1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Don't care

16.8%
  1. Tirae

Sadly just as Satsuki Hime said. The CMs certainly don't have that authority, nor do the GMs. That is why I made this thread.. after making several tickets and pointing out the issues pointed out here, and directing them to the big thread (before it was locked) one of them answered me directly that they have no control over the changes of the Shai. That basically the best I can do is make a thread on the suggestions forum (which I did, obviously!) and I'm taking it a step forward to do as many others are doing by not making purchases on the game until the censorship is removed.

I did ask what further I can do to continue addressing the issue, or if at this point the best option is to wait to see the results of our efforts.

2. Kiwaso

I have asked myself what you say: Do not buy anything else in the pearl store.
    I bought the € 60 package with Shai's suit thinking that it would be the same as on the Korean server, since I play on it and the costumes are precious. My surprise was when I discovered that my character had a complete "body" that was fatal.
    Not even the pajamas are correct.

I've been playing MMO's since the Metin2, and this is the most absurd thing I've ever seen in my life.

I do not want to get involved in anyone's personal life, but it seems that the person who decided this had problems or traumas that have made him act in this way about the game.

As I said and I emphasize, I will not buy anything else until the community is heard and we have the same rights as in the other servers, since this has reached absurd limits.

Phoenixxx75, Curupe, Aelisah and 6 others like this.
  3. Illuvatar

I was really hyped about Shai when she was announced, sadly all this little things that have happened destroyed my will to play her.
    The outfits just look ugly on her, I was planning on buying the Kydict outfit to achieve a Zelda-ish look but I realized how horrible that underwear break the style I was trying to achieve and decided not to buy it.
    Also you might forget it's there with light-skinned characters but when you're trying to make your Shai not look like a white pale zombie using dark skin tones the underwear is beyond annoying and ugly.

Nogardyne, Luniartic, cloj and 3 others like this.
  4. mega_milk

There's a common recurring theme in psychology circles where the more you try to deny or hide something, the more it becomes the thing you're trying to hide. In social contexts, there's a thing called the Stressand Effect. This isn't quite the same thing, but the effect seems to be similar: The more you try to scream to the world "WE'RE NOT SEXUALIZING," the more obviously it shows, and ironically, it actually becomes quite perverse in nature.

In BDO's case, Shai now have undewear hyper-corrected to such lengths that underwear is constantly showing, a constant reminder that BDO is trying to hide something: "We're not bad people because look how hard we are trying to cover something up!"

If I were to bring my kids out in public during the summer wearing shorts and t-shirts, but with long underwear peeking out to cover up knees and elbows, I'd probably get some pretty dirty looks.

Despite all their "freedoms," the West (the US especially) have deep-rooted streaks of fundamentalism, and this isn't about changing that. But really, past-the-knees-length underwear reeks of hyper-fundamentalism from certain cultures who demand that women cover as much of their bodies as possible, which again, ironically just further reinforces the idea that an entire woman's body is a sex object to be hidden from other mens' view.

Nothing against others' cultures, but I don't live there, and certainly don't want to. If we're going to lean BDO towards conservative virtue signalling, why not just remove Shai entirely? We wouldn't bring our "kids" to violent activities or strip clubs, and BDO has plenty of women running around in towels slaughtering each other, so obviously this must be a moral affront if we encourage this behavior. Because after all, the things we do in a fictional video game mean we do these things in real life.

As a compromise, I don't mind if the Shai still need to wear some boyshorts or like a boyshort leotard underneath, but at the very least some effort should be made to not ruin the costumes people are paying for. The Shai is a great and cute experiment from PA, and I'd hate for them to stop trying new things because they misinterpreted (non-)sales data.

5. Skilliard

I hope you asked for a refund when you paid for something and didn't get what was advertised. The fact that they're using uncensored marketing materials in the advertising material is fraudulent.

6. Yukizawa

Yukizawa Witch 60 EU

The censorship of the Shai is the worst I have ever seen.
    And most of all it is, in my eyes, a slap in the face of the costume designers who have certainly put a lot of work into the designs. And the outfits are now so broken by this cheap censorship.

Solitaire, o0ABC0o, Curupe and 7 others like this.
  7. Pixsa

IF I have to I can live with the censorship but it really does detract from the look of the character. My real life daughter showed way more skin than the little Shai ever has :D

The super cute underwear that is available for the Shai in other areas is so much nicer than the pajamas we have been given. A really sweet singlet and boy knickers totally gorgeous. I mean seriously who wears their pj's underneath their going out clothes ??

