1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

18.8%
  3. Don't care

17.6%
  1. minusthedrifter

Is the Shai going to look like trash forever? Grandmas old pajamas need to go.
    [​IMG]

2. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

Let's hope to hear something about it from PA :)

#82 Valliere, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 61

the cm's wont comment on this and we are receiving no word of on any compromise on this situation its quite sad really I hope pa or kakao give us some light to this :/

Solitaire and flukeSG2 like this.
  4. cloj

Absolutely. Wasn't just once when I was talking to a student and later realized she was the teacher. #Asia

5. Kaytie

6. minusthedrifter

I think it's pretty cute myself, it's no more or less worse than anything else that's currently in the game for other classes, and as someone posts the Terrmian Waterpark NPC Shai have an outfit even more revealing, but we doing get that either even though they very clearly have the resources for it. They even have an actual swimsuit for the Shai and this would've been the perfect event to launch them.

All I want is something that doesn't extend past the knees and come right up to the neck, one piece, two piece, whatever they wanna go with. It's just a shame that literally every outfit that's not full body coverage like the Shark/Fish suit and profession clothing has grandmas old PJs sticking out of it in some way.

7. Kaytie

[​IMG]
    If the censor was like this, just above the knees, I would personally have no problems with it, it would clash with less outfits then.

lul, okay, you can edit the post.

#87 Kaytie, Jul 17, 2019
  8. Valliere

Valliere Shai 60 EU

I wouldn't mind the "Grandma's Pajama" If I could paint it entirely, black, for example.
    About swimsuits and other things on the KR site, I saw it, I don't care much about them, about the quoted dress, I don't like it entirely, tried on my tamer, and Yeah... I don't like it XD sorry, it's a personal taste.

There is actually a new dress that caught my attention now, one of the awakening, the orange one shown in the awakening announcement... but I'm not sure if I will buy it or not, precisely due to the pajama underneath the dress that makes her wear a t-shirt, lol
    It has knee high boots, so at least in that regard, the leggings won't be that bad.

I totally agree with you!

#88 Valliere, Jul 17, 2019
  9. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 59 NA

Kakao/PA needs to understand that "cultural differences" is a bad reason to censor the Shai for NA/EU audiences. As a US citizen, I know that our culture can handle a small framed, fictional female character in a video game being displayed in normal underwear. I'm pretty sure the EU is no different. The underwear that the Shai wears in the KR version is just fine. A tube top and shorts.

We've all seen or played games that feature similarly dressed characters(The Sims, etc.). We do not live in a nation that subjugates women and children, forcing them to cover 90% of their bodies. Please do not listen to the loud, yet small minority of people that would lead you to believe that a character needs to have their clothing adjusted in such a way.

10. Joungf

The solution is sooooo simple but you do not want to hear it ...
    ... and Kakao do not want to do it.

11. WinterMilla

Nah they should just removed it, its stupid.

oh hi mark

12. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Kaytie

I do agree, wholeheartedly so. But they won't do it, so its about finding a middleground.

14. Tirae

Please keep posts and replies relevant to the issue of Shai censorship. I don't want to give them a reason to try and get this thread locked like the huge thread from general gameplay. That being said, all we can do is what we can do. I want to do my part to let them be aware of the fact the censorship needs to go, and after exchanging words back and forth with the GMs through tickets this is one of the options. The other obviously is not to support them by no longer making purchases until the censorship is removed.

My VIP ends in 13 days and I have no plans to renew it either. Sadly the MP tax is going to kill me but.. that is how I feel about what they have done to us. I did try to get my friends to come here and vote, and even though they have had their accounts as old as mine, their forum accounts were just made so it wouldn't let them vote.

Also I don't want to sound like the opinions of the other side doesn't matter. While I don't see any reasoning for anyone to think the leggings are okay, their vote should matter too. I just ask and hope that all who vote in this poll do so honestly, and not with intentions to troll or just to vote (That is why I included the 3rd "I don't care" option, after all).

If anyone has guild mates or friends in the game who has an old enough forum account but doesn't frequent the forums much themselves, please ask them to vote in on the matter too. Hopefully if enough votes come in something may happen. One can hope after all, right?

15. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

You know, I think I am tired of complaining lol.
    I spent so much time "contributing" to the 200 pages thread about this removal already.
    We've got no answer, neither good or bad. All we can do is assume the reasons behind this which results in a lot of confusion and disapointement.
    I'm struggling to percieve how something so cute and innocent looking can fall into the "sexualisation" category.

I, for myself, don't like playing sexy characters in videogames (I find it embarassing) but that doesn't mean I'd like my character to be ugly either.
    Playing a cute, usually child like character is the best compromise for me. People don't look at my char with naughty intentions and usually treat me nicer thanks to it.
    Yet here we are doing the oposite thinking, we assume that playing a child like character will create more sexuality in a videogame and thus need to be covered/censored to prevent it from happening.

Something went wrong for sure.

I am seriously trying to shut myself from complaining over and over like an obsessive person...
    But every wednesday since the release, I just make cringe faces at the new additions to the pearl shop and need to vent my frustration on this forum.

Why does this company punishes me with ugly contents?
    Why don't they want me to buy pretty much all the oufits (like I did on my tamer...)? xD... Don't judge me

My interest in the game has increased since the release of the Shai and I am actively playing every day now.
    And yet, I'm forcing myself not to buy any visual apparels because I find them so ugly and unecessary, I just can't support this.
    There is no way I'm going to make a company feel more confident about their questionnable choices.
    Even if me alone probably means nothing by not buying those, I do hope many other people feel the same way and that it will show in the company's expected incomes.

This is not going to make me stop playing the game, but this is not going to give them anything from me either.
    This is just a fair treatment in reponse to the treatment they are giving us.

#95 o0ABC0o, Jul 17, 2019
  16. James722

The pearl shop update image of the new costume on their website looked great. I would have purchased it. That is until I preview it in the shop. It's impossible too tell what they are trying to do. They cover up the player in a ugly off white pajama. Then they release an event with Shai in swimsuits that show more skin in places then the original player model.

They then proceed to delete post of images taken from their game. Their forums are the place where we are supposed to discuss the game and it's content. There are no responses that make clear what they are trying to accomplish. They have exceeded anything that they appear to be trying to censor. They have created a an embarrassing situation needlessly and they should feel ashamed.

17. CM Servantes

Community Manager

Hello guys,

I would like to clarify some things related to the moderations done to this thread:

1. No one is going to get suspended from the forums for posting pictures of the shai.
    2. Trolling posts will be deleted as we want to keep this thread clean for feedback purpose.
    3. Remember that appealing a forum moderation publicly is against the forum rules, therefore if you do not agree with a moderation instead of opening a thread complaining about it, just PM one of the CMs or send an e-mail to the following e-mail address and we will review the case: forumdisputes@blackdesertonline.com

This said, please keep the thread civil and avoid attacking to each other.

Thanks.

chendu, Ozryel, Phoenixxx75 and 3 others like this.
  18. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

You guys are actively suppressing valid comments that are most certainly "on topic"

19. WinterMilla

Ok will do. However question. When can we expect the censor on shai to be removed?

20. Satsuki Hime

They can’t answer that. The only ones that can are the ones who ordered it done in the first place, and we have no indication that they’ve even been told of the backlash, let alone if they’re thinking about changing it.

Valliere likes this.