adorable as it is so I don't actually need to bother with seeing underwear sticking out at all. Which helps me not bother to spend more money on my Shai.

14. Tirae

Waiting to see what the next patch might bring, if anything. I haven't done too much playing lately, just having my Shai on an auto-loop for days for now, strength training. It might be what happens after next maintenance on what I'll do. Legends of Aria is coming to Steam and happens to fall on my mother's birthday too, so may end up trying that. There are a couple other MMOs I have my eyes on that aren't released yet but should be in the not-so-distant future. So here is hoping they finally revert the unnecessary changes for us.

Aethyl likes this.
  15. Saunatonttu

I'm just gonna take a second of my time to reply here since I saw you link that video of that outfit. Just to actually show it better with a comparison between the original model and summer pajamas, you can imagine a third comparison with the default NA/EU underwear.
    I really do hope we'll actually get Shai uncensored and this outfit unmodified soon.

I would spoiler the images because they're so big but I actually have no idea how to do it so sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#375 Saunatonttu, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  16. I've see that outfit (Marigold Sunset) and obviously the pyjama short is a bait because they know they won't sell it after they release that outfit. The censure is a mess.
    Marketing strategy for sure.

cloj, Tirae and Aethyl like this.
  17. Aethyl

Heyyy, really appreciating the effort, it really shows how bad it is even with the only cash shop underwears we have access to. Thanks alot.
    It also shows, once again, that every shai outfit was designed with the basic korean uncensored underwear in mind.

So, yeah, concerning what we got, just a few personal thoughts.

I legitimately think it is a step in the right direction, it at least shows that the ugly t-shirt + short we got can be removed and isn't directly part of the character model. So they CAN give us better underwear in the future. It also shows that they are not that afraid to show some skin, which is once again reassuring.

Yeaaah, that will be my second point, it really feels like it may be the actual answer. If that is the case, that is a really cheap move, PA, even for you. Creating issues to fix them later in the cash shop ? That's not really the kind of direction I think I want to support.

Third point, let's be honest, the cash shop underwears we got are quite ugly, or at least don't mesh well at all with the outfits because of the flowery pattern + frills. When it's put on with an outfit or even an armor, the frills get flattened on the player model and we end up with a wiggly t-shirt that looks quite bad. You can see it in the images posted by the kind soul two posts before mine. We just need better, simpler, looking underwears that mesh well with outfits. And with some goddamn bare shoulders.

Anyway, all this means I still didn't invest into pearls for my shai. It's a step in the right direction PA, it can give us some hope, and I will thank you for that, but you definitely can do better in the future.

Wait and see.

#377 Aethyl, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    minusthedrifter, cloj and Tirae like this.
  18. Shuusaku

Yes, the shoulder area looks silly on some costumes, because they clearly were designed with default uncensored underwear in mind.

19. Skilliard

You'd think Kakao would've at least offered a toggle by now. Nope, they don't care. Sigh.

20. Tirae

I haven't finished patching yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed whenever I'm able to log in. And sad, no less. I'll be holding up to my decision though and taking a long break from BDO, or simply stop playing entirely. I despise the censorship, especially one as unnecessary as this. I may try keeping this thread alive for those who want to keep up the fight but I'm not going to settle for poor band aids or having to resort to patching out the censorship myself using the Korean models.