1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

59.4%
  2. No

22.0%
  3. Don't care

18.6%
  1. Ben Phoenix

I don't even notice the leggings to be honest. Sure, being able to dye them could be a nice thing but I can't still see the big deal, no matter how hard I try. I said in one of my previous posts that I would have preferred the original look that the Archer (actually the other classes too) was supposed to have according to the 2016 trailer but I played the game anyway. Sure, people care about different things but seeing shorts removed as a priority in the Shai class sounds silly to me, like very silly and I don't get it. Just my opinion of course.

#1141 Ben Phoenix, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 and Joungf like this.
  2. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

Not everyone have said that. Maybe a few members lol.
    For example I use my Shai only for life skill but I don't purchase anything of the cash shop for her because I do not agree with censorship. This isn't a motive for me for stop playing the game lel.
    Also my main character is mystic.

3. Ben Phoenix

I read in this thread, but not only, that there are people who aren't currently playing because of the adjustments. My comment was about that specific players, I didn't say everyone quit.

#1143 Ben Phoenix, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Lointaine

The important difference between shai and archer was that while looks were just one of selling points of archer (it was OP and ranged class), shai has basically nothing besides cute looks :) You can do let's say lifeskills with her, but you most likely won't reroll for her if not for looks. Also, archer's appearance obviously targeted certain groups and therefore was a matter of taste, not just censored for a certain locale against everyone (in uncensored versions, there's literally no people complaining at all). So I don't think the example may be valid in the slightest*.

*as you said, that may be the matter of preference to an extent: personally I don't really like both archer appearance and ranged classes, so I've never even tried to play it (I have warrior and barbarian, for example :-D). I just wanted to show you how it looks from the different point of view.

As for leaving the game, I guess for some it was like the last straw? Quite a lot of people are bored of the game enough by the time new classes are introduced, some people waited for cute shai to relax/change style, and then poof! It's meaningless, and even censored. Good point to finally quit. If the game is on the rising, most people won't care that much (personally for as long as shai was censored in RU, I just used ingame outfits covering her legs and shoulders completely - that's a good way both to save money and deliver the opinion on censorship, I'd say).

#1144 Lointaine, Jan 12, 2020
  5. Ben Phoenix

The example is valid cause it's about appearance. We all knew the Shai was gonna be different from the other classes so yeah, no worth to try if you didn't like the concept.

Playing the Shai class to relax only is still possible, you can still relax without being able to see her panties under her skirt, or? I still think it's silly to give so much importance to a pair of shorts.

There are differences between the Koran version of the game and ours, they adjusted the Shai, whatever, if you like that class play it anyway, if the shorts is the last drop cause you don't even like that class then... Stop playing it I guess.

#1145 Ben Phoenix, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  6. Lointaine

But exactly because of censorship you WILL see her underwear from under her skirt (and also sometimes around her neck/shoulders) whatever you do. Some people dislike it xD Well, the only way around is to wear some of ingame costumes.

7. Ben Phoenix

That's not underwear, that's shorts, shorts aren't underwear =)

8. Satsuki Hime

Exactly. And I again mention SoulCalibur VI. It has two distinct underage, young looking characters who both can wear all of the same outfits.

You can easily put this outfit:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Ivy_SC6.png/revision/latest?cb=20180616161028

On this girl:
    https://sc6.soularchive.jp/images/character/amy/img_visual.png

And this game has never been banned, anywhere.
    Anybody saying the Shai censorship is a legal thing is just wrong. Period. Either they are ignorant, or they’re lying. And I very much include the devs of this game in that statement.

9. Lointaine

...sometimes I really think that people believe that there are no slim adult girls with height less than 170cm and bust size less than C. Maybe those games make them believe that ><
    (also, I specifically googled ingame images/videos, and it's much less 'obvious' even than the art)

I'm not really against the point made, but those examples really make me feel uneasy. And then they will come and censor everyting that doesn't look like at least 60 year old, because meh, it's distinct underage.

#1149 Lointaine, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. Joungf

This is how the reality of censoring and detecting of "Censor is bad!" looks like in the world:
    happynewwold.jpg

It is already happening, fully automated, silent in the background. Thanks to AI.
    AI do not care for your freedom you would like to have or use to have. It censors, deletes and reports even in countries where you think there is no censoring because it is a free and safe and modern country. And because it is so easy and discreet they will be used in many places in your daily life. Now guess why?

