1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Yes but look at this.
    bd1-1.png bd1-2.png
    As you can see it doesn't matter. The censure is still there. With cape and without cape....

The problem is outfits for Shai was not indeed made to fit with our censorship. A few of them can be fixed with a pay wall of short pajama underwear but others as Marigold can't be fixed.

Here you can see the proof of why the released outfits does not fit properly:
    shai default.png
    Original texture from Kr.
    At least kakao you could do a better work and request to our version the others underwears...

#501 Yumine, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    Yyiara, Fateneko and minusthedrifter like this.
  2. Saunatonttu

Yeah I know well enough how it looks, what with it being the first outfit that I actually wanted to spend money in the game if it released like it should have been. It was like quite a while ago already that I even posted a couple of comparison pictures here on how that specific outfit looks originally and how it looks with the summer dreamland pajamas underneath just because I knew it would look terrible with our censorship and the paywall partial fix pajamas if they released it as-is.
    But anyways that doesn't matter for this since I was only commenting on the fact that the shawl has been there as a cape option since the start. Context from the comment I quoted was important in that comment.

#502 Saunatonttu, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  3. Satsuki Hime

Wanted to get the new Awakening outfit on Xbox, but we don’t even have the shorter pjs yet. So disappointed.

4. minusthedrifter

That's honestly why I didn't bother spending the $7 on the Summer Dreamland PJs. Not only is there still clipping but I knew it would only be a matter of time before even it would ruin an outfit because of the shoulders.

So yet another week and not another penny spent. Shame too because both the Marigold and the previous outfits I would've bought instantly.

Yumine likes this.
  5. Tirae

Or in the case of me and 3 of my friends, not play BDO at all. x3 Just dropping by to see what has, or hasn't, changed. Still haven't logged back into BDO. Pretty sure my value pack time ran out by now too. I still hope for the silly censorship to go away, but atm enjoying playing with the new ships on Eve Online. Kikimora is a cute one. ^^

6. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 62 EU

I voted for removing censorship because I think any kind of censhorship is always bad.
    Well, at least if they do not go as far and change Player-Shai to the models of the NPC-shai of the choir by the fountain in the Noble part of the city behind the Imperial Auction House...

DISCLAIMER: If you are offended by nudity in form of pixels, DO NOT go there and take a peek under their skirt...

#506 Pointis, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Yyiara and Fateneko like this.
  7. Mintz

I main Shai. This whole topic seems unnecessary and irrelevant. She has longer pjs now, so?

Move on.

Leverage, Maginha and Jebediah like this.
  8. Saunatonttu

When the censorship is so well done and awesome looking that it pretty much ruins outfits and some armors that are obviously made with the original models in mind it's not exactly unnecessary and irrelevant topic to a lot of people (however I feel that most of them are not even bothering to say anything anymore, or they have just stopped playing this game because of it, can't even blame them, it's been so long without a single word now, guess the silent tactic does work.). Sure there are the shorter paywall partial fix pajamas now to "fix" most outfits, but then there is now the marigold sunset even for us, shorter leggings aren't really gonna save the shoulder area from looking ugly.
    Then there is the case of the censorship only being in the west (and RU but they got greatly reduced levels of it judging from a comment here).
    Guess the world's come to a funny place when game developers can't even release a child-like character in a video game in the west without covering 90% of her. Even when without the censorship she is way more covered than other classes in the game by her very design.
    Well, maybe they're just saying that no one in the west can look at uncensored shai without getting aroused idk.

Censorship bad mmkay, unless it's by design, which shai's outfits almost are in the first place, especially if one wants to compare them to the other classes outfits.

Your comment sounds like you don't mind it one bit, which is good for you btw, just doesn't lessen the fact that a lot of people don't want to feel forced to buy additional stuff from the cash shop to look less ugly in their cash shop outfits, or in the case of marigold sunset, well tough luck then, not even partial fix pajamas fix that. Half price shai outfits because they look bad with or without additional purchases when?

Pretty much all of this is already covered in this thread, multiple times even. That's pretty much the only "irrelevant" part of this topic, at this point it may be almost going in circles just to somewhat keep this topic afloat and let people complain about it. And it doesn't matter, at least it keeps this problem in people's minds somewhat.

And in the end, "move on" is a thing that quite a few people who care about this have already done, whether it is to just stop playing or just not bother trying to repeat the same stuff over and over. I just don't think that "moving on" should mean "stop caring about censorships, especially those as unnecessary as this".

#508 Saunatonttu, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  9. Joungf

When I decided to stop playing BDO, it is definitively not because the way shai costumes are different / "censored" in EU / NA than Asia.
    BDO has of far more important game breaking and fun destroying issues than that.