#107 Pixsa, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Solitaire, o0ABC0o, Aelisah and 7 others like this.
  8. KeeperG

at least edit the skirts to be longer
    half ass job of censorship

Solitaire likes this.
  9. WinterMilla

Tbh I'm over compromising as we see how far that got us. I just want it gone 100%. I'm not some criminal i can make my own choices.

10. NiyiYee

Using "Western" values as a means to censor a character in a game is hypocrisy. It's a common accurance now a days that developers start to censor "Younger" age characters when they come to the west because they are afraid of the Bad press they will receive. But I dont see how in any shape or form our western values has anything to do with dressing Adults("children") up to the knees in clothing. My younger cousin of 6 wears a normal dress and that's less clothing then the Shai you don't see society complain at us for being deviant right? Infact It's become a more common accurance among "Children" 12+ To wear Tight shorts in the west now a days and show an exposed belly due to western influences of the media. It's easier to express your oppinion on the internet but in reality we all know Nowadays it's a common accurance what the dress code is with minors how sad it may be, thanks to western values and media.

Phoenixxx75, Solitaire and o0ABC0o like this.
  11. Joungf

I remember the censor madness on mangas and animes (0+ / 6+!) in EU in the early 90's after parents (mostly mothers) started an uproar over showing blood and feminists getting angry over the way female character were presented and dressed in animes and mangas. The result was censorship and removing anime series completely or broadcasting the censored ones at 19:00 o'clock. I do not know how it was then in NA.

12. kakodaimonos

Hmmm... Dragonball GT 60% of the Episodes simply cut. All fight scenes mostly cut. That was a ride of an Anime back then.

13. Kanimae

This is like Tera all over again when they censored the Elin outfits. Couple years later and they no longer cared. The censorship wasn't reverted, it was just simply new outfits that were released uncensored.

I for one don't want to enable perverts and say keep the censorship.

kakodaimonos likes this.
  14. James722

This isn't Tera. These outfits aren't indecent at all even in their original form. The original form just isn't ugly full body pajamas. In the end I don't think it matters. Kakao manages the pc version. The console version is purely Pearl Abyss and it's censored there which means Kakao probably can't do anything.

15. kakodaimonos

Yeah not yet... Elin were not as bad when they got released either.
    Things can change drastically. I prefer them to keep the censorship right from the get go, rather than adjust it later down the line or even go full uncensored with whatever they might have in mind for the future.

16. NiyiYee

Compared to other characters; Elin, Lyn, Shai is the most decent currently wardrobe wise and characteristic wise. Even at the start the wardrobe of Elins was already very "Suggestive" to say the least and when the reaper class came out well, It already ended where it started. BnS did Censor the Lyn's at the start of the game but it was very mild at best and no one complained about it and fit the characters asthethic look. With the Shai, this "Pajama look" People support against pervertism looks hideous. On the topic of pervertism how can u even link such a thing to a character showing "Skin" Aka "Legs".

Valliere, Tirae, Nogardyne and 2 others like this.
  17. Lillekolibri

The thing I can't understand is that this company has done pretty much everything to suck money out of their players in the past, but this time? Censorship. I have not talked to a single person that has bought anything for Shai. There must be some pretty powerful people behind this decision because they would make millions from Shai. Now they won't make enough for lunch money. Makes sense? Not to me.

18. Atlas-04

The game already enables perverts right? You can dress up all these women in skimpy outfits and get off to em all day.

If Shai players are potential child molesters than every male playing a female class is a potential rapist.

And finally who cares if a degenerate is wasting his time in this game? It is a much better use of time than say going to a public swimming pool with ACTUAL kids wearing much less than what is in this game.

19. NiyiYee

It's all hypocrisy and I hate it. Female's 2 big melons on the front are okay same at the behind and that's totally not perverse, yet a somewhat childish character with exposed legs causes an oproar.

Risa, Solitaire, o0ABC0o and 4 others like this.
  20. Tirae

The outfits for Shai aren't inappropriate. Even the one outfit that is a maid for all the other female classes was changed to be entirely different and new for Shai, 100% innocent, cute, and safe. You also seem to have missed the point I made in my first post, and a point I made several times throughout this discuss and the discussion in the locked thread.

Nothing will stop perverts from being perverts. I hardly think censorship will affect them any when they probably installed a nude patch in the first place. The only thing the censorship accomplished was ruining the outfits for the Shai, causing clipping issues and making cute outfits look terrible, and insult the rest of us players. This isn't the 60s or 50s, censorship is uncalled for. What the Shai wear in the original models is more modest than what people, and children even, wear outside of the game out in public everyday.