11. Satsuki Hime

I happen to be an A cup, 5’2” woman lol. The example, Amy Sorel, is 14. The other one, Talim is 15. Those are their canonical ages. So the example stands. You can literally put a 14 year old in a bondage harness style body suit, yet this game has no legal issues.

Thus, saying that the 30 year old Shai must wear knee and neck length covering because of any US or UK law is false. Period.

12. DosonTheGreat

The reason why is so they can help authoritarian governments infringe upon the rights of their citizens, as is always the case of "think of the children!" arguments. The people sharing exploitative images aren't using facebook lol. Most of the people making these laws are probably pedos themselves; it's called reaction formation, and this is well documented. Pedos like labeling fiction as "CP", which you hear them do often on social media. That is because resources spent going after art and artists, is resources NOT spent on helping real victims of abuse. Then the elite abuse children right under your nose, while the useful idiots keep themselves distracted with red herrings.
    Clearly you have not spent time researching this as I have, or you would not insinuate that corporations and governments are actually looking out for our best interests and for our children. lololol What an absurd notion!

The funny thing is they do not no how much money they could have made if they had integrity. You know how much money Tera generated from Elins alone? Apparently the developers said that it saved the game, while originally intended to have minority developer time, it ended up being popular race in America as well, which they did not think would happen. What did they do? They shifted developer priority to cater to customer demand.
    What does Kakao games do? Tell us that we don't like it, that it's "muh cultural differences" which doesn't exist. Didn't they do that with WOW classic? "You guys don't want it." But then people actually DID want it. The only cultural differences is these moral busybodies telling us over and over that we are bad people for liking something THEY do not like, and they use previous examples of their censorship to justify more censorship. This is why we can't have nice things in the west. The only cultural difference here is people are not willing to stand up for themselves and what they want, and they are not willing to stand up for others either if it's not something that personally affects them. They will do anything to defend these bad business practices, and whip out the ol' bingo card!

This is a very interesting fact, but one that I recall was discussed previously. What I did not know however, was that the PS4 NA version was run by pearl abyss, and therefore uncensored.
    Do you know more details regarding the PC version and the licensing between the two companies? I hope that Pear Abyss does not do business with Kakao Games in the futures with their other projects. Have you seen DokeV from Peal Abyss? The game has child-looking characters that I thought would get the people at Kakao games hot and bothered, and they might butcher that as well, which would be a shame since it has good aesthetics; it kind of reminds me of splatoon. But I see that Pearl Abyss is not the problem, so hopefully they do not pursue further ventures with Kakao games.

It is worth mentioning that the censors are wrong here, because it seems the game launched uncensored on the PS4, with no controversy. So they have been proven wrong. Censors lose again, as they always do.

Attached Files:

• 2b0.png
      2b0.png
      File size:
      195.7 KB
      Views:
    #1152 DosonTheGreat, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2020
    WinterMilla and Lointaine like this.
  13. ۜSиσω

They can also create new outfits that look really cute or really badass without putting a mini skirt on everything and exposing knees.

#1153 ۜSиσω, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  14. ghoulz666

Know what's really stupid? They already made the craftable costumes for shai, but only the Florin ones are available....

Shroud knight armor and others are like... armor... and not... dresses.

Fateneko and ۜSиσω like this.
  15. Joungf

Aha, reaction formation. So so ...
    Than those people are pedos who say that those who do the laws to protect the children are pedos, right? Reaction of the reaction formation. ;-)

16. Lewd Shai 2020

Please give Shai equal opportunity rights by giving her better costumes such as:
    Kibelius Divinus
    Acher Gaurd
    Karlstein
    Lahr Archien W/F
    Gloomy Fox costume w/ rabbit nose and ears
    Better underwear

People really don't spend money on Shai because the costume inventory in the Pearl shop is bad.

17. Skilliard

We don't want lewd shai costumes we just want the same costumes KR has without changes. The clipping with the censorship is downright horrible, the colors don't match, etc

I spent $1,000+ on BDO before they censored shai. Now I have a really good job as a Software Engineer and would spend a lot more, but I refuse to spend a dime until they correct this.

18. Shuusaku

You should research UN. They did child abuse on industrial scale in poor countries and are pushing the laws to ban fiction. If that is not an alarming example of wolves in a sheep clothes I don't know what is.

19. Lewd Shai 2020

I just want lewd Shai costumes.

I mean so what if the pixels are a representation of a kid?
    In today's society: sex sells. Biggest fact out there.

ChristmasChan and Naicon like this.
  20. Joungf

Child abuse happens everywhere: At home, school, kindergarten, church, holiday camp, sports club, show business, hospital, .... all over the world!