1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Thranduil

If it's ok to have Shai uncensored in some regions i want it also uncensored in mine, it's as simple as that.

2. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 63

with the amount of threads we had on this subject why have we not received any official response from pa its terrible and on top of that they locked a solution behind a paywall and to add on to that "that" solution still clips with other costumes :/

Phoenixxx75, Yyiara and Tirae like this.
  3. Joungf

Black VISA online is willing to give you what you want ... but not for free ;-)

4. Lointaine

Personally when I see how easy it is to divide community over such matters, I remember this one...
    [​IMG]

Phoenixxx75, Ozryel, Fateneko and 3 others like this.
  5. Yyiara

The solution is still bad, just slightly a bit better then the stupid tights. I really want to do more with my Shai,
    take pictures for BDO, put on twitter, draw fan art, invest in her, dress her up and have fun but I won't, just can't atm until this problem
    be fixed period. They just censor the player's Shai but not everything else, the Shai on the beach, the priest's apprentice Shai, the valkyrie Shai, they're all not censored, just us.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Shuusaku

I doubt that there was any unity to begin with. People who want others to be censored are not united with people who value individualism. Because the argument for censorship always come from the perspective of the collective, which is anti-individualistic in its nature. At best we just tolerate each other, because we have to.

7. Omega

It is a shame to be the only region that got thoose ugly grandma inner, i still dont know why they couldnt just put it like the original underwears the short boxers and the "ninja" like bras ._.

Lillekolibri likes this.
  8. Yyiara

I drew my Shai and will draw her more
    I really hope that they hear us out, this censoring anything on BDO is a stupid business choice, overall.
    Istharil2.png

Lillekolibri and Omega like this.
  9. Saunatonttu

Oh yay guys! Looking at that new pearl shop update it seems it might finally be the time for me to lose what little faith I had in them reverting their choice of censoring Shai. Honestly I thought they wouldn't release the marigold sunset without modifying the outfit itself if they're so badly wanting to keep the censorship up because that white in that pearl shop update image looks so out of place and they really got to see it themselves too.
    Good thing they started putting the censored images on the pearl shop updates, otherwise I might have gotten my hopes regarding this like 5% higher from seeing the pearl shop update.

But oh well, I guess one of the, if not the, most common "argument" of keeping the censorship, the one that I have come across the most whether reading some threads or talking to others about it myself. "But why is the censorship needed?" "pedopedopedo" "But.." "sicko pedo fbi". Guess it's just becoming true then as it's been shouted so loud and PA also knows it.

I guess this just means that PA is telling me that I'm now literally more pedo than actual pedos because I play on EU servers and I wanted my shai to look like this [​IMG]

Damn shame.

(The above might contain a few bits of exaggeration among other stuff to make it a tad more dramatic but you get the point.)

The point about those arguments however is indeed my experience, not even exaggerating, especially when I personally have tried to ask some people why they think this form of censorship is OK, or even needed, whether it is regarding our Shai or this sort of censorship in general.

Yes this still annoys me more than it should, mostly because of those so many pro-censorship arguments being that "pedopedo" without even trying to listen to the other side.

#489 Saunatonttu, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Lillekolibri and MegosCaptian like this.
  10. Another broken outfit due censure thanks again Kakao. Your communication is awesome.
    Our version only has got 1 underwear (yes I say 1 because is the same underwear short and long version).
    @CM Yukimura @CM Servantes @CM Goodvibesguy @CM Avalace @CM Richter @CM Kabz
    Default with censure
    bdo2.png

With underwear of cash shop.
    bdo.png

Underwear released in Kr and others regions.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• bdo2.png
      bdo2.png
      File size:
      561.4 KB
      Views:
    #490 Yumine, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    Kiwaso, Lillekolibri and MegosCaptian like this.
  11. Saunatonttu

Nah mate, these are obviously just too inappropriate for our western eyes. After like two months I guess it's finally time for us to understand that our Korean overlords just know better than us what's good and what's inappropriate for us. Embrace the censorship friends! /s

Attached Files:

#491 Saunatonttu, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Lillekolibri likes this.
  12. Ezuu

I really want to buy the new outfit but it looks so bad with the underwear options we have right now. The shoulder area should get hidden while wearing it at least :(

Lillekolibri and MegosCaptian like this.
  13. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

I am glad to see that they are releasing so many outfits for the Shai, since Shai has become my main. At the same time, I am extremely upset that the censorship remains and continues to be visible through all of the outfits that we are getting. I was even prepared to bite the bullet and purchase one of the different underwears just to remove the ugly censored defaults, but it's becoming more and more clear that we aren't going to get those any time soon, if at all.

I want to blame the company for doing this, but I am also blaming the community. Any comment about the Shai's appearance or an outfit she is wearing is met with accusations of child sexual abuse. Even if those accusations are made out of jest, these people are defining how others see what our culture is like. It has nothing to do with actual crime statistics or what our culture is actually like. I imagine the company saw this and was doing what they thought was necessary mitigate that response. By doing so, they triggered our outrage by blocking content from us and that is NOT ok.

I've enjoyed this game and put a lot of time and money into it, but I'm about to follow the others' lead and move on to something else. I will still hop on from time to time to check on things in game and chat with my friends, but it's hard to support a company that doesn't actually know their target audience or their "culture" well enough to understand that we can make our own decisions about what content needs to be blocked from us.

14. Yyiara

All this is doing is making people go play BDO in other regions,
    in which is taken money from NA/EU.

Censor more so people can just run off like they've had enough and stop playing so that they can
    spend the money they were going to spend on something they waited for or returned to play
    on another BDO somewhere in the world all because of this decision.

Lillekolibri likes this.
  15. minusthedrifter

[​IMG]

They added a freaking shawl to the new outfit jfc.

Burka when? This is pathetic.

Yumine and Lillekolibri like this.
  16. Saunatonttu

Well most people don't even care about this too much, that much is obvious. Otherwise we'd have more people supporting this and maybe getting something done about it. Even if this very thread's poll is overwhelmingly agreeing for the original models, I still, more often than not, see people drowning arguments about uncensoring shai by going "pedo pedo" until the other party doesn't bother anymore.
    I don't even think that this has even hurt PA's sales that much in the end. Whales gonna whale etc, pearl shop costumes coming on market as before and all that.
    Not even very likely for people to go on another servers to actually play it there unless they're new-ish. Considering the p2w.. I mean excessive pay for convenience this game offers, I'd say most people are invested enough to not go and start again. They're just gonna play as usual or just not play anymore.
    I did go visit the SEA servers myself to see how shai looks like there and it felt funny going on a new account without 500+ energy and all that so I've stayed there collecting energy for a while. However once the novelty of a new account fades, it's not likely I'll stay there without my eu server pets and bank and all I have there.

17. Saunatonttu

They haven't added anything to it on EU/NA btw, even my picture above was just taken with the cape off.

18. Lillekolibri

I'm still waiting for the burkini for Shai. I'm betting next week.

19. minusthedrifter

I realize that yeah, but if I recall correctly the original announcement of the outfit didn't feature a shawl. I might well be wrong about that though I'm on mobile so cannot readily check but I seem to recall the original announcement (in this thread too I think) didn't feature it. Which is why I believed it to be added just for us.

Could be wrong though.

20. Saunatonttu

Yeah it's been the cape setting from the start, even the original kr pearl shop update has it in the picture https://www.kr.playblackdesert.com/...sType=1&currentPage=1&BoardType=5&boardNo=423