#509 Joungf, Aug 30, 2019
    Aikatears likes this.
  10. Saunatonttu

And no one is denying that this game does have a lot of other issues to drive people away. At the same time it shouldn't be denied either that this particular thing can be and is a thing that will drive some people away as well especially considering how unnecessary it was from the start.
    I'm still personally playing it because I'm an on off player of anything and I still feel like playing it at the moment but considering that almost all I do is get knowledge, lifeskill, kill trash monsters, and take screenshots around the world for fun, this is pretty much the single biggest issue I personally have because the forced censorship says I can't look like I want doing that only because I'm on EU, combined with the fact that I'm generally against any form of censorship if it's only because someone decides it's not "appropriate" or whatever. Would be a totally different thing if it had some actual reasons like being against the law or something.
    It's all a matter of perspective, what one does in the game, or how one feels about forced censorships as unnecessary as this in general or just for this specific game. People have different biggest personal problems with the game, having this as a personal big problem doesn't lessen the other problems. And the other actual bigger problems don't lessen this as a problem.

0ppa, Lillekolibri and Fateneko like this.
  11. Ben Phoenix

I doubt people are gonna leave because of the Shai adjustments and if they do, they will much likely come back at some point. Al least, most of them.

12. Saunatonttu

Too well invested in black visa online or otherwise just feeding their addiction, or just simply not having "better" games. Might be. But for now I can say that at least in this very thread there have been people outright saying this as the reason for their stopping playing, whether temporarily or more permanently.
    One thing I think we can all agree on is that PA is not even likely to care about people who actually do quit over this or over anything. Whales gonna whale and it's business as usual for most players. And anything we do or say is not exactly likely to change anything regarding this, PA's gonna silently defend this till the end. It still is something that we can voice our opinions on even if it's futile.

13. Kakao games send our feedback to PA.
    Now the real question is, Maybe this happen because our community managers aren't doing their job properly?
    Who knows?, meanwhile they keep with silence.
    I think we've wait enough time to at least to receive an answer from them we deserve it.

#513 Yumine, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2019
  14. Saunatonttu

Let's not even kid ourselves, there's almost no chance they don't know about the feedback here too if they greatly reduced the RU censorship while at the same time decided to start including the censorship in the pearl shop updates here, even for the canape outfit update that originally had the original model picture. Now I'm still here complaining for now because I like to complain and dislike the censorship but I'm not exactly expecting them to even do anything to it anymore.
    Now would be the time to just own up to it PA and say that the censorship is staying if you've 100% decided it's absolutely and positively required for our NA/EU eyes.

#514 Saunatonttu, Aug 30, 2019
  15. I haven't seen a single screenshot about this yet.
    I think everyone from this post think the same with this.
    Censor all shai npc of the game and we're done. Haha
    The good part is Shai is my alter character for life skill and not main so I'm ok anyways. 0 cent for my Shai pearl shop.

16. Ben Phoenix

Silence is one of their policies, I guess they chose to do so not to add fuel to the fire. I guess they think that, if they ignore the complaints, people will simply forget about whatever is bothering them. I find this choice disappointing and even almost disturbing to be honest.

Yumine likes this.
  17. Saunatonttu

Okay I agree, I took the one comment entirely at face value, that is true, internet, grain of salt and all that. I'll check it myself and report back to see if it's true or not. After all I didn't even actually know shai had been censored there as well before that. The point still stands tho, as it does tell some things when they suddenly decided to include it in the pearl shop updates, even in a previous one. Unless it was entirely kakao's hand at that but I kinda doubt it.

And yes, the second one was a bit redundant I admit. Was more for just saying why I'm personally bothering to check this thread even if I didn't actually have high hopes from the start, and especially after they included the censorship in the pearl shop updates. Even if it does apply to pretty much anyone.

#517 Saunatonttu, Aug 30, 2019
  18. Omega

At this point i would take one of those other cash shops underwear just to hide the ugly shoulders of the pajamas...

Lillekolibri likes this.
  19. Saunatonttu

Well, all in all silence seems to be somewhat used tactic regarding even a bit of "controversial" things because it does kind of work if done long enough. For this matter it almost certainly will work if they keep it on long enough and they know it, no matter how disappointing it is.

20. Ben Phoenix

When a lot of people got banned wrongly, not so long ago, there was no communication from the staff whatsoever. Something on discord but nothing here on forums or even on tickets. No question was answered, no announcements about developments in the investigation. Nothing. People were simply left alone and after the whole thing was over, the staff didn't spend a single word about those who got their account back and were treated awfully by the community before knowing if they were actually guilty. I find this policy pretty disrespectful but yeah, not so much we can do about it.

#520 Ben Phoenix, Aug 30, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.