1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

62.0%
  2. No

21.0%
  3. Don't care

17.0%
  1. Lillekolibri

minusthedrifter and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Saunatonttu

Censoring the outfits themselves would've only been marginally better, and even then only if they didn't feel like a rush job like the current censorship is.
    Even with that said, there's only one actual outfit for shai that we haven't gotten yet but others have gotten a while back. I myself even posted a couple of pictures of said outfit a couple pages back. The fact that we haven't gotten it yet, even modified, says to me that they don't want to bother censoring the outfits themselves, and that shai's shoulders are the biggest no-no there is for some reason that I can't seem to wrap my head around why.

And that's too bad for me since that specific outfit has been the first outfit in the game that I felt like I wanted to spend pearls on. Modify it, release it with the shai censorship still intact, or just don't release it at all. I guess my shai can live without an outfit and PA can live without my money then.

3. minusthedrifter

[​IMG]

I know the defaults have been posted already, but this is the new outfit alongside the "Summer PJs" still looking like utter garbage.

Another week PA has saved me from spending anymore money in their game with this ridiculous ****.

4. Lointaine

Just some news from aboard. Today RU BDO greatly reduced censorship level. Character creation is still censored with flower pajamas, but when one wears any outfit using default underwear, legs/belly/shoulder areas seem to be open now.
    Still seems to be not the default underwear, but for 95% of outfits it won't be visible at all. I'm not sure about how it'll work with the new KR open-shoulder outfit though.
    I really don't understand what is PA thinking. Do they honestly believe that default shai is so lewd that West can't handle it? Anyway, I really wish for you all to stay strong. There was no reason for this censorship to begin with. Since we've got some actual results in RU region, maybe we still can win.

Best regards ~

5. Saunatonttu

So RU gets greatly reduced censorship levels while we get previous pearl shop updates retroactively modified to reflect our censorship. I'm not sure if that means that they have now decided that NA/EU needs to be literally the only place with the censorship or if it means we still have hope.
    Btw character creation does have the pajamas even on SEA and JP server so that's not surprising it didn't change.

MegosCaptian and Lointaine like this.
  6. MagicalTabletopGirls

Shai's are hobbits, shes not a child but ur point is noted.

Skilliard likes this.
  7. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

ArcheAge exist tho.

8. johnnified

9. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

I find it silly that Kakao gave up on the "False Advertisement" threatening (by correcting their ads) after releasing the summer pajamas. The advertisements cannot be considered false if you can achieve a similar look in game.

But hey, this is proving again that Kakao is listening to us... Coughs*
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, I ended up covering the legs with socks! xD)

Also please don't get mad at me, but I want to inform those who might be interested that we might get the -90% coupon reduction on underwear next week (since it's been apparently canceled this week).
    This might be your chance to get the summer pajamas for almost free and mostly forget about this censorship.

#449 o0ABC0o, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Grehm and MagicalTabletopGirls like this.
  10. Yyiara

This has little to do with what you said, but my biggest concern is that
    The whole chat today feels like a bunch of morons that openly say that shai or f-toys
    and openly trying to ruin the class all together.
    Not to mention the amount of people telling me shai are useless and pathetic.
    This means that many people are trying to openly ruin shai for everyone else that want to play them and enjoy them.
    This way no one makes money, no one funds a shai and only use it as a life skill/merchant and nothing else.
    This is why we're not going to see results and the GMs won't do a thing about those people who are actually,
    even with the censorship of only the PC Shai, talking this way about the class!
    Not to mention, tamer is 16 years old, that's under age and they sexualize her too.
    so either way even if it's censored it's still bad. you can put anything you want on someone and it'll still be a sexual thing
    to most of these jerks and this is mostly in NA.

Grehm and Krixil like this.
  11. Ælfwynn

12. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Leave tamer out of it. Her lore does not state her specific age just that she was a child then "many years passed". Not to mention it's easy to not make her look young with the amazing character creator tools. ...... Sore spot. My Tamer is an adult.... Cause i envision her as one and made her to look like one.

WinterMilla and Ventesa like this.
  13. Saunatonttu

I had no idea it is actually that bad in NA since I'm on EU. Dunno if I'm in a good server or I just really haven't noticed but I gotta say I've never seen EU say anything that extreme about her, even as an obvious joke or anything. Don't even remember seeing people call shais/shai players useless or pathetic almost ever outside of the time when everyone and their mom were looking for leeches to 58 for the 500m.
    But yeah I agree, screw the people who are actively trying to bash shais/shai players just because it's a shai, and those who might be a part of the reason why PA would even feel like needing to keep this stupid censorship.
    Something I do know is that the censorship is pretty actively hindering my enjoyment of playing a shai because I can't look how I want just because I'm on the EU servers.

#453 Saunatonttu, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Yyiara, MegosCaptian and Krixil like this.
  14. Lillekolibri

You don't say?

15. Krixil

I am not familiar with the chats on other areas, but the server chat channel in NA is one of the most toxic I have ever seen in any game, anywhere. And I have been playing mmo's for 20 years+ - from the original Everquest launch.

Aside from just the usual Shai bashing, there are dozens of even worse - numerous comments about how they are a pedophiles dream, speculation about the size of their vagina, and even worse. There is zero moderation of the NA chat channels.

Grehm and Yyiara like this.
  16. Krixil

The GM's in this game are among the most useless I have ever seen. I once reported the name "****** killer", and was told that they were sorry I was offended and they might look into it - if I filed another report.

Yyiara likes this.
  17. Joungf

It is pure strategy ... without PJs it will cost twice the price ;-)

18. Satsuki Hime

Hopefully they spread it soon. Rather there be no censorship at all but if they at least stop ruining outfits I’ll accept it.

19. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

Interesting, we could not wear skirts that went above our knee caps. Shorts had to be finger tip length, and no spaghetti strap tank tops, along with no shirts that had any logo/propaganda...There were a few other little restrictions too. (and this was in middle & high school). Public "Not the city, NY" school too, not private. The tank top thing was always super frustrating..the fact that I could not wear a tank top with shoulder straps thinner than 2 fingers worth of width, was aggravating. Loved my spaghetti straps.

I still loved my school district, teachers, curriculum. Fun times.

20. Stabby

I would post a picture of our trashy young school girls and how parents let them dress in the States, but it would get me arrested.

Skilliard and Hemuk like this.