1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. No

18.8%
  3. Don't care

17.7%
  1. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

I totally get what you mean, truly. But I was more for like something akin to a compensation/reward... given for free to anyone has a shai above a certain level. There will still be the problem of the dyes, but at least they can be bought (even if random) with loyalties.

Another solution could be to put the leggings/stokings avaliable directly on loyalties... I don't know, there are so many better options that what the one they've chosen...

#41 Valliere, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. WinterMilla

The best option is just revert the model back. We know they have the models. Even in global labs you see uncensored shai.

Valliere likes this.
  3. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

Yeah, at the end, that's probably the best solution.

I know that they probably had the best of the intentions for this censor, but that thing that comes out under the rim of the skirt is terrible XD

cloj likes this.
  4. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 59 NA

This is a comparison between the Shai during character creation for both KR and NA/EU when editing her body.

upload_2019-7-14_9-45-41.png

The following underwear is what you see underneath all the armors during gameplay. The above KR version of the underwear would normally be shown here as well:

upload_2019-7-14_9-47-43.png

Lillekolibri and cloj like this.
  5. Tirae

Not to mention that even if you could dye them there is still the clipping issue to deal with, which just goes to show how little effort they likely put into it to begin with. :(

6. Shuusaku

Like I previously said in another thread: those hips are not child-like at all. She is modeled after a small women. And yes there are small women out there that have a face of a child even in their 20+.

Raenhardt and Tirae like this.
  7. cloj

Looks like an 80 year old grandma went haywire on those original PJs before NA got ours. I agree with conservative PJs fore genreal use because there's no need for sexualization for children. But no person in their right might would dress up their children to go to a dinner party wearing these PJs underneath their clothes. It's ridiculous, and I wholeheartedly disagree that we need whoever came down with this decision, to censor this character model for EVERYONE because a select few might maybe find the belly, shoulders, and knees sexual.

It's as if some old hikikomori lady with a daughter has a phobia of pedophiles and somehow was in a position of power at PA North America so took advantage of her position to put this into effect. It's absolutely over the top and unnecessary, ruining it for the rest of us.

Aelisah and Tirae like this.
  8. Tirae

This is true and something that people can't seem to comprehend or wrap their minds around. Someone pointed out on another forum about a Japanese.. actress who is in her 20s but looks like she could pass as an elementary schooler.

Not to mention Shai are pixels, not children even in their lore, and.. well.. simply put they aren't even real to begin with. And people do need something of a hard reality check.. just look at what REAL children all over this world, especially in NA (not sure about EU) commonly wear out in public. The original models of the Shai are quite a bit more modest in comparison. I can only imagine what would happen if one of the people that are for this unreasonable censorship went out to approach some parent, or to some school, and shouted "Your kid needs to be censored! Their knees are seen and burns my eyes!! You should be ashamed!" :D

Phoenixxx75, o0ABC0o and cloj like this.
  9. WinterMilla

Here is too hoping tomorrow is the day they revert the changes.

cloj, Tirae, Solitaire and 1 other person like this.
  10. LemuriPhi

We'll probably get something like this just longer.
    280716swimwear.jpg

Solitaire likes this.
  11. Lillekolibri

I havent spent a cent since they released the censored Shai, and I had plans to buy tons. I really don't get their mindset with this decision because I think they could easily make millions of dollars in a few days if they released the original outfits. Almost nobody buys these outfits. And I stopped buying stuff all together because this situation has pissed me off so much.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  12. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

the part that annoys me the most about this is even though we have more than 200+ pages on this topic there has been no word from a community manager its just sick at how much they are avoiding even speaking about this

13. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

I agree that we didn't hear from PA, however I don't think that a CM can do much, they are here so they can reply to us concerning major things, but I think also that they are probably unaware of what PA intends to do. There is the Voting Poll of July 2019 that addresses something akin to what we are asking (or at least some of us are), I'm searching for the link to post here, I don't remember which point but if I remember correctly, there should be one.

I too would like to hear something about the matter, but at the same time, I'm not sure about how much a CM knows, at the end, the decision will be taken by PA

This is the link of the Voting Poll!

14. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

Id just like to see them at least acknowledging some of our concerns so it doesn't seem like we are unheard of all the time like back in may when cm Yukimura made a post of winning ideas on a post that was a great step but they haven't done it since and leaves us to despair over whether or not if its even worth trying to voice an opinion when all we are left with is silence

Valliere likes this.
  15. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

I completely understand how you feel! I too hope to hear something soon. I was just pointing out that maybe (maybe), they just want to have more info before telling us. But this is just my speculation, it might not be true after all *sigh*

16. Lillekolibri

Today they took the censorship to new heights. This is how she looks on the front page www.blackdesertonline.com [​IMG]

And this is how she looks in game:
    [​IMG]

17. James722

The new Shai costume is amazing. Love the hat. Those ugly leggings are even more apparent here though ruining the whole thing. I don't think it will sell like it is now.

Edit: I love how it is shown in it's original form everywhere but in game. I guess I wouldn't want to advertise the in game one either.

Satsuki Hime, Solitaire, cloj and 3 others like this.
  18. Narcosis

Stop supporting greed and hypocrisy, that's all I have to say.

Phoenixxx75, Solitaire, cloj and 2 others like this.
  19. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

its quite misleading they advertise an an uncensored shai on the patch notes but in game it looks like that

Satsuki Hime, Solitaire, cloj and 2 others like this.
  20. Lillekolibri

It's false advertisement which is illegal