1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. WinterMilla

I'm mostly gonna follow the same and just afk fish till they fix it (among other things) or I forget to open it. Just tired of companies slapping people in the face then asking for money.

2. Skilliard

I'm also on the same boat. I got my Shai to 58 for the 500 million silver, then I've just been lifeskilling since. Have not spent a dime on pearls since the censorship, and I intend to keep it that way until they reverse it.

The first couple patches after the censorship I was hopeful they would reverse it due to the outcry, it was literally the most replied thread on the forums , and then they closed it. Now I'm losing hope.

But on a plus side, I've been able to save & invest a lot more because i haven't been dumping hundreds per month on pearls, so this is probably for the best. It gave me an excuse to break my overspending habit on BDO lol.

minusthedrifter likes this.
  3. minusthedrifter

Same deal here. I came back to BDO cause of Shai and dropped literal hundreds in the past few months getting her all decked out. It wasn't until the Gatherers Outfit and Alchemist one that really triggered my need for the uncensored since it completely ruins those two outfits.

Either way I haven't spent a dime since then. The new outfit is super cute, and tempting, but I know that those Summer PJs have clipping issues with other outfits and they still stick out of the Alchemist one and Cooking I imagine (haven't checked since the oath today, been at work.) If PA wants me to open my wallet again they're going to either need to remove the censorship, or release one of those adorable ones KR gets that won't clip and cover the shoulders.

Nogardyne and Lillekolibri like this.
  4. Winterklinge

Tbh I would like the leggins thing a a choice cause I like the look on the gathering costum...but for the rest it looks so terrible even if it would be colorable.

In the beginning I was hoping so much that they would make shai not sexy (no dexy underwear or kibelius) but they went to far by a lot.
    I think nobody wanted that outcomr and I have no idea who would get offended by normal shorts and tanktop underwear.
    I did not buy the pearl underwear cause I found them even more horrible (who even thought of thise patterns?)
    I dont have that big problem with the leggins...but the top part of the tshirt shows with ever pearlcostum -.-
    I wpuld not have bought anythung for her but had some luck sniping two costum from the market and I totally woulf buy more if they would give us a pearlshop underwear option that look normal.
    I mean, sure Shai would need to buy underwear but most other female classes show their default underwear too (its just not that obviouse).
    But I stand with you and hioe they will change their mindes soon

5. Hypotermia

Meanwhile this is bit from the different side of coin and different topic but the fundamental idea is very important.

While its about hentai same thing can be very easily applied in here also very nice term is thought police

6. hightech

Man look up the pearl shop // There is underwaer that you can buy and voila the "censorship" is gone.

7. Saunatonttu

Yeah no, I don't think that a partial fix behind a paywall for something that shouldn't even have been there in the first place counts as "the censorship being gone".

Teeka and minusthedrifter like this.
  8. Skilliard

1. It still has clipping issues just like the original, also visible by the shoulders and does not match the costumes at all.

2. The idea that consumers should be expected to pay to avoid censorship isn't right.

Teeka and minusthedrifter like this.
  9. hightech

Sometimes life is not easy.
    But....you do have the chance for around 8 bucks to get what you want.
    shorter underwear.

Haha... I get you a way of sorting your issue and you just complain additionally that the solution is not your taste....oh man.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  10. Skilliard

That wasn't the solution people want. the solution is to make things the same way kr is. You know, "global build" and all. Apparently they *have* to give us pay2win because of the global build despite the entire community complaining, but they can go out of their way to change Shai for our version despite no one asking them to.

I'm not giving them more money unless they get things right

Teeka, minusthedrifter and Tirae like this.
  11. Tirae

It is our right as paying customers to complain when we are obviously getting shafted. Glad that you are happy / content with terrible decisions by a company against its consumers. So sad that today's gamers are without any pride and easily accept obvious abuse.

12. hightech

Ok different culture different approach.
    I bet if they did not do the censorship some other guys would flame that the developers are lolli´s and how it could be that a game is supporting any sort of content in this direction. To be save as a company remove the censorship for the guys that want if juts for quality reasons.

