1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. No

19.0%
  3. Don't care

17.5%
  1. WinterMilla

This is actually starting to feel disgusting.

So when I talking to people about her being censored most have no idea that she even has been censored. Those that do mostly just ignore it so they can get those lvl 58 rewards. Not many people really player her as it is and yet the few that do play her get treated like scum. Its been week since her release and she is still having these "leggings". What sucks more is how people are trying to sweep it under the rug just because it makes them feel better. How many shai's do you see over lvl 60 that are planning on maining her.

I already pointed out nothing was wrong with how she looked thats why they can continue to show her original model in adverts.

Solitaire, flukeSG2, Fateneko and 3 others like this.
  2. Lillekolibri

I was planning to main her, but that won't happen now. Had pearls and everything ready, but this burka ******** is making me sick to my stomach.

Raenhardt, Solitaire, cloj and 2 others like this.
  3. Tirae

Only CM reply I saw that I know of was in the huge thread that got locked. Early on the CM that posted had suggested speaking with your money (as in not buying the outfits) which sadly might be the only way we will be heard. Like mentioned, there isn't any real official presence and they haven't shown that they really care about our thoughts and concerns on the unnecessary censorship. The thing mentioned in the poll that the other person linked to is part of an assumed conspiracy to try and shut down the complete removal of the censorship by thinking people would be 'satisfied' with the option to dye the leggings instead.

Problem is.. those of us who were going to main Shai (myself included) would of bought different outfits, and I like to dye different outfits different colors. Are we expected to re-dye the leggings each time we wanted to switch between outfits for gathering, alchemy, cooking, or combat? And what about the clipping issues they cause, since they weren't intended for the original models (and thus the costumes which were made for the original models) ?

Solitaire, cloj, flukeSG2 and 4 others like this.
  4. WinterMilla

I keep playing her, but it feels super weird not spending money on the character. I would have bought all of her new outfits already, but im not supporting this kind of treatment. What makes me feel this way is the fact on how they still haven't responded after all of the points made in the thread, and to them never announcing it to the public. Its proof they just do things under the rug and just hopes no one notices.

Raenhardt, Solitaire, cloj and 4 others like this.
  5. Aelisah

Why is this about dying the leggings tho.. That's just putting a bandage on the whole issue.
    Why is there no suggestion for using the original shai model? -sigh-

Solitaire, cloj, flukeSG2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Tenerezza

As a Shai i feel seriously offended reaching the new event area, wtf Pearl Abyss/Kakao This ins't okay FFS, your doubble standard is pretty sickening.

Solitaire, cloj, flukeSG2 and 5 others like this.
  7. Tirae

Believe I voted no for the suggestion to dye it precisely because it doesn't address the issue at all, and is just further insulting if anything else. And yet the Tamer, who is not only young looking but also in the actual lore what.. 13? Runs around in skimpy outfits and skimpier swimwear. Double standard for sure.

8. Curupe

They keep with their silence but hey! We can have uncensored NPC and false sales images advertisement.

9. Aelisah

I'm really sad about the double standards too. I know it will change in the future and I WILL and AM (2ndly?) maining my shai cuz I really like her playstyle so far and I really don't mind she is 'less' than others. But It's just SUCH a shame she being treated like this, takes away so much fun and peace with the constant discussions, judgements and accusations and slacking content for her -.-

10. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

our character is supposed to be like... 30? as I remember at least. I think that the main point of this censorship is that her face looks like a child, and as always, this is quite a hot topic. There are many ways to handle it, we have many examples, I'm referring to games quoted before, like TERA and BnS, but also to others games. Look Honkai Impact for example, the character Bronya is a child, yet it's not treated badly, and I'm talking about the global release.

PA (KR ver.) in my opinion is doing the things right. Here... I think they choose the most drastic way possible.
    I want still to play the Shai, but I also hope for a reply on the matter.

PS, i posted the link only for those who were unaware.
    P-PS: Tbh I don't like the shai dress in the Terrmian Waterpark...

11. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 59 NA

Logs in to see if the Shai censorship was removed or if I could at least buy swimswear or underwear to replace it.
    Puts credit card back in my pocket.

I also don't want the underwear to be dyeable. The default underwear cannot be dyed for any class, so it doesn't really make sense. It needs to be removed, or at the very least, they need to release underwear or a swimsuit to replace it. I was really hoping the waterpark update would release a swimsuit just sp the ugly censorship could be replaced.

And, oh my god, the censorship is REALLY bad with the new outfit.

Solitaire, cloj, flukeSG2 and 3 others like this.
  12. Aelisah

The terrmian dress in rly ugly in general. Looks like a sticker imo XD
    But the point that they're just ignoring the shai in whole is sad.

She's a new class, yet has no other outfit than the alchemist one (Sorry dont like it) and now again ignored. She gotto swim in layers of clothes (With the new outfit released in KR) and pyjama underneath in midsummer. :(

[​IMG]

I feel sorry for her.

Solitaire, flukeSG2 and JM like this.
  13. James722

Image right from the main webpage for EU/NA Black Desert Online. In game legs are completely covered as well as the neck. Why does Kakao/Pearl Abyss advertise content on their webpage if they don't find it suitable for use in game. I would buy this but not like it is in game. It looks tacky with their changes.

Pearl Shop - July 17 2019
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2918
    [​IMG]

In Game
    [​IMG]

#73 James722, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  14. LemuriPhi

Try posting this on the discord. . . .will probably get deleted but that would prove it's actively being dismissed/ignored.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  15. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I disagree with you on tamer. Her lore actually reads in a way that sounds like she's a young adult.... But regardless all characters are a blank slate that we can make what we want out of. My wife worked hard to make my tamer look Hispanic and in her 20s. When you look at default tamer, kuno, and Mae.... They all look young and around the same age.

TL;DR it's all arbitrary

Solitaire and Aelisah like this.
  16. Yuusayn

Shai got 3 outfits in 3 weeks not counting the outfits already added with release, go talk to the other classes that were waiting weeks and weeks before getting 1 new outfit

Leverage likes this.
  17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You can't post anything remotely negative on Kakao discord, the rabid fanboys will chew you up there.

18. WinterMilla

Its funny how the countries with the heaviest censor laws don't get it, but we do. inb4 someone says AU they can still have SEAs and labs so it makes no sense.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. Aelisah

They're costumes tho. Not outfits.
    Also idk about the other classes; if they did with release than thats bad too - but I just notice it from Shai cuz she the first other class I look at since Witch and don't have an outfit for :C

Solitaire and Luniartic like this.
  20. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

There always be people who will think like that, to quote and comment him, brings only the discussion off topic.
    Let him think what he wants, to comment him just gives him importance.
    I personally just want to not to see the shop dresses ruined because of an excessive censorship. as stated before, I don't particularly care about the removal as long as I can buy something and have the opportunity to not to lose the cuteness of the dress over a choice made by others.
    There may be people who want the censorship removed for other reasons? maybe. the problem it's theirs, they are the weird ones.
    At the end the majority of the people just want to buy a dress from the Pearl Store and be able to see how cute their character is in it.

Do not give that guy importance, it just makes the discussion go off topic.

Edit: my comment here now looks silly XD I was referring to a rude person who wrote before but thankfully the comment was moderated

#80 Valliere, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019