To completley change to the so called not censored version would get the people on stage who do see an issue in the short underwaer.

You see not that easy for kakako to solve it to everyones taste,

Uff to be honest...I can understand the frustration but on the other hand that is a lot of noise for nothing.
    Let´s fix one point. I do have the possibility to get angry about my hobby or I skip certain decisions the company did but that does not affect my overall gameplay. So, it doesn´t matter for me.

And you are correct, flagging unfair stuff is great.
    But come one we are talking about underwear meanwhile. There are a lot of other issues.
    I find they should make it worth grinding together and not just the group spots, that would make a huge difference.

13. Satsuki Hime

Ok, I can give an example of why you’re wrong about this. Compare Dead or Alive 6 with SoulCalibur VI.

Back when both games were announced, the producer of DoA 6 was falling all over himself talking about how the aesthetics had changed, how they were modernizing, the “sexy” was toned down!

SoulCalibur VI, on the other hand? They were asked about the series usual skimpy outfits and Okubo just flat out said “This is our design, this is what we do and we aren’t changing.” It was never brought up again. It still hasn’t, despite having multiple canonically underage characters that can wear literally the same clothing (and have default outfits that show way more skin than the Shai EVER will.. NPCs included).

Meanwhile, Dead or Alive got lambasted for their statements. The game went back and forth, until nobody knew what the hell was going on, and at launch, it bombed hard. Preorders were way down and the game’s launch was a total cluster. They tried to please everybody, and wound up alienating them all instead.

The lesson? Just do what you’re gonna do and stop worrying. Submit the game to the ESRB uncut. If something won’t fly, they’ll tell you, and then you adjust. Trying to preempt an outrage is virtually guaranteeing you’ll cause one instead.

14. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

I disagree. While I'm sure there would be a handful of people here and there that might make a comment about it, there would be no outrage. I don't think very many people would care. You also have to consider that players only see the default underwear during character creation.

Yes, the game has many issues, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore one of them because you personally believe one issue is more important than the other. This issue is a big deal for some people, including myself. I don't enjoy having content blocked from me simply because somebody else claims my "culture" deems it inappropriate. That should be for me to decide, not some random group of people on the other side of the planet.

15. Saunatonttu

Yeah no, as a final edit to this I'm gonna stand by what I had here earlier no matter how it sounds.
    Just give the shai treatment to the other classes and censor them too while you're at it if it is because of "cultural differences".
    I feel like many cultures would say that multiple outfits on the other classes are more "inappropriate" for our sensitive eyes than anything related to shai originally is.

I mean I'm half joking with that, but that also means I'm half serious with that.

#395 Saunatonttu, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Aelisah and minusthedrifter like this.
  16. WinterMilla

Hard for the culture argument to work as NA doesnt have a defined culture and EU is made up of multiple cultures.

17. Skilliard

I find it pathetic that they're still using uncensored models in marketing materials. Class action when? /s

Lillekolibri likes this.
  18. Saunatonttu

It would really make this a lot better if they would even acknowledge this feedback from EU/NA instead of going with one of the most annoying tactics, the good old "ignoring those who care about it until they forget about it" tactic.
    Especially considering that this very thread has now become the second most replied thread in our suggestion forums.

Editing here that I completely forgot about the paywall "partial fix pajamas" while writing the above. So I guess they have kinda acknowledged it somewhat and really just seem to be silently waiting for everyone to forget about the rest.

#398 Saunatonttu, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  19. Tirae

I still am hoping they will come to their senses and undo their terrible change, but I've left BDO since Aug 7th. Haven't logged on to play since.. just come here to the forum occasionally to check on this thread and see how things are going. Playing other games with my friends right now. Legends of Aria (by myself sadly ;-;), Eve Online, and 7dtd. Another friend wanting me to play WoW Classic with her when it releases later this month.

20. WinterMilla

im jumping ship soon enough